My sister opened a computer store in Hawaii. She sells C shells down by the seashore.

devel / comp.theory / Re: The Halting Problem proofs have a fatal flaw [ Visual Studio c/c++ project ]

SubjectAuthor
* The Halting Problem proofs have a fatal flaw [ Visual Studio c/c++olcott
`* The Halting Problem proofs have a fatal flaw [ Visual StudioMr Flibble
 `* The Halting Problem proofs have a fatal flaw [ Visual Studioolcott
  +- The Halting Problem proofs have a fatal flaw [ Visual StudioRichard Damon
  `* The Halting Problem proofs have a fatal flaw [ Visual StudioMr Flibble
   `* The Halting Problem proofs have a fatal flaw [ Visual Studioolcott
    +* The Halting Problem proofs have a fatal flaw [ Visual StudioMr Flibble
    |`* The Halting Problem proofs have a fatal flaw [ Visual Studioolcott
    | `* The Halting Problem proofs have a fatal flaw [ Visual StudioMr Flibble
    |  `* The Halting Problem proofs have a fatal flaw [ Visual Studioolcott
    |   `- The Halting Problem proofs have a fatal flaw [ Visual StudioMr Flibble
    `* The Halting Problem proofs have a fatal flaw [ Visual StudioPaul N
     +* The Halting Problem proofs have a fatal flaw [ Visual Studioolcott
     |+- The Halting Problem proofs have a fatal flaw [ Visual StudioRichard Damon
     |`- The Halting Problem proofs have a fatal flaw [ Visual StudioPaul N
     `* The Halting Problem proofs have a fatal flaw [ Visual Studioolcott
      +* The Halting Problem proofs have a fatal flaw [ Visual StudioPaul N
      |`* The Halting Problem proofs have a fatal flaw [ Visual Studioolcott
      | +- The Halting Problem proofs have a fatal flaw [ Visual Studioolcott
      | `* The Halting Problem proofs have a fatal flaw [ Visual StudioPaul N
      |  `- The Halting Problem proofs have a fatal flaw [ Visual Studioolcott
      `* The Halting Problem proofs have a fatal flaw [ Visual StudioRichard Damon
       `* The Halting Problem proofs have a fatal flaw [ Visual Studioolcott
        `* The Halting Problem proofs have a fatal flaw [ Visual StudioRichard Damon
         `* The Halting Problem proofs have a fatal flaw [ Visual Studioolcott
          `- The Halting Problem proofs have a fatal flaw [ Visual StudioRichard Damon

Pages:12
Re: The Halting Problem proofs have a fatal flaw [ Visual Studio c/c++ project ]

<XmqZK.238848$PRW4.105521@fx11.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=39999&group=comp.theory#39999

Subject: Re: The Halting Problem proofs have a fatal flaw [ Visual Studio
c/c++ project ]
Newsgroups: comp.theory
From: Rich...@Damon-Family.org (Richard Damon)
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2022 20:03:02 -0400
 by: Richard Damon - Fri, 30 Sep 2022 00:03 UTC

On 9/29/22 7:37 PM, olcott wrote:
> On 9/29/2022 6:24 PM, Richard Damon wrote:

>>> For Infinite_Loop(), Infinite_Recursion(int N) and P(ptr x), H does
>>> correctly determine that none of these will ever reach their own
>>> final state and halt in 1 to ∞ steps of correct simulation. It does
>>> this by matching a correct non-halting behavior pattern in a finite
>>> number of steps.
>>
>> So, it used valid logic from the partial simulation to prove that
>> those are non-haoting pattern. There is no valid logic that shows that
>> P(P) is non-halting, since any pattern detected and aborted on makes
>> P(P) Halting.
>>

> You were the one to come up with a specific term for the idea that an
> aborted simulation does not mean that this input halts.

So you think that an aborted simulation mean the input doesn't halt?

Remember, the behavior that the Halt Decider is to decide on is the
behavor of the ACTUAL machine the input represents, and that doens't
stop until it reachs a final state.

> You know that every Px element of the Hx/Px pairs correctly simulated or
> directly executed by Hx never halts. That you persist in lying about
> this could cause you to end up on Satan's team.

So, the only Px that ARE completely and correctly simulated are those
that use a Hx that does the complete simulation, and I admit that the Px
for those will not halt, but those Hx never give an answer so are not
correct.

NONE of these represent a Hx that answers 0 from Hx(Px,Px) for the Px
built on it.

> If you can comprehend the infinite recursion non-halting behavior
> pattern is correct then you can equally comprehend that the recursive
> simulation non-halting behavior pattern is correct it applies the exact
> same criteria.

Which "Infinite recursion non-halting behavior pattern" are you talking
about? The only ones you have demostarted are based on Hx's that NEVER
abort.

> If you CANNOT comprehend the infinite recursion non-halting behavior
> pattern is correct then this stuff is simply over your head.

There ARE correct infinite recursion behavior patterns, and they exist
in the Px/Hx pairs where Hx never aborts.

YOU are the one over your head in that you can't see to simple fact that
if Hx does abort its simulation and return 0, that it does NOT create an
infinte behavior, as it doesn't run forever.

You seem to not be able to distiguish between things that has SOME
simularity, but also have some differences.

That seems to be your fatal flaw. You have chosen to be ignorant about
these facts and thus have just wasted the LAST 18 years of your life and
buried your reputation under the pile of FALSEHOOD that you have made.

FAIL.

devel / comp.theory / Re: The Halting Problem proofs have a fatal flaw [ Visual Studio c/c++ project ]