Subject: Re: OT: still has a motor, 4 wheels, and an exhaust
Newsgroups: aus.cars
From: nop...@nunnya.business.com.au (lindsay)
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2021 19:49:43 +1100
 by: lindsay - Sun, 21 Nov 2021 08:49 UTC

On 19/11/2021 10:20 pm, Noddy wrote:
> On 19/11/2021 7:27 pm, lindsay wrote:
>> On 18/11/2021 10:15 pm, Noddy wrote:
>>
>>> I think so. Don't worry too much about the deck wash as it doesn't do
>>> a hell of a lot. You'll get far better results by jacking it up or
>>> driving it up on ramps and hitting it with a pressure washer from
>>> underneath.
>>>
>>> The cruise control is a great feature. Hopefully yours will have it.
>>
>> Seems no to either. Apparently the newer version has neither, due to
>> costs. No biggie. Deck wash is easy enough to fit up myself, and the
>> cruise would be nice, but not too sure that in my situation, it would
>> be a valuable addition. The forthcoming Kubota will do the bulk of the
>> work.... The Cub Cadet will have a fair bit to do until the Kubota
>> arrives...
>
> That's a bit of a bugger. Still, it's not like holding the pedal down is
> hard work.

Lol, I'll survive. The Kubota has cruise. :-)

>> Heh.. mine's gunna live in a container, which was gunna become my
>> wingman's bedroom for his family.... so i'll probably buy a shed and
>> some concrete from  Bunnings in Bairnsdale, and head down that path...
>
> Cool.

Sheds are cheap, the concrete floor isn't :-)

> The only thing I'm not liking about the wet weather at the moment are
> the leaks in my shed roof. We've had a couple of decent storms here in
> the last few weeks, and a couple of sheets of laserlite have been
> damaged. I've got a bloke coming out to replace it all, but in the mean
> time I have buckets all over the place to catch the drips.

Same.. seems our little earthquake a couple of months ago has upset the
roof on the factory, and is leaking across the centre. No biggie,
plumber booked to sort it. My biggest whinge has been a gum tree that
was planted by Kingston Council maybe 10 years ago? The mindless
cretins planted a ghost gum? on their land, 2 metres from the rear of my
factory. Long story short, (and Tommy's all over this, because he's not
a stalker) is the whole east side of the street took the council to
court for damage to their (and my) buildings, it got as far as
'mediation" and their *insurance co* paid out under sufferance. Council
rely on their insurance company for everything, and we can see the
outcome...

After the payout, the trees were the subject of a "discussion by parks
and gardens" and they decided to leave it/them. Move on to three weeks
ago...
So much rain, and add a bit of a decent blow, and lo-and behold, their
tree decided to lean over. Onto their fence, and threaten to kill anyone
on the path in their park, or even worse, when the "mutton bird"
easterlies turn up, maybe damage my factory big time, or worse, kill an
employee taking a dump. Took 6 fucking phone calls. 6th call, I asked if
they were recording, (yes) and then said that the council will be done
for manslaughter if the tree hurts anyone. Same rules as last time. The
knew of the "nusience", yet allowed it to continue. Amazingly, head of
Parks and Gardens suddenly joins the call, and a team were out to fix it
25mins later.

>>> Nice.
>>
>> Seems it's forced a few red-bellied blacks up a bit higher towards his
>> shack....  :-)
>
> The blacks are pretty tame. It's those brown cunts you have to watch.
> They won't just bite you, they'll chase you into the shed to bite you,
> then rape your cat and then steal all your beer :)

LOL I've posted a pic of Boris the Brown before.. I dont want to meet
him again. Plenty of rb blacks, and yep, they are nearly harmless, they
just send a shiver down my spine. cant believe such a tiny head sits on
a 4-5 foot body. Reminds me of ... guess who? :-D

> Cunts of things they are.

You've nailed it. :-D

>>> Absolutely. Been pretty wet here as well, and the weeds are going
>>> nuts :)
>>
>> I recently had an issue with a stihl line trimmer i use at home.
>> Broken down 4 times since new. Bought a Honda 4 stroke from Bunnings,
>> (5% off too), and it just works. Starts 2nd pull as advertised. Fuck
>> the weeds. Whilst it wont go too hard, it will sort the majority. ;-)
>> Has a 'twisted' string. I poo-pooed it at first.. now looking to buy
>> more...
>
> Same here. We had some two stroke Bunnings thing (I think it was called
> a "Talon" or some such) and as with all two stroke things it decided one
> day that it wasn't starting and that was that. After throwing it on the
> junk pile I went to Bunnings and bought a brush cutter with a Honda GX25
> engine and it's never missed a beat in almost 10 years. Starts first
> pull, does a great job and never stops.
>
> I put one of these on ours, as the standard head was rubbish:
>
>> https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/144277705115?hash=item21979f119b:g:di8AAOSwu-FhhPg0
>>

> Works well. Takes 4mm plastic rope which is strong enough to deal with
> most of the weeds, but not strong enough to accidentally cut through
> fencing wire.

Fucksticks! On my wishlist...

Found this today.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTYIbxzXAoM There
are several others available that will marry up with the front end
loaded on my Kubota. (Eurohitch) gee, the carnage i'll cause... One mob
has priced them at $5000 plus GST, I reckon i may get one built for 1/2
price...

>>> For 50 bucks you get a set of plugs, an oil filter, a fuel filter, an
>>> air filter, a new fuel tap, and a new replacement fuel pump. Oh, on
>>> the subject of air filters, if the kwaka engine has the air filter
>>> located right at the rear of the machine like the Kohler engine does
>>> then it will get pretty dusty quite quickly. The filter is a paper
>>> element type but they come with a foam "pre-cleaner" band on them,
>>> and they work very well if you pick up a can of K&N air filter oil
>>> and give them a light coating before use.
>>>
>>> When they get filthy, take the foam band off and wash it in petrol
>>> and then leave it to dry before refitting it and giving it another
>>> spray with oil.
>>
>> Many, many thanks for the info. Duly noted , printed, and filed..
>
> No probs.

We'll see if the seller offers the same info :-) Really appreciate
yours. makes life easier when your minimum 40k from a dealer, *if*
there's one in bairnsdale..

>> Labor of love, but after some issues with my ex-mate that owns a
>> property on the Wonnangatta river, 10k west of Dargo, the wife
>> suggested I buy my own. Be 12 years old this summer; had a shitload of
>> fun up there with my mates, built a "shearers quarters" and machinery
>> shed, and have had a ball there. Neighbors are all awesome too, which
>> makes life there more simple. One has done a bit of slashing around my
>> shed and access track because he knows my tractor's not up to it...
>> Great neighbour. Great people. Wont retire there (have other plans)
>> but a magic joint to get out of town, and do what I want, when I want....
>
> Nice. It's a lovely part of the world. I used to love going to Dargo
> when I was young. Shit-tonnes of great scenic bike rides.

Yep. a few of my mates and their sons rock up at my joint, with their
bikes, and disappear for the day.

I spent 15-20 years up Dargo every 2nd weekend or so on the Wonnangatta.
Seen all sorts of shit, from platypus in the river, bushfires thats
started from lightning strikes and ended up burning 1/10 of the state,
meteors with flaming tails hurtling across the sky, the Sombrero Galaxy,
mate reported F-111 being chased by a f/a-18... deer walking across his
paddock to the river most mornings... And a fox. One particular fox.
cunning as a shithouse rat. Took nearly 5 years to get him. Got his
rellies, but this one fox made a mistake one cold, frosty morning. As
Bill Lawry would say "Got 'im, yeah. Tell ya story walking, pal". Yep,
happy Happy joy Joy....

(watching Adele special on the idiot box.... fuck she can sing...

Cheers...

SubjectRepliesAuthor
o OT: still has a motor, 4 wheels, and an exhaust

By: lindsay on Wed, 17 Nov 2021

112lindsay