Subject: Re: OT: Scummo is gone
Newsgroups: aus.cars
From: nop...@nunnya.business.com.au (lindsay)
Date: Mon, 23 May 2022 19:52:36 +1000
 by: lindsay - Mon, 23 May 2022 09:52 UTC

On 22/05/2022 8:57 pm, Noddy wrote:
> On 22/05/2022 4:19 pm, lindsay wrote:

>>> Agree not a good result overall but good in my electorate in that
>>> there was a 2.8% swing to the Liberals, Labor still won the seat
>>> but with a reduced margin which has to be a good thing, we won't be
>>> taken for granted anymore.
>>
>> Same here in Issacs.. 4.5% swing away from Mr Photo-op Dreyfus? May
>> actually have to do *something* to earn his keep next time around.
>> Just for something to do, mind you.
>
> Best news of the lot in my opinion is that ugly fat ranting cunt Craig
> Kelly will not only *not* be our next Prime Minister, but he's lost his
> seat as well.
>
> Couldn't happen to a more deserving pig-eyed sack of shit.

:-D

saw this on-line earlier...
"Clive Palmer and the United Australia Party, it hasn't been that great.
About $100 million in outlays. I can see 231,000 votes for them in the
Senate and a swing to them of 1.4 per cent. So that's a lot of money for
1.4 per cent, and at the moment nationally they seem to be behind Legal
Cannabis Australia which I don't think spent $100 million. Australians
know what they want and they don't need $100 million to tell them."

Sounds about right to me. I hope the pair of fat fucks do a 'Mr
Creosote' and explode, or self immolate.

>> My only concerns are
>>
>> 1: Can albo handle the chinese (lower case). Granted scomo didnt
>> light the world on fire, what with demanding some cunt in china
>> remove a pic of an aus solider preparing to slit a childs throat. He
>> got trolled bad there and reacted poorly... But he did stick to his
>> guns when china handed a list of 14 things we would have to to to be
>> friends with a bunch of bat eating cunts... As I cough my guts out
>> again...)
>
> Hopefully you're on the improve.

so 3 weeks in, certainly getting better, but have this persistent dry
tickle cough that even scotch wont fix. But I keep trying, whilst the
wife keeps buying.... :-)

We are now converts to home deliveries from Woolies, Coles, Dan Murphys,
et-al, esp whilst the price of fuel is so high. Wife got a woolies
delivery for $5.00 It would have cost here more in fuel to go and get
it. And it keeps her away from the disease ridden fucks... although we
apparently cant get it again for 12 weeks. Dont care, I wear a N-95 mask
everywhere I go.

> Difficult to say how Albanese will do with foreign issues, as I get the
> feeling he is seen as "weak". I dunno about China, but I read a report
> on my phone this afternoon that people smugglers in Indonesia are
> already selling places on boats to Australia.

I have this impression that he will be 'soft' too. His new foreign
minister will need some balls.. (Oh, hang on! and "cred" because she
said so!)

>> 2: will the purchase of nuclear powered subs go ahead, if the Labor
>> party needs the Green vote to move forward. (shudder: I can still
>> hear Juliar spouting that..."Moving forward..." and doing her Karate
>> chop in the press gallery) I would imagine the Greens would leave us
>> defenceless.
>
> Their own (Greens) defence policy is absolutely fucking useless, and I
> don't think they'd be in favour of continuing the AUKUS agreement any
> time soon. Fortunately for Albanese he will most likely have his pick of
> who he needs to side with to form a minority Government, and hopefully
> the Greens get left holding the baby.

I'm sure I heard this arvo that the cards have fallen his way, and will
be able to form a majority govt. Hopefully that will add some stability.
Wasnt a major fan of scomo, but he did stand up to the bat eaters. Elbow
will need to do the same, and spend the same, if not more, on defence.
Not less.

>> 3: I've yet to see what Labours defence policy looks like. Did they
>> offer bipartisan support for AUKUS, and the purchase of nuclear
>> powered subs?
>
> Labor has supported the agreement, but Penny Wong has been overly
> critical of the deal claiming that it's a threat to Australia's
> "independence". I'm fucked if I know how buying a bunch of submarines
> from countries we've been allied with for decades and who we've bought
> military hardware from *many* times before could actually do that, but
> apparently that's her position and it's one that's not exactly clear.
> Whether she continues to hold that view on becoming foreign minister or
> whether she changes her tune remains to be seen.

A threat to our "independence" ?.. i wonder if she's seen what china
(lower case) have been doing in the South china Sea? Sri-Lanka? Solomon
Islands?

>> Or the Greens defence policy, for that matter. Trev?
>
> I'm not speaking for Trevor, but this is taken directly from their
> "platform" web page, and lists the proposed defence policies that they
> took to the election:
>
> [quote]
>
>> Renegotiate the US alliance to secure a new relationship focused on
>> making us a better global citizen

wtf? Are we a poor one now? Obviously we're not doing enough to help out
Ukraine? All the peacekeeping we've done in the Persian Gulf, in Timor,
New Guinea... currently in the Soly islands? Tonga? We're to simply stop
all that?

>> Pass War Powers legislation to ensure governments can’t send us to war
>> without Parliamentary approval
>
>> Close all military bases that foreign militaries have set up
>> in this country

Which ones? Pine Gap? Insane. So they'd be happy to turf out the US

>> Sign and ratify the Nuclear Weapons Ban Treaty

Why? Whats that going to achieve? A pisssant country of 25 million, who
has no nuclear weapons has to sign a treaty that the worlds worst hasnt
signed? The 3 rouge countries (china, nNrth Korea and Russia) will need
to sign that and remove their stockpiles first.

>> Ban the development and use of Lethal Autonomous Weapons in line with the
>> international campaign ‘Stop Killer Robots’

Right. I'm buying shares in 'Slingshots are us' tomorrow, Trebuchets
will be all the rage up north soon.

>> Reduce military spending to 1.5 % of GDP by buying fewer guns and tanks,
>> and ensuring that we have a light, readily deployable and highly
>> mobile force that meets the needs of our place in the world

I'd double it to 4% just like china has increased theirs...

>> Increase oversight of defence procurement by establishing a
>> Parliamentary Defence Office to provide independent advice to Members
>> of Parliament.
>
> [end quote]
>
> They advertise these defence policy measures as a downloadable PDF under
> the heading of "Peace, Disarmament, and Demilitarisation"

Yeah, that'll work. Everyone hold hands.. here we go.. Kumbuya...

> I think that pretty much tells you how royally fucked we would all be if
> they have any say in how this country goes about defending itself.
>
>> As you can see Australia's defence means a lot to me, coz without it,
>>  the rest of the crap is moot.
>
> Indeed.
>
>> I'm not interested in female quotas in politics, I'm not interested
>> foreign ministers who says " I'd make a great foreign minister,
>> because I have cred" (in debate with Marise Payne) apparently because
>> she's of asian decent gives her that "cred" , because I'm fucked if i
>> know how you get "cred" as a *shadow* foreign minister doing fuck all
>> ...!)
>
> Lol :)
>
> Agreed 100%
>
>> I'm only interested in things that matter to me and mine.  Fair
>> chance Australia will be at war with china within 10 years, if not
>> earlier. Depending if Albo and Wong turfs our alliance with USA. He
>> does that? Were sitting ducks. If china invade Taiwan, and USA backs
>> them, so will we, as the terms of our alliance. We dont? No alliance,
>> and we're next. It will all end in tears.. :-)
>
> It absolutely will, and we have a choice to make. Hopefully the people
> in power take the "soft cock" option and leave us all standing here with
> our dicks in the wind.

If allowed, why would they continue pay massive prices for iron ore,
when they could just come and take it?

> Personally if I was Prime Minister I'd be asking the Yanks if we could
> do a "fleet" deal on all the B-52's currently sitting in the Arizona
> aircraft boneyard, and if it wasn't too much trouble if they could ship
> them all here with a 40 megatonne load in each one. I'd then set them on
> patrols 2 hours from targets inside China, and once they were holding at
> their failsafe points I'd issue them with a Wing Attack Plan R order :)

We could do better, and wait a couple of years, and then buy a squadron
or two of the new B-21 Raider. Gives us our long range strike capability
back, and half the price of 12 French subs. When the F-111's were
retired, blind freddy could see a vacuum. We should have leased a dozen
B-1B Lancers to fill the gap. So we went and bought 24 F/A-18 E/F
Hornets (great planes, dont get me wrong) but need aerial refuelling. A
B-21, with the new antiship missiles we've purchased) can attack targets
as far away as the South china Sea from Alice Springs. If required.
That, and 6-8 nuclear powered subs should be the minimum of forward
defence capability. Not to forget the manufacture of our own missiles.
But the ones we've apparently purchased.. 200 x LRASM, unknown amount of
the new Naval Strike Missile that even the US has bought, unknown amount
of JASSM, we still have our stock of RGM 84 Harpoons as well... Gee,
even china must be looking at that and thinking "is it worth it?" Hope so.

SubjectRepliesAuthor
o OT: Scummo is gone

By: Trevor Wilson on Sat, 21 May 2022

147Trevor Wilson