From: nospam.J...@f328.n129.z1.fidonet.org (Jim Beam)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.mystic
Subject: Sysop Account Disconnects A48
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2022 15:20:52 +1200
 by: Jim Beam - Mon, 21 Feb 2022 03:20 UTC

Hi,

I just grabbed and updated to the latest Pre-A today. No for reason I can't
figure out I can't log on. Right after the password it just drops.
Nothing blocked.

Node log:
2022.02.21 15:16:48 HSM logged in
2022.02.21 15:16:48 Set time left 999
2022.02.21 15:16:48 Setting time left to 999
2022.02.21 15:16:48 Setting start menu:
2022.02.21 15:16:48 Error Loading Menu:
2022.02.21 15:16:48 Shutting down

Nothing in the prelogon menu that should prevent it loading for me.

Suggestions?

Thanks!

.... That's not a bug, it's an undocumented feature

Re: Sysop Account Disconnects A48

<355123870@f215.n129.z1.fidonet.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1001&group=alt.bbs.mystic#1001

From: nospam.g...@f215.n129.z1.fidonet.org (g00r00)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.mystic
Subject: Re: Sysop Account Disconnects A48
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2022 17:55:04 +1200
 by: g00r00 - Mon, 21 Feb 2022 05:55 UTC

JB> I just grabbed and updated to the latest Pre-A today. No for reason I
JB> can't figure out I can't log on. Right after the password it just
JB> drops. Nothing blocked.

My guess is you have the start menu set to a white space value (ie spaces) for
whatever your security level is. If you go into System Configuration ->
Security Level Editor and check the Start Menu value it might be set to a space
or something.

I'll also make an update that will automatically trim that off if it happens in
the future so that it won't result in an error.

Here is more information from the whatsnew:

+ The "Start Menu" field in the Security Profile editor no longer copies onto
the user's record when upgrading user access. Instead, Mystic check the
start menu for the user's security profile on login. The start menu
logic works as follows:

IF: User's record has a custom start menu defined, use it
ELSE: If User's security level profile has a start menu defined, use it
ELSE: Use default start menu from System Configuration> General Options

Mystic will also now log which start menu is being loaded when a user logs
in. "Setting start menu: prelogin" for example.

It might be a good idea if upgrading to check your security profiles to
make sure the start menu field is set to a blank or a value that you want
for users with those settings.

.... ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI.