Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Wed, 25 May 2022 06:22:53 -0700 (PDT)
<88d5b5fd-7b6b-4a6c-b84b-a737da8ef1d1n@googlegroups.com> <931fe6b2-a7d9-4c99-b4f2-a8ff103f7aebn@googlegroups.com>
<5f2f398a-c2a4-4096-9b44-27aa5ff95437n@googlegroups.com> <37778h99u6h4m3hj4c0s27r66fim20me3n@4ax.com>
<19a55a13-efbc-41c8-8e4b-567c77b183e0n@googlegroups.com> <068h8hds5h37cdkt5uup6h8fj88l3gru5h@4ax.com>
<9f9a913a-85b3-412f-99cd-0204cd6fbafen@googlegroups.com> <f0hh8h1vr4urri4f2qm47354qb35u9ps49@4ax.com>
<ae0e996c-2dae-473e-b91c-81bf2c2dc36bn@googlegroups.com> <jetu58FmjbnU1@mid.individual.net>
<37f6e4a6-a308-4964-8f20-31e5406c439en@googlegroups.com> <f397d27b-4cf9-424d-9220-a53958fe909cn@googlegroups.com>
<7e216a85-db62-45b3-be60-1cbb3685ec31n@googlegroups.com> <jf3daaFnuooU1@mid.individual.net>
<a59cdef9-3a9c-4e68-97db-6466ff6a6119n@googlegroups.com> <da99aea0-1504-4364-b1ae-9b19110c68dcn@googlegroups.com>
<5788eff2-31c0-4c76-8fb6-9c13245e0850n@googlegroups.com> <34928949-e504-4554-892f-20ba8e370a60n@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: RIP Andrew Symonds
From: hamish.l...@gmail.com (Hamish Laws)
 by: Hamish Laws - Wed, 25 May 2022 13:22 UTC

On Wednesday, May 25, 2022 at 8:16:51 PM UTC+10, themigh...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Tuesday, May 24, 2022 at 11:22:58 AM UTC-4, RH wrote:

> > > His argument makes perfect sense, as long as you aren't stupid enough to assume a conclusion before you examine the evidence.
> > OK. Explain the logic of a 70 million population (UK) compared with a 25 million population (Oz) not being able to produce 3 times the sides in their domestic FC cricket .Of course the great difference is the UK allows 50 or more foreigners in their domestic competition while Oz allows virtually none. RH
> Does CA not allow overseas players, or is it simply scheduling, pay and competition?

They're allowed but not common, off the top of my head we've had Sobers, Imran Khan, Michael Holding, Ian Botham, Richard Hadlee, Barry Richards, Hick, Kepler Wessels moved out here during WSC and played grade cricket and got picked for the Shield (then got a contract for WSC)

I think that it's pretty rare that the states would give somebody a contract and guarantee them a game unless they're established international players and there's not much time international players have free now. I think a few international players have said they came out and played grade cricket early in their careers

We've also got scheduling issues with NZ & RSA and historically I think more English players have played in RSA

SubjectRepliesAuthor
o RIP Andrew Symonds

By: Mike Holmans on Sun, 15 May 2022

89Mike Holmans