From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Subject: Re: OT: still has a motor, 4 wheels, and an exhaust
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2021 22:20:18 +1100
 by: Noddy - Fri, 19 Nov 2021 11:20 UTC

On 19/11/2021 7:27 pm, lindsay wrote:
> On 18/11/2021 10:15 pm, Noddy wrote:
>
>> I think so. Don't worry too much about the deck wash as it doesn't do
>> a hell of a lot. You'll get far better results by jacking it up or
>> driving it up on ramps and hitting it with a pressure washer from
>> underneath.
>>
>> The cruise control is a great feature. Hopefully yours will have it.
>
> Seems no to either. Apparently the newer version has neither, due to
> costs. No biggie. Deck wash is easy enough to fit up myself, and the
> cruise would be nice, but not too sure that in my situation, it would be
> a valuable addition. The forthcoming Kubota will do the bulk of the
> work.... The Cub Cadet will have a fair bit to do until the Kubota
> arrives...

That's a bit of a bugger. Still, it's not like holding the pedal down is
hard work.
>> You should be okay. A quick measurement in the dark tells me it's
>> almost 2 metres long by 1700 wide with the grass deflector folded
>> down. You should be able to get it on the back with a little bit
>> sticking out. I've had mine in a 7x5 trailer with the tailgate off and
>> it was okay.
>
> Yep. Thanks for that. Seems like the width isn't a problem, and the
> motor will hang over the tray with the tailboard removed, but all four
> wheels on the tray. I've several anchor points mounted in the tray, even
> more on the sides, and lo and behold, Wurth have produced some ratchet
> tie-downs, which I now have a fair sized carton full. :-) Never mind the
> shit Bunnings sell. ;-) It wont be going nowhere. Mates have asked how I
> will get it out/off the tray... I have a "stock ramp" I used to get the
> quads on and off the Navara... the ranga is a little higher, but I'm
> sure i'll not have an issue unloading it...

I'm sure it'll be easy.

I've got a set of folding alluminium ramps, but I found the easiest way
to get it in and out of the box trailer was to just hook the trailer up
to the tow bar on the tractor's 3 point linkage and then tilt the
trailer all the way up and just drive the thing in and out like one big
ramp.

>>> https://www.imagebam.com/view/ME52CEE
>>
>> Makes it easier to transport, and as my mower lives in a container
>> with my tractor and other shit it allows me to have a walkway in
>> between all the crap and not accidentally stand on the thing and snap
>> it off :)
>
> Heh.. mine's gunna live in a container, which was gunna become my
> wingman's bedroom for his family.... so i'll probably buy a shed and
> some concrete from  Bunnings in Bairnsdale, and head down that path...

Cool.

>>> either early December or just before Xmas, but fuck, it's gunna get a
>>> workout over the Xmas hols whilst waiting for the tractor. The grass
>>> is so high around the place, the emu's are getting bogged! Looking
>>> into the paddock next door, they look like submarine periscopes. Cant
>>> see 'em till you yell, and then all the heads pop up! :-)
>>> https://www.imagebam.com/view/ME527E8  emus in the grass
>>
>> Fucking hell. That will test it :) Looks like it's been wet. Wish it
>> was that green around here.
>
> Rainfall has been awesome.  No complaint from me, (until if have to use
> my winch.

The only thing I'm not liking about the wet weather at the moment are
the leaks in my shed roof. We've had a couple of decent storms here in
the last few weeks, and a couple of sheets of laserlite have been
damaged. I've got a bloke coming out to replace it all, but in the mean
time I have buckets all over the place to catch the drips.

>>> This is the neighbours dam. It's risen 8 feet in the last 12 months,
>>> and the last 2 feet in a week. So the joint is a bit wet. :-)
>>> https://www.imagebam.com/view/ME527E6  neighbours dam
>>
>> Nice.
>
> Seems it's forced a few red-bellied blacks up a bit higher towards his
> shack....  :-)

The blacks are pretty tame. It's those brown cunts you have to watch.
They won't just bite you, they'll chase you into the shed to bite you,
then rape your cat and then steal all your beer :)

Cunts of things they are.

>>> Amazing rainfall up there, and who knows when it's gunna stop? Happy
>>> to see it rain, rather than burn.
>>
>> Absolutely. Been pretty wet here as well, and the weeds are going nuts :)
>
> I recently had an issue with a stihl line trimmer i use at home. Broken
> down 4 times since new. Bought a Honda 4 stroke from Bunnings, (5% off
> too), and it just works. Starts 2nd pull as advertised. Fuck the weeds.
> Whilst it wont go too hard, it will sort the majority. ;-) Has a
> 'twisted' string. I poo-pooed it at first.. now looking to buy more...

Same here. We had some two stroke Bunnings thing (I think it was called
a "Talon" or some such) and as with all two stroke things it decided one
day that it wasn't starting and that was that. After throwing it on the
junk pile I went to Bunnings and bought a brush cutter with a Honda GX25
engine and it's never missed a beat in almost 10 years. Starts first
pull, does a great job and never stops.

I put one of these on ours, as the standard head was rubbish:

> https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/144277705115?hash=item21979f119b:g:di8AAOSwu-FhhPg0

Works well. Takes 4mm plastic rope which is strong enough to deal with
most of the weeds, but not strong enough to accidentally cut through
fencing wire.

>>> https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Air-Filter-Shut-Off-Valve-For-Kohler-7000-Series-Engine-32-083-09-S-12-050-01-S-/194496159493?hash=item2d48dfdf05
>>>

>> For 50 bucks you get a set of plugs, an oil filter, a fuel filter, an
>> air filter, a new fuel tap, and a new replacement fuel pump. Oh, on
>> the subject of air filters, if the kwaka engine has the air filter
>> located right at the rear of the machine like the Kohler engine does
>> then it will get pretty dusty quite quickly. The filter is a paper
>> element type but they come with a foam "pre-cleaner" band on them, and
>> they work very well if you pick up a can of K&N air filter oil and
>> give them a light coating before use.
>>
>> When they get filthy, take the foam band off and wash it in petrol and
>> then leave it to dry before refitting it and giving it another spray
>> with oil.
>
> Many, many thanks for the info. Duly noted , printed, and filed..

No probs.

>> It should do fine. The wife is the main mower pilot around here and
>> she gives ours hell. The shed has a few dents in the back wall where
>> she's picked shit up and flung it at it at super sonic speed, and it
>> scares the crap out of me every time :)
>>
>> You'll love the steering wheel. It leaves a hand free to hold your beer.
>
> LOL... when i mow home with the McCullough, it doesnt take me long to do
> the front yard and naturestrip... maybe 2 mins max. As I head back
> through the garage to do the back yard, I have to pass the beer fridge.
> It's like a drive through with travellers....  :-)

ROTFL :)

Fucking awesome :)

>>> https://www.imagebam.com/view/ME5281S  this was taken 9 months ago...
>>> it's fucking overgrown now! :) got some work to do... it's a bog at
>>> the mo. Assuming the rain will stop at some stage, theres a bit to do
>>> around the camp, and under the trees to the right in the pic... ;-D
>>
>> Looks like a really cool place to hang out :)
>
> Labor of love, but after some issues with my ex-mate that owns a
> property on the Wonnangatta river, 10k west of Dargo, the wife suggested
> I buy my own. Be 12 years old this summer; had a shitload of fun up
> there with my mates, built a "shearers quarters" and machinery shed, and
> have had a ball there. Neighbors are all awesome too, which makes life
> there more simple. One has done a bit of slashing around my shed and
> access track because he knows my tractor's not up to it... Great
> neighbour. Great people. Wont retire there (have other plans) but a
> magic joint to get out of town, and do what I want, when I want....

Nice. It's a lovely part of the world. I used to love going to Dargo
when I was young. Shit-tonnes of great scenic bike rides.

>> Funny that. I bought mine from the local mower shop in Bacchus and
>> while the mower itself was pretty well priced (I think I paid 5 and a
>> half grand, but that was 4 years ago), they're pretty exxy for
>> anything else so I don't bother with them much.
>
> Yep. Have learnt about this particular mob. Got them to repair my Honda
> 2.0ei? gennie (that I'd bought from them) under warranty.. went to pick
> it up, and they'd suggested they'd done all sorts of "service" to it...
> from memory? $800 worth on a $2k gennie. It was a warranty job, ffs!
> Told 'em I wasn't paying a cent as it was warranty, and picked it up
> free of charge on the spot. Wont name 'em, so the sea-lice of aus.cars
> (you know, the ones who say they aren't stalkers!) will have something
> to do tomorrow. I'll help: They are in Greens rd, Dandenong, and their
> two part name begins with "Red Sh.." If you flogs need any help, which
> wouldn't surprise me, just ask. :-D

Hahahahaha :)

> Way dearer (15%) for the new mower, than another mob who are on the way
> to my joint, so they get the crisps. Money talks.

It does indeed.

Regards,
Noddy.

SubjectRepliesAuthor
o OT: still has a motor, 4 wheels, and an exhaust

By: lindsay on Wed, 17 Nov 2021

112lindsay