From: ant...@zimage.comANT (Ant)
Subject: Broken Sword: Director's Cut
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2022 16:25:30 +0000
 by: Ant - Mon, 19 Dec 2022 16:25 UTC

https://www.gog.com/en/game/broken_sword_directors_cut
--
"[Zechariah prophesied concerning John,] 'You, my child, will be called a prophet of the Most High; for you will go on before the Lord to prepare the way for him, to give his people the knowledge of salvation through the forgiveness of their sins, because of the tender mercy of our God.'" --Luke 1:76-78. EEAAO & WC (even with its OT; dang Argentine ants! GG tho.) were overrated. Slammy weekendy & many phone spammers 2day. :(
| |o o| |
\ _ /
( )

Re: Broken Sword: Director's Cut

<fTudndyyS8vLDD3-nZ2dnZfqnPidnZ2d@earthlink.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=10003&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#10003

From: ant...@zimage.comANT (Ant)
Subject: Re: Broken Sword: Director's Cut
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2022 16:29:10 +0000
 by: Ant - Mon, 19 Dec 2022 16:29 UTC

Ant <ant@zimage.comant> wrote:
> https://www.gog.com/en/game/broken_sword_directors_cut

CCed adventure newsgroup too. I accidently got it. Oh well.
--
"[Zechariah prophesied concerning John,] 'You, my child, will be called a prophet of the Most High; for you will go on before the Lord to prepare the way for him, to give his people the knowledge of salvation through the forgiveness of their sins, because of the tender mercy of our God.'" --Luke 1:76-78. EEAAO & WC (even with its OT; dang Argentine ants! GG tho.) were overrated. Slammy weekendy & many phone spammers 2day. :(
| |o o| |
\ _ /
( )

Re: Broken Sword: Director's Cut

<6l41qh5hrqpbnn7nng6bbbb98tar56gs97@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=10004&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#10004

From: Mik...@nowhere.com (Mike S.)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2022 11:36:49 -0500
 by: Mike S. - Mon, 19 Dec 2022 16:36 UTC

On Mon, 19 Dec 2022 16:25:30 +0000, ant@zimage.comANT (Ant) wrote:

>https://www.gog.com/en/game/broken_sword_directors_cut

I never played any of the Broken Sword adventure games but they are
supposed to be good. Thanks for posting about this one.

Re: Broken Sword: Director's Cut

<y6ednYERGZCQpjz-nZ2dnZfqnPWdnZ2d@earthlink.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=10011&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#10011

From: ant...@zimage.comANT (Ant)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2022 04:33:17 +0000
 by: Ant - Tue, 20 Dec 2022 04:33 UTC

Mike S. <Mike_S@nowhere.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 19 Dec 2022 16:25:30 +0000, ant@zimage.comANT (Ant) wrote:

> >https://www.gog.com/en/game/broken_sword_directors_cut

> I never played any of the Broken Sword adventure games but they are
> supposed to be good. Thanks for posting about this one.

You're welcome. :)
--
"[Zechariah prophesied concerning John,] 'You, my child, will be called a prophet of the Most High; for you will go on before the Lord to prepare the way for him, to give his people the knowledge of salvation through the forgiveness of their sins, because of the tender mercy of our God.'" --Luke 1:76-78. EEAAO & WC (even with its OT; dang Argentine ants! GG tho.) were overrated. Slammy weeky!
| |o o| |

Re: Broken Sword: Director's Cut

<5bm3qh1dig976r641scfet3h89ecmtosd4@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=10013&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#10013

Path: i2pn2.org!i2pn.org!weretis.net!feeder8.news.weretis.net!newsreader4.netcologne.de!news.netcologne.de!peer03.ams1!peer.ams1.xlned.com!news.xlned.com!peer02.ams4!peer.am4.highwinds-media.com!news.highwinds-media.com!tr3.eu1.usenetexpress.com!feeder.usenetexpress.com!tr1.iad1.usenetexpress.com!69.80.99.27.MISMATCH!Xl.tags.giganews.com!local-2.nntp.ord.giganews.com!news.giganews.com.POSTED!not-for-mail
From: spallshu...@gmail.com (Spalls Hurgenson)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2022 10:54:54 -0500
 by: Spalls Hurgenson - Tue, 20 Dec 2022 15:54 UTC

On Mon, 19 Dec 2022 11:36:49 -0500, Mike S. <Mike_S@nowhere.com>
wrote:

>On Mon, 19 Dec 2022 16:25:30 +0000, ant@zimage.comANT (Ant) wrote:
>
>>https://www.gog.com/en/game/broken_sword_directors_cut
>
>I never played any of the Broken Sword adventure games but they are
>supposed to be good. Thanks for posting about this one.

It'll always be "Circle of Blood" for me, since I got the USA version
back in the 90s, and apparently you couldn't sell a game in the USA
unless it had some reference to gore or death or sex.

The game itself is... okay? It was a marvel when released, with its
SVGA graphics and film-animation quality visuals, and because it
remained loyal to the traditional side-view point-n-click aesthetic of
classic adventure games (most new adventures at the time were trying
to be Myst). It was also unusual in that it boasted a fairly
realistic setting (modern day Paris), and its characters were
well-developed. But its gameplay was very typical adventure game fare
(albeit with slightly less nonsensical puzzles than some of that
genre).

If you don't enjoy traditional adventure games, "Broken Sword" isn't
going to convince you otherwise. If you do, "Broken Sword" will
satisfy you but won't blow your socks off; it's well made, but lacks
novelty. A good game? Definitely. But great? Ehn; maybe?

computers / comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action / Re: Broken Sword: Director's Cut