From: tre...@rageaudio.com.au (Trevor Wilson)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Subject: Re: OT: Melbourne's CFMEU demonstrations
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2021 09:38:53 +1000
 by: Trevor Wilson - Thu, 23 Sep 2021 23:38 UTC

On 23/09/2021 9:48 pm, Daryl wrote:
> On 23/9/21 8:08 pm, Trevor Wilson wrote:

>>> Oddly enough, as much as I hate Victorian state Labor with a passion
>>> (and I *really* fucking hate them), I find myself sympathizing with
>>> Andrews and feel that he's getting the hot end of the poker unjustly.
>>
>> **Yep.
>>

>>> Let me be quite clear. I'm *not* a Daniel Andrews fan and I think
>>> that would be obvious to anyone who's ever read any comment I've made
>>> about him. He's fucked up every project he's put his hands on in this
>>> state and made a *huge* fucking mess. But as far as managing the
>>> Covid pandemic goes he's done pretty well despite issues like aged
>>> care and hotel quarantine being a bit of a fiasco.
>>
>> **The aged care deaths were a federal responsibility. In that sense,
>> Scummo couldn't organise a piss-up in a brewery. Hotel quarantine is
>> also a federal responsibility. The feds SHOULD have begun building
>> quarantine places early last year. They have resisted. In this matter,
>> I have a theory:
>>
>> When it became apparent that COVID-19 was going to fuck the tourism
>> industry, the big hotels lobbied the gummint to use their facilities,
>> despite the fact that they are clearly not fit for purpose. That
>> fucking idiot, Scummo, doesn't give a fuck about the people of this
>> nation, but he cares about the big end of town, so he said: "Yes, what
>> a great idea."
>>
>> Just a theory mind you. The feds have still not built one single
>> quarantine facility. Fucking idiots. Still slaves to the hotel industry.
>
> That is utterly bizarre, where were those that needed to be quarantined
> going to be housed?

**In a PURPOSE BUILT facility. The feds have had 18 MONTHS to build a
bunch. They don't have to be flash. As usual, the cunts in charge have
been sitting on their thumbs. They fucked up the vaccine roll-out and
they fucked up quarantine. We've spent HUNDREDS OF MILLION of Dollars on
the failed hotel quarantine system.

Do you seriously imagine that if the gummint chucked (say) $500 million
at building a purpose built quarantine facility, that it couldn't be
done in short order?

> Even if they started building facilities the moment they thought there
> was a need they would still take a year or more to be ready so what
> happens in the meantime?

**Those quarantine facilities would be built by now. That's what would
happen. They've had 18 months. All while hotel quarantine has been shown
to be a failure.

> The States have been in charge of the bulk of the hotel quarantine.

**The feds are responsible for quarantine. Always have been. They may
have handed that responsibility to the states, but the feds are responsible.

> In an ironic twist I think that the problems we are facing now are
> indirectly caused by our early success in controlling the virus, low
> case numbers and very few deaths relative to other countries resulted in
> people being too lax about being vaccinated, other countries that fared
> much worse early on now have a far greater percentage of their
> populations vaccinated so they are doing better.

**Partly true. The other reason we are where we are right now, is due to
the penny-pinching fuck-up by Scummo.

> Only time will tell whether or not the approach the US and UK took early
> on, that is they accepted more cases and deaths, is better than
> Australia's attempt to achieve zero cases which seems to have failed.

**No. Our original approach was a good one. ALL the states managed it
reasonably well. Some better than others. Where we (by "we" I mean
Scummo) is the complete fuck-up WRT vaccines. Scummo and his band of
idiots failed to speak to Pfizer. WTF?

>>> As far as Victorian regulations go the overwhelming bulk of it is at
>>> the recommendation of the Chief Health Officer, and if they make a
>>> recommendation it would be a very brave politician indeed who would
>>> ignore it in times of a national health crisis as we find ourselves
>>> in now. Following the health advice is easy to understand. What is
>>> significantly *less* easy to understand is why that advice seems to
>>> vary so greatly between each state.
>>
>> **I can speak for NSW. Our idiot premier has handled things reasonably
>> well. We had superior tracking and tracing in the early days, which
>> allowed NSW to resist COVID-19 so well. Blind Freddy could tell you
>> that opening up at 70% vax is idiotic to the extreme. Yet, that is
>> precisely what Gladys is going to do. I feel terribly sorry for health
>> workers. They are the ones who will suffer with this decision forced
>> on Gladys by the big end of town. It is devoid of logic, common-sense
>> and humanity.
>>

>>> We are at a really critical point in the pandemic at the moment with
>>> the Delta strain getting a real stranglehold. We recorded a record
>>> number of new infections in Victoria today, and these anti vax
>>> protest munts who are banging on about wanting their freedom are both
>>> not helping and not getting it.
>>
>> **My opinion? The police should dump their rubber bullets and use live
>> ammo on those cunts. It will only cause the disease to spread and slow
>> down any efforts to open up. And then, those who will suffer the most
>> will be the health workers.
>>

>>> The problem we face now is not in stopping this horrendous virus as
>>> there *is* no stopping it, but in keeping it under control until we
>>> reach the point where enough of us have been vaccinated for it's
>>> effects to be minimized.
>>
>> **"Enough of us"? Fuck that. ALL OF US. Every single one. No exceptions.
>
> There will be some exceptions on medical grounds but not a big enough
> number to make any difference.

**Exactly. `

>> Anti-vaxxers are complete idiots.
>
> Agree but there is the carrot or stick methods to encourage vaccinations
> and the stick is not working.

**Agreed. March the dickheads in at gunpoint.

> The way the Vic Govt went about forcing the construction workers (most
> would have done it willingly anyway) to be vaccinated was a total cock
> up then to just shut down the industry without notice was just asking
> for trouble.

**No, it wasn't. The construction industry is/was responsible for a
large number of infections.

> I know of lots of under 40's that have been trying to get vaccinated but
> have had lots of trouble getting appointments due to lack of vaccines,

**Exactly my previous point. The feds fucked up the vaccine roll-out.

> my daughter in law had to drive to Ballarat because she couldn't get an
> appointment near her home and my oldest son had to wait 6 weeks to get his.
> Youngest had less trouble getting his because he lives in the inner city.

**There is and has been plenty of A-Z vax available. A-Z is a perfectly
fine vaccine. In fact, speaking to my GP the other day about booster
shots. He tells me that researchers have found that A-Z has a longer
lasting protection than Pfizer (and probably Moderna).

>  Why my taxes have to pay for their
>> stupidity is beyond my comprehension. That said, I ain't too happy
>> about paying to keep smokers alive either.
>>

>>   We're right on the cusp now where it can get away from
>>> us *very* easily, and if it does the health system will be swamped
>>> and unable to cope with the case numbers and we'll see the kinds of
>>> nightmares here that they've seen in most of the rest of the world
>>> were hundreds of thousands of people will die because the system
>>> won't be able to cope with the caseload.
>>
>> **Correct. Those selfish cunts who demonstrate and won't get
>> vaccinated are the problem. Live ammo. Not rubber bullets. Solves all
>> the problems.
>

> Funny how the same people who complain about vaccines comply with many
> of the other thousands of rules that control our lives.

**You can't stop people being stupid.

> Nothing wrong with demonstrating against an idiot like Andrews if its
> done sensibly, trouble is who ever is organizing the demonstrations in
> Melb are idiots, going near the Shrine is madness as is attacking the
> vaccinations centers, once they did that they completely lost any hope
> of public support.

**Of course.

SubjectRepliesAuthor
o OT: Melbourne's CFMEU demonstrations