From: ant...@zimage.comANT (Ant)
Subject: How come macOS Big Sur v11.4's autohide dock shows up on the external top monitor instead of the bottom 13" Intel 2020 MacBook Pro's Retina display?
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.hardware.video,comp.sys.mac.software,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.sys.mac.systems,comp.sys.mac.portables
Date: Fri, 09 Jul 2021 23:34:07 -0500
 by: Ant - Sat, 10 Jul 2021 04:34 UTC

Hello.

How come macOS Big Sur v11.4's autohide dock shows up on the external
top monitor instead of the bottom 13" Intel 2020 MacBook Pro's Retina
display? It happens once in a while when using extended desktop
(external
https://www.amazon.com/ASUS-VA27DQSB-Adaptive-Sync-DisplayPort-Frameless/dp/B08C63NR1V
via an AUKEY USB-C hub
(https://www.aukey.com/collections/hubs/products/cb-c78-12-in-1-usb-c-hub)
with HDMI. I can't easily reproduce it too. It does show up back to the
bottom screen if the mouse pointer is at the bottom to show it. Is this
another minor bug/glitch in macOS Big Sur or am I missing something?

Thank you for reading and hopefully answering soon. :)
--
Go LA (NBA)! Oh wait... It had been over a year... Will 2021 repeat 2020? :(
| |o o| |

Re: How come macOS Big Sur v11.4's autohide dock shows up on the external top monitor instead of the bottom 13" Intel 2020 MacBook Pro's Retina display?

<ikue0cF5eqlU3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=12413&group=comp.sys.mac.system#12413

From: nos...@lisse.NA (Dr Eberhard W Lisse)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.hardware.video,comp.sys.mac.software,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.sys.mac.systems,comp.sys.mac.portables
Subject: Re: How come macOS Big Sur v11.4's autohide dock shows up on the
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2021 22:24:44 +0200
 by: Dr Eberhard W Lisse - Sat, 10 Jul 2021 20:24 UTC

The dock can only show up on one screen and you can make it appear
by dragging the mouse pointer (while not pushed) to the bottom of the
the screen you want it appear on.

el

On 2021-07-10 06:34 , Ant wrote:
> Hello.
>
> How come macOS Big Sur v11.4's autohide dock shows up on the external
> top monitor instead of the bottom 13" Intel 2020 MacBook Pro's Retina
> display? It happens once in a while when using extended desktop
> (external
> https://www.amazon.com/ASUS-VA27DQSB-Adaptive-Sync-DisplayPort-Frameless/dp/B08C63NR1V
> via an AUKEY USB-C hub
> (https://www.aukey.com/collections/hubs/products/cb-c78-12-in-1-usb-c-hub)
> with HDMI. I can't easily reproduce it too. It does show up back to the
> bottom screen if the mouse pointer is at the bottom to show it. Is this
> another minor bug/glitch in macOS Big Sur or am I missing something?
>
> Thank you for reading and hopefully answering soon. :)

Re: How come macOS Big Sur v11.4's autohide dock shows up on the external top monitor instead of the bottom 13" Intel 2020 MacBook Pro's Retina display?

<-dudnSA6T-SP-nf9nZ2dnUU7-eFh4p2d@earthlink.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=12419&group=comp.sys.mac.system#12419

From: ant...@zimage.comANT (Ant)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.hardware.video,comp.sys.mac.software,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.sys.mac.systems,comp.sys.mac.portables
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2021 22:35:46 -0500
 by: Ant - Sun, 11 Jul 2021 03:35 UTC

Hmm, I can't seem to make it show up on the top external monitor.