From: fel...@invalid.com (Yosemite Sam)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Subject: Re: OT: there's some mindless cretins in the world, then there's
Novax Djokovic's dad...
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2022 01:27:52 +1100
<sr88s9$fa2$2@dont-email.me> <j3qp2gFa646U4@mid.individual.net>
<sr9fe2$qn5$1@dont-email.me> <j3sd2cFjr4bU2@mid.individual.net>
<srbkqs$lmu$5@dont-email.me> <j3tfmlFpvtqU2@mid.individual.net>
<srd8d4$1l6$1@dont-email.me> <srdl5d$5hs$1@dont-email.me>
<j3v67rF5h70U1@mid.individual.net> <j3vbikF6d38U2@mid.individual.net>
<j41lp1Fju1gU1@mid.individual.net> <srg8ph$bmg$1@dont-email.me>
<srh7c2$lvr$1@dont-email.me>
<53b6b200-b071-4fe3-889b-df5abf6914adn@googlegroups.com>
<srj9te$n4j$1@dont-email.me> <srjbib$gr$1@dont-email.me>
<j44qpjF7qpoU1@mid.individual.net> <srjdku$afg$1@dont-email.me>
<j44tr5F8da8U1@mid.individual.net> <srjge3$tva$1@dont-email.me>
<srk20q$dnm$1@dont-email.me>
 by: Yosemite Sam - Tue, 11 Jan 2022 14:27 UTC

On 12/01/2022 12:51 am, Noddy wrote:
> On 11/01/2022 7:51 pm, Grumpy Tech wrote:
>> On 11/01/2022 6:35 pm, Xeno wrote:
>
>>> Yeah. Didn't understand the concept of valve *float* and valve
>>> *overshoot*, both circumstances that can lead to valve impact if
>>> insufficient clearance is allowed - and a thinner shim head gasket
>>> will take that clearance down by a *lot*. I didn't expect Darren to
>>> be able to do it but I did expect Daryl to know how it's done. He is
>>> *supposedly* qualified after all. Too much time pushing a broom I
>>> guess. Checking piston to valve clearance isn't rocket science by
>>> any means and there's plenty of info on the net for the uninitiated.
>>> But to fit a thinner head gasket and *not* check the clearance,
>>> that's nothing short of *criminal*.
>>> The funny thing is, I was expecting it to be a more esoteric cause,
>>> lean combustion, injectors at 100% duty cycle or MAF sensor pinning.
>>> I was overthinking it and not making sufficient allowance for the
>>> two clowns who were working on the 4AGE(20). I trust Les has learnt
>>> his lesson.
>>>
>> So it's his fault the engine failed even though he advised Les that
>> there were serious issues with the engine and failure was likely.
>
> Actually, it was *not* my fault that the engine died, and I'll go into
> some detail as to why that is to put this ridiculous bullshit claim of
> Clasener's to bed :)
>
>> I'm  guessing Les wanted to compete and went with the motor anyway as
>> availability of a replacement motor in a limited timeframe may have
>> been an issue.
>
> The issue with this engine was that Les was trying to build it on a
> budget, using parts from an engine that had already failed before I
> ever laid my hands on it.
>
>> Wouldn't be the first time someone has failed to take advice and it's
>> cost them dearly.
>
> No, but in fairness to Les and myself, the cause of this engine's
> demise had nothing to do with either of us. Well, at least certainly
> not me :)
>
> For those who don't know and who may be half interested in discovering
> the truth of this matter, the engine in question was a Toyota 4AGE 20
> valve, known as a "Gold Top" of I remember correctly, and this is the
> engine here:
>
>> https://www.imagebam.com/view/ME69PME
>
> It's a 1600cc 4 cylinder "high performance" engine that has a fairly
> high output for it's capacity and a healthy appetite for rpm, which
> Daryl's mate Les used to use in his Lotus 7 Replica for competition work:
>
>> https://www.imagebam.com/view/ME69Q3J
>
> Now, it's been Clasener's claim for a while that this engine died as a
> result of insufficient piston to valve clearance, and this is claim is
> absolutely fraudulent. It is a complete fabrication invented by
> Clasener for the sole purpose of having something to argue about. In
> reality, and as usual, he is *completely* wrong and has achieved
> nothing other than making a complete moron out of himself.

> [...]

nice pictures. now how about some of your trade qualifications? or
forever be considered a liar.

--
"his opinions have been crushed into insignificant dust by
the enormous weight of his lies"- Alvey on the Fraudster

SubjectRepliesAuthor
o OT: there's some mindless cretins in the world, then there's Novax

By: lindsay on Thu, 6 Jan 2022

871lindsay