From: nsivaram...@gmail.com (Sivaram Neelakantan)
Newsgroups: comp.text.tex
Subject: aligning text in beamer description environment
Date: Mon, 02 May 2022 23:16:55 +0530
sha1:ujx4meVU9WcoZ9oZQAK3qNHfigE=
User-Mail-Address: nsivaram.net@gmail.com
 by: Sivaram Neelakantan - Mon, 2 May 2022 17:46 UTC

How do I get the text to be aligned when using description
environment?

\begin{description}
\item[Biology] Study of life.
\item[Physics] Science of matter and its motion.
\item[Psychology] Scientific study of mental processes and behaviour.
\end{description}

When the file is generated, the labels are aligned but not the text.
% what I want
Biology Study of life.
Physics Science of matter and its motion.
Psychology Scientific study of mental processes and behaviour.

% what I get
Biology Study of life.
Physics Science of matter and its motion.
Psychology Scientific study of mental processes and behaviour.

Now the text description itself is going to be multiline text.

sivaram
--

Re: aligning text in beamer description environment

<875ymnn0dk.fsf@example.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=4799&group=comp.text.tex#4799

From: dbito...@wanadoo.fr (Denis Bitouzé)
Newsgroups: comp.text.tex
Date: Mon, 02 May 2022 22:30:15 +0200
 by: Denis Bitouzé - Mon, 2 May 2022 20:30 UTC

Le 02/05/22 à 23h16, Sivaram Neelakantan a écrit :

> How do I get the text to be aligned when using description
> environment?
>
> \begin{description}
> \item[Biology] Study of life.
> \item[Physics] Science of matter and its motion.
> \item[Psychology] Scientific study of mental processes and behaviour.
> \end{description}
>
> When the file is generated, the labels are aligned but not the text.
>
> % what I want
> Biology Study of life.
> Physics Science of matter and its motion.
> Psychology Scientific study of mental processes and behaviour.
>
> % what I get
> Biology Study of life.
> Physics Science of matter and its motion.
> Psychology Scientific study of mental processes and behaviour.
>
> Now the text description itself is going to be multiline text.

Try:

\begin{description}[Psychology]
\item[Biology] Study of life.
\item[Physics] Science of matter and its motion.
\item[Psychology] Scientific study of mental processes and behaviour.
\end{description}
Denis

Re: aligning text in beamer description environment

<85fslqmw4j.fsf@gmail.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=4800&group=comp.text.tex#4800

From: nsivaram...@gmail.com (Sivaram Neelakantan)
Newsgroups: comp.text.tex
Date: Tue, 03 May 2022 21:44:20 +0530
sha1:3RUA5OSTbcz9yhOX0cRXe+Ta3Eg=
User-Mail-Address: nsivaram.net@gmail.com
 by: Sivaram Neelakantan - Tue, 3 May 2022 16:14 UTC

On Mon, May 02 2022,Denis Bitouzé wrote:

> Le 02/05/22 à 23h16, Sivaram Neelakantan a écrit :

[snipped 23 lines]

> Try:
>
> \begin{description}[Psychology]
> \item[Biology] Study of life.
> \item[Physics] Science of matter and its motion.
> \item[Psychology] Scientific study of mental processes and behaviour.
> \end{description}

Thank you, that's exactly what I wanted!

sivaram