From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.computers,aus.legal
Subject: Re: I love PayPal
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2021 16:43:55 +1100
References: <j0l0l2FpmdoU1@mid.individual.net> <pfsaqgljd7t4af6t922e9efil683l0m6p1@4ax.com> <j0le8jFs3h5U1@mid.individual.net> <gu0bqgtcv04iu83eo3pd0n7jslad2tvkjd@4ax.com> <j0litjFssglU1@mid.individual.net> <j0ob8gFehkrU1@mid.individual.net> <iamfqgpt5j3riikgm4g92dq77k5ubdp36s@4ax.com> <j0q7efFpo7kU1@mid.individual.net> <soba3k$8cu$1@gioia.aioe.org> <m3oiqgpi13hj7knhqdkoup73rn2nhs3uph@4ax.com> <soc5sp$1tae$2@gioia.aioe.org>
 by: Rod Speed - Fri, 3 Dec 2021 05:43 UTC

Max <max@val.morgan> wrote
> Peter Jason wrote
>> Max <max@val.morgan> wrote
>>> Rod Speed wrote

>>> What is the best way to send money to someone, say like a friend or
>>> relative? Is it PayID?
>>
>> Before fruiting about with these goony sites, try first the option of
>> EFT into his/her bank account. Or use the mobile phone to do it that
>> same way. Or send him a cheque, or for small amounts send cash
>> (notes) thru the mail.
>> Don't listen to Rod; he's up to his nuts in the latest Technicolor
>> site. Shiny glittering colorful things entrance some people.

> Seems like PayID is in effect EFT

Sort of, except that its instant and the recipient has to
setup to receive it. With the original EFT all you need
is their bank account number, no setup needed.

And PayID is MUCH safer because the sender gets told
who the receiver claims to be so that if you make a
mistake entering the mobile number or email address,
you don’t end up sending it to the wrong person.

SubjectRepliesAuthor
o I love PayPal

By: Rod Speed on Mon, 29 Nov 2021

49Rod Speed