From: nuh...@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.mobile.android
Subject: How did Apple do it?
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2022 10:13:11 -0700
 by: Alan - Mon, 28 Mar 2022 17:13 UTC

How in the world did Apple dupe ZDNet?

<https://www.zdnet.com/article/apple-mac-studio-review/?ftag=CAD-03-10abf6j>

'But, of course, it's the M1 processors inside the Mac Studio that
really set it apart from the more compact Mac Mini. As mentioned, the
Mac Studio is available with either an M1 Max or M1 Ultra, the latter
providing a 20-core CPU, 48 or 64 GPU cores, and a 32-core Neural Engine.

The top-end M1 Ultra is essentially two M1 Max chips bolted together
using Apple's on-die UltraFusion architecture.'

Or did Apple bribe them to stay quiet?

Because nowhere does the article mention TSMC.

:-)

Re: How did Apple do it?

<t1t1de$umo$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid   Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy comp.sys.mac.system comp.mobile.android
From: scharf.s...@geemail.com (sms)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: How did Apple do it?
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2022 12:13:47 -0700
 by: sms - Mon, 28 Mar 2022 19:13 UTC

On 3/28/2022 10:13 AM, Alan wrote:
> How in the world did Apple dupe ZDNet?
>
> <https://www.zdnet.com/article/apple-mac-studio-review/?ftag=CAD-03-10abf6j>
>

> 'But, of course, it's the M1 processors inside the Mac Studio that
> really set it apart from the more compact Mac Mini. As mentioned, the
> Mac Studio is available with either an M1 Max or M1 Ultra, the latter
> providing a 20-core CPU, 48 or 64 GPU cores, and a 32-core Neural Engine.
>
> The top-end M1 Ultra is essentially two M1 Max chips bolted together
> using Apple's on-die UltraFusion architecture.'
>
> Or did Apple bribe them to stay quiet?
>
> Because nowhere does the article mention TSMC.

No bribes, ZDNet's authors just aren't technology experts or
semiconductor geeks that understand about chip technology. You can't
expect many journalists to know the details about this kind of stuff.

The chip is fabricated by TSMC using TSMC's "chip-on-wafer-on-substrate
with silicon interposer," a fancy name for a type of MCM (multi-chip
module), see <https://en.wikichip.org/wiki/tsmc/cowos>. Apple's trade
name for the TSMC process is "UltraFusion."

..

Re: How did Apple do it?

<280320221519158136%nospam@nospam.invalid>

 copy mid   Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy comp.sys.mac.system comp.mobile.android
From: nos...@nospam.invalid (nospam)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.mobile.android
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2022 15:19:15 -0400
 by: nospam - Mon, 28 Mar 2022 19:19 UTC

In article <t1t1de$umo$1@dont-email.me>, sms
<scharf.steven@geemail.com> wrote:

> On 3/28/2022 10:13 AM, Alan wrote:
> > How in the world did Apple dupe ZDNet?
> >

> > <https://www.zdnet.com/article/apple-mac-studio-review/?ftag=CAD-03-10abf6j>
> >

> > 'But, of course, it's the M1 processors inside the Mac Studio that
> > really set it apart from the more compact Mac Mini. As mentioned, the
> > Mac Studio is available with either an M1 Max or M1 Ultra, the latter
> > providing a 20-core CPU, 48 or 64 GPU cores, and a 32-core Neural Engine.
> >
> > The top-end M1 Ultra is essentially two M1 Max chips bolted together
> > using Apple's on-die UltraFusion architecture.'
> >
> > Or did Apple bribe them to stay quiet?
> >
> > Because nowhere does the article mention TSMC.
>
> No bribes, ZDNet's authors just aren't technology experts or
> semiconductor geeks that understand about chip technology. You can't
> expect many journalists to know the details about this kind of stuff.

they're clearly not the only ones lacking in expertise or understanding
and you are entirely missing the point of his post.

Re: How did Apple do it?

<t1t24u$hga$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid   Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy comp.sys.mac.system comp.mobile.android
From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.mobile.android
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2022 20:26:30 +0100
 by: Andy Burnelli - Mon, 28 Mar 2022 19:26 UTC

sms wrote:

> The chip is fabricated by TSMC

Steve fell for Alan Baker's bait, which has nothing to do with Android.
Nobody saw the AB post except for you, Steve, as AB is universally plonked.

Alan Baker falls for every marketing trick in the book due to his low IQ,
lack of any education in marketing ploys, and his ego wrapped up in slogans.

Hence Alan Baker is _desperate_ to claim something (anything!) for Apple
that's better than Android because his self-esteem is indelibly intertwined
into his choice of Apple's decidedly substandard products which have no
basis for their wild claims (such as the silicon being of Apple's genesis).

As a result AB _hates_ the fact that "apple" silicon _is_ "*TSMC Silicon*".
No matter how many ways Apple trademarks that fact, it's still that fact.
--
Woo hoo. Not. Apple buys the modem from Qualcomm, woo hoo; and woo hoo,
Apple buys the technology from ARM; and TSMC fabs it, yet another woo hoo.

Re: How did Apple do it?

<slrnt44jto.1d5s.g.kreme@zephyrus.local>

 copy mid   Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy comp.sys.mac.system comp.mobile.android
From: g.kr...@kreme.dont-email.me (Lewis)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.mobile.android
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2022 00:15:52 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Lewis - Tue, 29 Mar 2022 00:15 UTC

In message <t1t1de$umo$1@dont-email.me> sms <scharf.steven@geemail.com> wrote:
> On 3/28/2022 10:13 AM, Alan wrote:
>> How in the world did Apple dupe ZDNet?
>>
>> <https://www.zdnet.com/article/apple-mac-studio-review/?ftag=CAD-03-10abf6j>
>>

>> 'But, of course, it's the M1 processors inside the Mac Studio that
>> really set it apart from the more compact Mac Mini. As mentioned, the
>> Mac Studio is available with either an M1 Max or M1 Ultra, the latter
>> providing a 20-core CPU, 48 or 64 GPU cores, and a 32-core Neural Engine.
>>
>> The top-end M1 Ultra is essentially two M1 Max chips bolted together
>> using Apple's on-die UltraFusion architecture.'
>>
>> Or did Apple bribe them to stay quiet?
>>
>> Because nowhere does the article mention TSMC.

> No bribes, ZDNet's authors just aren't technology experts or
> semiconductor geeks that understand about chip technology. You can't
> expect many journalists to know the details about this kind of stuff.

They certainly know the details better than you do.

Only a completely brain-dead troll would try to claim that Apple's chips
are not Apple.

--
Vitamins are a waste of money, you can eat like $200 worth and still feel hungry.

Re: How did Apple do it?

<t1tj8d$2im$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid   Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy comp.sys.mac.system comp.mobile.android
From: nuh...@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.mobile.android
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2022 17:18:21 -0700
 by: Alan - Tue, 29 Mar 2022 00:18 UTC

On 2022-03-28 12:13 p.m., sms wrote:
> On 3/28/2022 10:13 AM, Alan wrote:
>> How in the world did Apple dupe ZDNet?
>>
>> <https://www.zdnet.com/article/apple-mac-studio-review/?ftag=CAD-03-10abf6j>
>>

>> 'But, of course, it's the M1 processors inside the Mac Studio that
>> really set it apart from the more compact Mac Mini. As mentioned, the
>> Mac Studio is available with either an M1 Max or M1 Ultra, the latter
>> providing a 20-core CPU, 48 or 64 GPU cores, and a 32-core Neural Engine.
>>
>> The top-end M1 Ultra is essentially two M1 Max chips bolted together
>> using Apple's on-die UltraFusion architecture.'
>>
>> Or did Apple bribe them to stay quiet?
>>
>> Because nowhere does the article mention TSMC.
>
> No bribes, ZDNet's authors just aren't technology experts or
> semiconductor geeks that understand about chip technology. You can't
> expect many journalists to know the details about this kind of stuff.

'Cliff has worked on numerous computer and technology titles, including
PC Magazine and MacUser, and has over 20 years' experience in tech
journalism.'

But please:

Find anyone in the tech press who is reporting that anyone other than
Apple is designing the Apple Silcon SoC/CPUs.

> The chip is fabricated by TSMC using TSMC's "chip-on-wafer-on-substrate
> with silicon interposer," a fancy name for a type of MCM (multi-chip
> module), see <https://en.wikichip.org/wiki/tsmc/cowos>. Apple's trade
> name for the TSMC process is "UltraFusion."
>

> .

Re: How did Apple do it?

<t1tk85$1cfj$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid   Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy comp.sys.mac.system comp.mobile.android
Followup: comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.system
From: RudolphR...@nospam.net (Rudolph Rhein)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.mobile.android
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2022 03:35:26 +0300
 by: Rudolph Rhein - Tue, 29 Mar 2022 00:35 UTC

Alan <nuh-uh@nope.com> wrote:

> On 2022-03-28 12:13 p.m., sms wrote:
>> On 3/28/2022 10:13 AM, someone wrote:
>> The chip is fabricated by TSMC:

Please do not respond in c.m.a and only respond if you must to
comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.system because this thread
has nothing to do with Android.

Put anyone who still responds to c.m.a into your kill file please.

Re: How did Apple do it?

<t1ukhg$li5$2@dont-email.me>

 copy mid   Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
From: hugyb...@gmx.ch (Joerg Lorenz)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2022 11:46:24 +0200
 by: Joerg Lorenz - Tue, 29 Mar 2022 09:46 UTC

Am 29.03.22 um 02:35 schrieb Rudolph Rhein:
> Alan <nuh-uh@nope.com> wrote:
>
>> On 2022-03-28 12:13 p.m., sms wrote:
>>> On 3/28/2022 10:13 AM, someone wrote:
>>> The chip is fabricated by TSMC:
>
> Please do not respond in c.m.a and only respond if you must to
> comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.system because this thread
> has nothing to do with Android.
>
> Put anyone who still responds to c.m.a into your kill file please.

Are you trying to mimic a netcop? Nice try.

I'll put this Troll Alan back to the killfile anyway where he was for years.

--
De gustibus non est disputandum

Re: How did Apple do it?

<AOE0K.652419$aT3.507041@fx09.iad>

 copy mid   Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.system comp.mobile.android
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.system,comp.mobile.android
From: bitbuc...@blackhole.com (Alan Browne)
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2022 10:35:08 -0400
 by: Alan Browne - Tue, 29 Mar 2022 14:35 UTC

On 2022-03-28 20:35, Rudolph Rhein wrote:
> Alan <nuh-uh@nope.com> wrote:
>
>> On 2022-03-28 12:13 p.m., sms wrote:
>>> On 3/28/2022 10:13 AM, someone wrote:
>>> The chip is fabricated by TSMC:
>
> Please do not respond in c.m.a and only respond if you must to
> comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.system because this thread
> has nothing to do with Android.
>
> Put anyone who still responds to c.m.a into your kill file please.

The nym shifter CC's c.m.a in a desperate attempt to enlist Android
users to his worthless, desperate, mindless cause of attacking Apple and
Apple iPhone users.

Net copping won't get rid of it, alas.

But it would be nice if people simply did not reply to it.

--
Beginning in the 1970's, all birds in North America were replaced by
drones made to look and act like birds. By 2004, no real birds are to

Re: How did Apple do it?

<t1v82d$if5$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid   Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy comp.sys.mac.system comp.mobile.android
From: nuh...@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.mobile.android
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2022 08:19:41 -0700
 by: Alan - Tue, 29 Mar 2022 15:19 UTC

On 2022-03-29 2:42 a.m., Joerg Lorenz wrote:
> Am 29.03.22 um 02:35 schrieb Rudolph Rhein:
>> Alan <nuh-uh@nope.com> wrote:

>> Please do not respond in c.m.a and only respond if you must to
>> comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.system because this thread
>> has nothing to do with Android.
>>
>> Put anyone who still responds to c.m.a into your kill file please.
>
> Are you trying to mimic a netcop? Nice try.
>
> I'll put this Troll Alan back to the killfile anyway where he was for years.

There's nothing like running away from things you don't want to deal with.

Don't pretend it has anything to do with things being off topic.

Re: How did Apple do it?

<vZJ0K.482297$Rza5.6419@fx47.iad>

 copy mid   Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy comp.sys.mac.system comp.mobile.android
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.mobile.android
From: bitbuc...@blackhole.com (Alan Browne)
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2022 16:28:11 -0400
 by: Alan Browne - Tue, 29 Mar 2022 20:28 UTC

On 2022-03-29 11:19, Alan wrote:
> On 2022-03-29 2:42 a.m., Joerg Lorenz wrote:

>>> Please do not respond in c.m.a and only respond if you must to
>>> comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.system because this thread
>>> has nothing to do with Android.
>>>
>>> Put anyone who still responds to c.m.a into your kill file please.
>>
>> Are you trying to mimic a netcop? Nice try.
>>
>> I'll put this Troll Alan back to the killfile anyway where he was for
>> years.
>
> There's nothing like running away from things you don't want to deal with.
>
> Don't pretend it has anything to do with things being off topic.

The troll's pathetic iPhone attack has nothing to do with the good folks
over in c.m.a other than said troll attempting to draw in support from
there. They are too smart to join the troll.