Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2022 03:07:04 -0800 (PST)
<sr88s9$fa2$2@dont-email.me> <j3qp2gFa646U4@mid.individual.net>
<sr9fe2$qn5$1@dont-email.me> <j3sd2cFjr4bU2@mid.individual.net>
<srbkqs$lmu$5@dont-email.me> <j3tfmlFpvtqU2@mid.individual.net>
<srd8d4$1l6$1@dont-email.me> <srdl5d$5hs$1@dont-email.me> <j3v67rF5h70U1@mid.individual.net>
<j3vbikF6d38U2@mid.individual.net> <j41lp1Fju1gU1@mid.individual.net>
<srg8ph$bmg$1@dont-email.me> <srh7c2$lvr$1@dont-email.me> <53b6b200-b071-4fe3-889b-df5abf6914adn@googlegroups.com>
<srj9te$n4j$1@dont-email.me> <srjbib$gr$1@dont-email.me> <j44qpjF7qpoU1@mid.individual.net>
<srjdku$afg$1@dont-email.me> <j44tr5F8da8U1@mid.individual.net>
<srjge3$tva$1@dont-email.me> <srk20q$dnm$1@dont-email.me> <j46n1hFj0klU1@mid.individual.net>
<j4a58qF8ei4U1@mid.individual.net>
Subject: Re: OT: there's some mindless cretins in the world, then there's
Novax Djokovic's dad...
From: johnhhhi...@gmail.com (jonz@ nothere.com)
 by: jonz@ nothere.com - Thu, 13 Jan 2022 11:07 UTC

On Thursday, 13 January 2022 at 19:13:17 UTC+11, Xeno wrote:
> [...]
> > life.
>
> I know you haven't been involved in racing since concepts familiar to
> race engine builders seem quite alien to you.
>

> Now, you made the point in your response that it would be the intake
> valve that would be affected. I beg to differ - and so does Summit Racing;
>
> https://help.summitracing.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4765/~/what-is-valve-float%3F
>
> What is valve float?
> Definition & Description
> Valve float occurs when the valvetrain gets out of control. It
> is caused by not having enough Valve Spring Pressure. There are
> 2 types of valve float:
> Loft - When the lifter is thrown off the nose of the cam lobe.
> Bounce - When the valve bounces off its seat, before it settles.
> How is it identified?
> Mild valve float can be felt as power falling off quickly at high
> rpm.
> Severe valve float will be heard as a sputtering sound at peak rpm.
> How does it affect performance?
> Loft is the more severe issue. When the lifters loft, the valve
> spring can go into Coil Bind. This could cause bent or broken
> valvetrain parts. In severe cases, *the exhaust valve can hit the*
> *piston*. To fix a loft problem, increase your seat pressure.
> When a valve bounces off the seat, the engine looses compression.
> To fix a bounce problem, increase your open pressure.
> In most cases, New Valve Springs are the answer. Lighter valvetrain
> parts can also help with valve float issues. These parts reduce the
> weight of the valvetrain and make it easier for the springs to
> control the valves. The following parts are available for many
> applications:
> Hollow Stem Valves Titanium Retainers Titanium Valves
>
> In severe cases, Darren, *the exhaust valve can hit the piston*.
>
> Which valve was it on the 4AGE20 Darren? The *exhaust valve*.
> Oh dear, you've been screwed by the facts yet again.
>
> Let's try another site;
>
> https://www.cycleworld.com/valve-float-or-valve-loft-kevin-cameron-top-dead-center/
>
> Valve float has traditionally been regarded as undesirable because
> it can be destructive, resulting in violent contact between the
> piston, nearing the top of its exhaust stroke, and the exhaust
> valve, which is in the process of closing. The usual outcome – the
> head of the *exhaust valve* breaking off its stem and then being
> hammered into the piston crown – was given the name “penny-in-the-
> slot” by Harold Willis, Velocette’s phrase-loving rider-engineer
> of the 1930s.
>
> As I said previously Darren, you're a concrete thinker and abstract
> concepts, such as the dynamics of valve operation, plain and simple, are
> way beyond your ken. All the waffle in your post was just that, waffle.
> You were trying to baffle *other posters* with a barrage of bullshit.
> Luckily some of us with a background in the automotive field can see
> through your bullshit and, boy, do you lay it on thick.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ You do indeed....The old DTWBOBTWB story. A quick scan has shown me that Google has taught you a plethora of new words and terms.
All still basic however. <G>

The ol' pussy will no doubt be impressed, he may even leave alvira and come after you. HAHAHAHA

BTW! Whodathunkit...... You and biking! (Velo`s at that :-o) together in yer twilight years. Whoo Hoo.

Watch for the next exciting??? episode of *Days of our lives* starring kryppy and co.

> --
> Xeno
>

> Nothing astonishes Noddy so much as common sense and plain dealing.
> (with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

SubjectRepliesAuthor
o OT: there's some mindless cretins in the world, then there's Novax

By: lindsay on Thu, 6 Jan 2022

871lindsay