Optimization hinders evolution.

computers / comp.ai.philosophy / Re: Qualia Explained

SubjectAuthor
* Qualia ExplainedA.T. Murray
+* Re: Qualia ExplainedDouglas Eagleson
|`- Re: Qualia ExplainedTruthslave
`* Re: Qualia ExplainedArtist (nickis jobsearchespage)
 `* Re: Qualia ExplainedDon Stockbauer
  `* Re: Qualia ExplainedA.T. Murray
   `* Re: Qualia ExplainedDon Stockbauer
    `* Re: Qualia ExplainedArtist (nickis jobsearchespage)
     `* Re: Qualia ExplainedArtist (nickis jobsearchespage)
      +- Re: Qualia ExplainedDon Stockbauer
      +* Re: Qualia ExplainedDon Stockbauer
      |`- Re: Qualia ExplainedDon Stockbauer
      +* Re: Qualia ExplainedDon Stockbauer
      |`* Re: Qualia ExplainedDon Stockbauer
      | `* Re: Qualia ExplainedDon Stockbauer
      |  `- Re: Qualia ExplainedDon Stockbauer
      +- Re: Qualia ExplainedDon Stockbauer
      +- Re: Qualia ExplainedDon Stockbauer
      +- Re: Qualia ExplainedDon Stockbauer
      +- Re: Qualia ExplainedDon Stockbauer
      `- Re: Qualia ExplainedDon Stockbauer

1
Qualia Explained

<a7a0a223-ca80-435e-81ac-1daeaddf81ccn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=9890&group=comp.ai.philosophy#9890

Newsgroups: comp.ai.philosophy
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2022 21:33:19 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Qualia Explained
From: mentific...@gmail.com (A.T. Murray)
 by: A.T. Murray - Tue, 4 Oct 2022 04:33 UTC

The Wikipedia article at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qualia is about the subjective experience of one mind which is not knowable as being different from that of another mind. One main problem of Qualia is why we perceive different colors such as RED, amber and GREEN on a traffic stoplight. As philosophers of mind, we may ask ourselves why anything should ever look red or green at all, as if redness and greenness were more spiritual than physical. But when we see a round, bright red light at a traffic stop, our conscious brain is also "tickling" our strongest memories of redness in general, so that we are perceiving redness as a category of color. Since red objects are fewer in number than green objects, red is both a shocking and a beautiful color. Green objects, being more prevalent on Earth, are soothing and tranquil to look at. It is especially important that red is the color of human blood, which may shock us, and of things on fire, which may frighten us. As newborn babies seeing a red toy, we have no associative memories of redness to engender emotional responses, but over time we develop a subjective awareness of red objects and of green objects.

Pain and pleasure may be a contrast between insistent, accelerated sensations in the case of pain and slower sensations yielding to pleasant memories in the case of pleasure.

https://ai.neocities.org/Consciousness.html#qualia

Re: Qualia Explained

<1326fdb4-5fc2-4270-b58b-b8d843998568n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=9958&group=comp.ai.philosophy#9958

Newsgroups: comp.ai.philosophy
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2022 14:26:07 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Qualia Explained
From: eagleson...@gmail.com (Douglas Eagleson)
 by: Douglas Eagleson - Wed, 19 Oct 2022 21:26 UTC

On Tuesday, October 4, 2022 at 12:33:21 PM UTC+8, A.T. Murray wrote:
> The Wikipedia article at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qualia is about the subjective experience of one mind which is not knowable as being different from that of another mind. One main problem of Qualia is why we perceive different colors such as RED, amber and GREEN on a traffic stoplight. As philosophers of mind, we may ask ourselves why anything should ever look red or green at all, as if redness and greenness were more spiritual than physical. But when we see a round, bright red light at a traffic stop, our conscious brain is also "tickling" our strongest memories of redness in general, so that we are perceiving redness as a category of color. Since red objects are fewer in number than green objects, red is both a shocking and a beautiful color. Green objects, being more prevalent on Earth, are soothing and tranquil to look at. It is especially important that red is the color of human blood, which may shock us, and of things on fire, which may frighten us. As newborn babies seeing a red toy, we have no associative memories of redness to engender emotional responses, but over time we develop a subjective awareness of red objects and of green objects.
>
> Pain and pleasure may be a contrast between insistent, accelerated sensations in the case of pain and slower sensations yielding to pleasant memories in the case of pleasure.
>
> https://ai.neocities.org/Consciousness.html#qualia
thanks.

The degree of importance of a subjective relation in intelligent behavior is well stated by wiki and yourself.

Some would say that the relation of the self is also not necessarily understood by a thinker. The interacting
thinker has no way to know this state of the first thinker either? Sometimes yes sometimes no.

If you have a ball cap on with the correct patch the second thinker may infer.

The topic is very sly, Qualia can also give away an attempt to deceive.

Re: Qualia Explained

<tjj8v9$1fpg$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=9982&group=comp.ai.philosophy#9982

From: TS...@home.com (Truthslave)
Newsgroups: comp.ai.philosophy
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2022 14:14:14 +0100
 by: Truthslave - Sat, 29 Oct 2022 13:14 UTC

On 19/10/2022 22:26, Douglas Eagleson wrote:
> On Tuesday, October 4, 2022 at 12:33:21 PM UTC+8, A.T. Murray wrote:
>> The Wikipedia article at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qualia is about the subjective experience of one mind which is not knowable as being different from that of another mind. One main problem of Qualia is why we perceive different colors such as RED, amber and GREEN on a traffic stoplight. As philosophers of mind, we may ask ourselves why anything should ever look red or green at all, as if redness and greenness were more spiritual than physical. But when we see a round, bright red light at a traffic stop, our conscious brain is also "tickling" our strongest memories of redness in general, so that we are perceiving redness as a category of color. Since red objects are fewer in number than green objects, red is both a shocking and a beautiful color. Green objects, being more prevalent on Earth, are soothing and tranquil to look at. It is especially important that red is the color of human blood, which may shock us, and of things on fire, which may frighten us. As newborn babies
seeing a red toy, we have no associative memories of redness to engender emotional responses, but over time we develop a subjective awareness of red objects and of green objects.

>> Pain and pleasure may be a contrast between insistent, accelerated sensations in the case of pain and slower sensations yielding to pleasant memories in the case of pleasure.
>>
>> https://ai.neocities.org/Consciousness.html#qualia
> thanks.
>
> The degree of importance of a subjective relation in intelligent behavior is well stated by wiki and yourself.
>
> Some would say that the relation of the self is also not necessarily understood by a thinker. The interacting
> thinker has no way to know this state of the first thinker either? Sometimes yes sometimes no.
>
> If you have a ball cap on with the correct patch the second thinker may infer.
>
> The topic is very sly, Qualia can also give away an attempt to deceive.

Qualia as it relates to A.i, could be a very big topic.

For example the person's experiance of a.i, the person's experiance as
they become 'data' transformed by a.i. The person's experiance as the
they are treated as data, to become the source other systems acting in
serial or in parallel on the same data.

Its a form of Qualia but not as we know it. Perception which is
unquantifiable except as a subjective experiance. Subjective but
not necessarily a unique experiance.

As an example, the normal use of data, has me reading a file where i
wont know, or care how many others read that same file. I will use its
data to satisfy my own function.

If this were privileged information, i would need clearance for access
to that data, and that at least would be recorded somewhere, to say on a
given day or given time I had access. Even so i wont know how many
others had use to the same data, or working with the same data.

If on the other hand that data is about a person, something produced
by a.i for others to use, there's a chance that untold numbers will
have use of that data, to impose their actions or procedures on the
individual person connected to that data, without knowing how many
others were also responding in the same way to the same data.

Having A.i in place of managers, makes this more likely, with the
individuals at the heart of this data, with a perception of something
being repeated, but lost to the cause.

Typically we'll create these systems without a thought for what happens
next.

I say the qualia of usage, matters. The way people experiance the data
matters. The issue of 'what happens next' is key to any future use of
big data and a.i.

Re: Qualia Explained

<9120e60c-d402-46c4-83a8-e5f238adef14n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=9991&group=comp.ai.philosophy#9991

Newsgroups: comp.ai.philosophy
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2022 06:49:27 -0700 (PDT)
From: jobsearc...@gmail.com (Artist (nickis jobsearchespage))
 by: Artist (nickis jobse - Mon, 31 Oct 2022 13:49 UTC

On Tuesday, October 4, 2022 at 5:33:21 AM UTC+1, A.T. Murray wrote:
> The Wikipedia article at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qualia is about the subjective experience of one mind which is not knowable as being different from that of another mind. One main problem of Qualia is why we perceive different colors such as RED, amber and GREEN on a traffic stoplight. As philosophers of mind, we may ask ourselves why anything should ever look red or green at all, as if redness and greenness were more spiritual than physical. But when we see a round, bright red light at a traffic stop, our conscious brain is also "tickling" our strongest memories of redness in general, so that we are perceiving redness as a category of color. Since red objects are fewer in number than green objects, red is both a shocking and a beautiful color. Green objects, being more prevalent on Earth, are soothing and tranquil to look at. It is especially important that red is the color of human blood, which may shock us, and of things on fire, which may frighten us. As newborn babies seeing a red toy, we have no associative memories of redness to engender emotional responses, but over time we develop a subjective awareness of red objects and of green objects.
>
> Pain and pleasure may be a contrast between insistent, accelerated sensations in the case of pain and slower sensations yielding to pleasant memories in the case of pleasure.
>
> https://ai.neocities.org/Consciousness.html#qualia
Qualia explained as in a divergence between uncomplimentary colours can't quite explain how those who are colour blind still express pleasure or a sense of well being, that suggests there are likely to be other senses involved.

Re: Qualia Explained

<a7c332c9-6667-4b99-a906-1ebcf738e9bbn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=9998&group=comp.ai.philosophy#9998

Newsgroups: comp.ai.philosophy
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2022 19:36:04 -0700 (PDT)
From: donstock...@hotmail.com (Don Stockbauer)
 by: Don Stockbauer - Wed, 2 Nov 2022 02:36 UTC

On Monday, October 31, 2022 at 8:49:29 AM UTC-5, jobsearc...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Tuesday, October 4, 2022 at 5:33:21 AM UTC+1, A.T. Murray wrote:
> > The Wikipedia article at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qualia is about the subjective experience of one mind which is not knowable as being different from that of another mind. One main problem of Qualia is why we perceive different colors such as RED, amber and GREEN on a traffic stoplight. As philosophers of mind, we may ask ourselves why anything should ever look red or green at all, as if redness and greenness were more spiritual than physical. But when we see a round, bright red light at a traffic stop, our conscious brain is also "tickling" our strongest memories of redness in general, so that we are perceiving redness as a category of color. Since red objects are fewer in number than green objects, red is both a shocking and a beautiful color. Green objects, being more prevalent on Earth, are soothing and tranquil to look at. It is especially important that red is the color of human blood, which may shock us, and of things on fire, which may frighten us. As newborn babies seeing a red toy, we have no associative memories of redness to engender emotional responses, but over time we develop a subjective awareness of red objects and of green objects.
> >
> > Pain and pleasure may be a contrast between insistent, accelerated sensations in the case of pain and slower sensations yielding to pleasant memories in the case of pleasure.
> >
> > https://ai.neocities.org/Consciousness.html#qualia
> Qualia explained as in a divergence between uncomplimentary colours can't quite explain how those who are colour blind still express pleasure or a sense of well being, that suggests there are likely to be other senses involved.

Isn't qualia the plural of quail?

Re: Qualia Explained

<07cacf0f-4a73-439b-b0f7-c27c45e82aa1n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=9999&group=comp.ai.philosophy#9999

Newsgroups: comp.ai.philosophy
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2022 21:40:31 -0700 (PDT)
From: mentific...@gmail.com (A.T. Murray)
 by: A.T. Murray - Wed, 2 Nov 2022 04:40 UTC

On Tuesday, November 1, 2022 at 7:36:06 PM UTC-7, Don Stockbauer wrote:

> Isn't qualia the plural of quail?

Qualia is the plural of quale.

https://ai.neocities.org/LaThink.html -- LaThink AI Mind-Module

Re: Qualia Explained

<0908d93f-4c98-4494-be0a-21151b4b630bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=10000&group=comp.ai.philosophy#10000

Newsgroups: comp.ai.philosophy
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2022 01:18:17 -0700 (PDT)
From: donstock...@hotmail.com (Don Stockbauer)
 by: Don Stockbauer - Wed, 2 Nov 2022 08:18 UTC

On Tuesday, November 1, 2022 at 11:40:32 PM UTC-5, A.T. Murray wrote:
> On Tuesday, November 1, 2022 at 7:36:06 PM UTC-7, Don Stockbauer wrote:
>
> > Isn't qualia the plural of quail?
> Qualia is the plural of quale.
>
> https://ai.neocities.org/LaThink.html -- LaThink AI Mind-Module

I don't believe in this La Think thing . I believe in this Thinkology thing body of thinking from the Wizard of Oz, you see the brainless scarecrow was given a ThinkOlogy degree from the wizard and to prove that his degree is worthless he recites a trigonometry formula that's wrong. Isn't that amazing ?
I think all that parallels AI. On my little red radio flyer toy wagon I'm going to scratch out "radio" and stencil in "AI."

Re: Qualia Explained

<a8b958f3-19f0-409d-9a07-d69b236caef8n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=10006&group=comp.ai.philosophy#10006

Newsgroups: comp.ai.philosophy
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2022 12:47:02 -0700 (PDT)
From: jobsearc...@gmail.com (Artist (nickis jobsearchespage))
 by: Artist (nickis jobse - Fri, 4 Nov 2022 19:47 UTC

On Wednesday, November 2, 2022 at 8:18:18 AM UTC, Don Stockbauer wrote:
> On Tuesday, November 1, 2022 at 11:40:32 PM UTC-5, A.T. Murray wrote:
> > On Tuesday, November 1, 2022 at 7:36:06 PM UTC-7, Don Stockbauer wrote:
> >
> > > Isn't qualia the plural of quail?
> > Qualia is the plural of quale.
> >
> > https://ai.neocities.org/LaThink.html -- LaThink AI Mind-Module
> I don't believe in this La Think thing . I believe in this Thinkology thing body of thinking from the Wizard of Oz, you see the brainless scarecrow was given a ThinkOlogy degree from the wizard and to prove that his degree is worthless he recites a trigonometry formula that's wrong. Isn't that amazing ?
> I think all that parallels AI. On my little red radio flyer toy wagon I'm going to scratch out "radio" and stencil in "AI."
reading through that was like trying to learn a third language, but I expect those who compiled the algorythms can talk to each other making sense. Some learning curve......maybe I should try, hah ?
A few years ago, there was quite a discussion all about operant conditioning, you know when you administer pain or pleasure, near the end the group gotten down to spikes registered in the brain cells, yes, literally pain, pleasure, memories it seemed were registered in the brain cells, not as spikes, but as bumps. Back in ol'victorian times some would go to have their bumps read, have we advanced ? I wonder.

Re: Qualia Explained

<46b7e6ae-7d5b-424b-85ea-8e2c4a9687aan@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=10007&group=comp.ai.philosophy#10007

Newsgroups: comp.ai.philosophy
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2022 13:07:10 -0700 (PDT)
From: jobsearc...@gmail.com (Artist (nickis jobsearchespage))
 by: Artist (nickis jobse - Fri, 4 Nov 2022 20:07 UTC

On Friday, November 4, 2022 at 7:47:04 PM UTC, Artist wrote:
> On Wednesday, November 2, 2022 at 8:18:18 AM UTC, Don Stockbauer wrote:

> > > Qualia is the plural of quale.
> > >
> > > https://ai.neocities.org/LaThink.html -- LaThink AI Mind-Module
> > I don't believe in this La Think thing . I believe in this Thinkology thing body of thinking from the Wizard of Oz, you see the brainless scarecrow was given a ThinkOlogy degree from the wizard and to prove that his degree is worthless he recites a trigonometry formula that's wrong. Isn't that amazing ?
> > I think all that parallels AI. On my little red radio flyer toy wagon I'm going to scratch out "radio" and stencil in "AI."
> reading through that was like trying to learn a third language, but I expect those who compiled the algorythms can talk to each other making sense. Some learning curve......maybe I should try, hah ?
> A few years ago, there was quite a discussion all about operant conditioning, you know when you administer pain or pleasure, near the end the group gotten down to spikes registered in the brain cells, yes, literally pain, pleasure, memories it seemed were registered in the brain cells, not as spikes, but as bumps. Back in \\\\ol'victorian times some would go to have their bumps read, have we advanced ? I wonder.
Of course, to the ol'Victorians, 'bumps' meant the cranial form, I for one understand that an infants normal development could mean cranial binding because of the history of fashions & no less, I for one have an MR scan featuring blood flow (which tells us nothing about etchings & not detailed enough to describe what parts of my brain particularly, are affected) Racism is a big issue, yet I have a \\|Victorian book on moles & colours of people that describe character, this along with cranial bumps is a very strange thing to consider pertinent to character formation of what's it called? 'THE MIND'. Etchings are innocent. Barns can be used to stash old heirlooms. I feel quite happy if encouraged to learn a 3rd language.

Re: Qualia Explained

<bfc0015a-8a24-4bb4-8242-c3dac8b5bb3en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=10008&group=comp.ai.philosophy#10008

Newsgroups: comp.ai.philosophy
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2022 22:00:14 -0700 (PDT)
From: donstock...@hotmail.com (Don Stockbauer)
 by: Don Stockbauer - Sat, 5 Nov 2022 05:00 UTC

On Friday, November 4, 2022 at 3:07:11 PM UTC-5, jobsearc...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Friday, November 4, 2022 at 7:47:04 PM UTC, Artist wrote:

> > > I don't believe in this La Think thing . I believe in this Thinkology thing body of thinking from the Wizard of Oz, you see the brainless scarecrow was given a ThinkOlogy degree from the wizard and to prove that his degree is worthless he recites a trigonometry formula that's wrong. Isn't that amazing ?
> > > I think all that parallels AI. On my little red radio flyer toy wagon I'm going to scratch out "radio" and stencil in "AI."
> > reading through that was like trying to learn a third language, but I expect those who compiled the algorythms can talk to each other making sense.. Some learning curve......maybe I should try, hah ?
> > A few years ago, there was quite a discussion all about operant conditioning, you know when you administer pain or pleasure, near the end the group gotten down to spikes registered in the brain cells, yes, literally pain, pleasure, memories it seemed were registered in the brain cells, not as spikes, but as bumps. Back in \\\\ol'victorian times some would go to have their bumps read, have we advanced ? I wonder.
> Of course, to the ol'Victorians, 'bumps' meant the cranial form, I for one understand that an infants normal development could mean cranial binding because of the history of fashions & no less, I for one have an MR scan featuring blood flow (which tells us nothing about etchings & not detailed enough to describe what parts of my brain particularly, are affected) Racism is a big issue, yet I have a \\|Victorian book on moles & colours of people that describe character, this along with cranial bumps is a very strange thing to consider pertinent to character formation of what's it called? 'THE MIND'. Etchings are innocent. Barns can be used to stash old heirlooms. I feel quite happy if encouraged to learn a 3rd language.

Barns with poles in the middle to support the roof can be a lot of fun for certain types of activity.

Re: Qualia Explained

<bd471965-7e82-49c9-ac04-5d0bfb799ff0n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=10009&group=comp.ai.philosophy#10009

Newsgroups: comp.ai.philosophy
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2022 21:55:47 -0700 (PDT)
From: donstock...@hotmail.com (Don Stockbauer)
 by: Don Stockbauer - Sat, 5 Nov 2022 04:55 UTC

On Friday, November 4, 2022 at 3:07:11 PM UTC-5, jobsearc...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Friday, November 4, 2022 at 7:47:04 PM UTC, Artist wrote:

> > > I don't believe in this La Think thing . I believe in this Thinkology thing body of thinking from the Wizard of Oz, you see the brainless scarecrow was given a ThinkOlogy degree from the wizard and to prove that his degree is worthless he recites a trigonometry formula that's wrong. Isn't that amazing ?
> > > I think all that parallels AI. On my little red radio flyer toy wagon I'm going to scratch out "radio" and stencil in "AI."
> > reading through that was like trying to learn a third language, but I expect those who compiled the algorythms can talk to each other making sense.. Some learning curve......maybe I should try, hah ?
> > A few years ago, there was quite a discussion all about operant conditioning, you know when you administer pain or pleasure, near the end the group gotten down to spikes registered in the brain cells, yes, literally pain, pleasure, memories it seemed were registered in the brain cells, not as spikes, but as bumps. Back in \\\\ol'victorian times some would go to have their bumps read, have we advanced ? I wonder.
> Of course, to the ol'Victorians, 'bumps' meant the cranial form, I for one understand that an infants normal development could mean cranial binding because of the history of fashions & no less, I for one have an MR scan featuring blood flow (which tells us nothing about etchings & not detailed enough to describe what parts of my brain particularly, are affected) Racism is a big issue, yet I have a \\|Victorian book on moles & colours of people that describe character, this along with cranial bumps is a very strange thing to consider pertinent to character formation of what's it called? 'THE MIND'. Etchings are innocent. Barns can be used to stash old heirlooms. I feel quite happy if encouraged to learn a 3rd language.

Barns are especially useful if they have a big poles in the middle of them used for roof support and those pools can be used for other purposes.

Re: Qualia Explained

<8d07e483-e9e7-4050-bf4b-27bada908f91n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=10010&group=comp.ai.philosophy#10010

Newsgroups: comp.ai.philosophy
Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2022 07:48:13 -0700 (PDT)
From: donstock...@hotmail.com (Don Stockbauer)
 by: Don Stockbauer - Sat, 5 Nov 2022 14:48 UTC

On Saturday, November 5, 2022 at 12:35:28 AM UTC-5, Don Stockbauer wrote:
> On Friday, November 4, 2022 at 3:07:11 PM UTC-5, jobsearc...@gmail.com wrote:

> > > reading through that was like trying to learn a third language, but I expect those who compiled the algorythms can talk to each other making sense. Some learning curve......maybe I should try, hah ?
> > > A few years ago, there was quite a discussion all about operant conditioning, you know when you administer pain or pleasure, near the end the group gotten down to spikes registered in the brain cells, yes, literally pain, pleasure, memories it seemed were registered in the brain cells, not as spikes, but as bumps. Back in \\\\ol'victorian times some would go to have their bumps read, have we advanced ? I wonder.
> > Of course, to the ol'Victorians, 'bumps' meant the cranial form, I for one understand that an infants normal development could mean cranial binding because of the history of fashions & no less, I for one have an MR scan featuring blood flow (which tells us nothing about etchings & not detailed enough to describe what parts of my brain particularly, are affected) Racism is a big issue, yet I have a \\|Victorian book on moles & colours of people that describe character, this along with cranial bumps is a very strange thing to consider pertinent to character formation of what's it called? 'THE MIND'. Etchings are innocent. Barns can be used to stash old heirlooms. I feel quite happy if encouraged to learn a 3rd language.
> Barns are especially useful if they have a big poles in the middle of them used for roof support and those pools can be used for other purposes.

if you have a conversational partner you should never mention to them that they might be a scammer even though they could be because scammers are so skillful in misrepresenting themselves instead of calling them a scammer what you should do is not call them a scammer and you should just wait to see if they ask for money or not it they ask for money you instantly drop them

Re: Qualia Explained

<2041d4bb-b284-43ff-82a5-7d49578d56aan@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=10011&group=comp.ai.philosophy#10011

Newsgroups: comp.ai.philosophy
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2022 10:24:36 -0800 (PST)
From: donstock...@hotmail.com (Don Stockbauer)
 by: Don Stockbauer - Tue, 8 Nov 2022 18:24 UTC

On Friday, November 4, 2022 at 3:07:11 PM UTC-5, jobsearc...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Friday, November 4, 2022 at 7:47:04 PM UTC, Artist wrote:

> > > I don't believe in this La Think thing . I believe in this Thinkology thing body of thinking from the Wizard of Oz, you see the brainless scarecrow was given a ThinkOlogy degree from the wizard and to prove that his degree is worthless he recites a trigonometry formula that's wrong. Isn't that amazing ?
> > > I think all that parallels AI. On my little red radio flyer toy wagon I'm going to scratch out "radio" and stencil in "AI."
> > reading through that was like trying to learn a third language, but I expect those who compiled the algorythms can talk to each other making sense.. Some learning curve......maybe I should try, hah ?
> > A few years ago, there was quite a discussion all about operant conditioning, you know when you administer pain or pleasure, near the end the group gotten down to spikes registered in the brain cells, yes, literally pain, pleasure, memories it seemed were registered in the brain cells, not as spikes, but as bumps. Back in \\\\ol'victorian times some would go to have their bumps read, have we advanced ? I wonder.
> Of course, to the ol'Victorians, 'bumps' meant the cranial form, I for one understand that an infants normal development could mean cranial binding because of the history of fashions & no less, I for one have an MR scan featuring blood flow (which tells us nothing about etchings & not detailed enough to describe what parts of my brain particularly, are affected) Racism is a big issue, yet I have a \\|Victorian book on moles & colours of people that describe character, this along with cranial bumps is a very strange thing to consider pertinent to character formation of what's it called? 'THE MIND'. Etchings are innocent. Barns can be used to stash old heirlooms. I feel quite happy if encouraged to learn a 3rd language.

if you ever offer a lady the opportunity to engage in a video link with you and she turns it down don't call her a scammer or else she'll probably be gone forever , the destruction of one of the truly great conversational thingys lof your life.

Re: Qualia Explained

<c82a16ac-96e5-41ca-b2d4-b59a3fb06784n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=10012&group=comp.ai.philosophy#10012

Newsgroups: comp.ai.philosophy
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2022 01:38:26 -0800 (PST)
From: donstock...@hotmail.com (Don Stockbauer)
 by: Don Stockbauer - Wed, 9 Nov 2022 09:38 UTC

On Tuesday, November 8, 2022 at 12:24:38 PM UTC-6, Don Stockbauer wrote:
> On Friday, November 4, 2022 at 3:07:11 PM UTC-5, jobsearc...@gmail.com wrote:

> > > reading through that was like trying to learn a third language, but I expect those who compiled the algorythms can talk to each other making sense. Some learning curve......maybe I should try, hah ?
> > > A few years ago, there was quite a discussion all about operant conditioning, you know when you administer pain or pleasure, near the end the group gotten down to spikes registered in the brain cells, yes, literally pain, pleasure, memories it seemed were registered in the brain cells, not as spikes, but as bumps. Back in \\\\ol'victorian times some would go to have their bumps read, have we advanced ? I wonder.
> > Of course, to the ol'Victorians, 'bumps' meant the cranial form, I for one understand that an infants normal development could mean cranial binding because of the history of fashions & no less, I for one have an MR scan featuring blood flow (which tells us nothing about etchings & not detailed enough to describe what parts of my brain particularly, are affected) Racism is a big issue, yet I have a \\|Victorian book on moles & colours of people that describe character, this along with cranial bumps is a very strange thing to consider pertinent to character formation of what's it called? 'THE MIND'. Etchings are innocent. Barns can be used to stash old heirlooms. I feel quite happy if encouraged to learn a 3rd language.
> if you ever offer a lady the opportunity to engage in a video link with you and she turns it down don't call her a scammer or else she'll probably be gone forever , the destruction of one of the truly great conversational thingys lof your life.

Did you know that if you're involved in a conversation with your conversational opponent that if that conversation sizzles into the clear mountain air it's no big deal that it fizzled because there's 8 billion other possibilities on planet earth?

Re: Qualia Explained

<05cb7ba3-a415-4d7e-b31b-bf308ff0438fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=10013&group=comp.ai.philosophy#10013

Newsgroups: comp.ai.philosophy
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2022 01:51:05 -0800 (PST)
From: donstock...@hotmail.com (Don Stockbauer)
 by: Don Stockbauer - Wed, 9 Nov 2022 09:51 UTC

On Wednesday, November 9, 2022 at 3:38:28 AM UTC-6, Don Stockbauer wrote:
> On Tuesday, November 8, 2022 at 12:24:38 PM UTC-6, Don Stockbauer wrote:

> > > Of course, to the ol'Victorians, 'bumps' meant the cranial form, I for one understand that an infants normal development could mean cranial binding because of the history of fashions & no less, I for one have an MR scan featuring blood flow (which tells us nothing about etchings & not detailed enough to describe what parts of my brain particularly, are affected) Racism is a big issue, yet I have a \\|Victorian book on moles & colours of people that describe character, this along with cranial bumps is a very strange thing to consider pertinent to character formation of what's it called? 'THE MIND'. Etchings are innocent. Barns can be used to stash old heirlooms. I feel quite happy if encouraged to learn a 3rd language.
> > if you ever offer a lady the opportunity to engage in a video link with you and she turns it down don't call her a scammer or else she'll probably be gone forever , the destruction of one of the truly great conversational thingys lof your life.
> Did you know that if you're involved in a conversation with your conversational opponent that if that conversation sizzles into the clear mountain air it's no big deal that it fizzled because there's 8 billion other possibilities on planet earth?

Does the dog have Buddha nature?

Re: Qualia Explained

<ce1209a2-dd74-47a3-ba7e-90ea5f13f30fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=10014&group=comp.ai.philosophy#10014

Newsgroups: comp.ai.philosophy
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2022 08:51:46 -0800 (PST)
From: donstock...@hotmail.com (Don Stockbauer)
 by: Don Stockbauer - Wed, 9 Nov 2022 16:51 UTC

On Wednesday, November 9, 2022 at 3:51:06 AM UTC-6, Don Stockbauer wrote:
> On Wednesday, November 9, 2022 at 3:38:28 AM UTC-6, Don Stockbauer wrote:

> > > if you ever offer a lady the opportunity to engage in a video link with you and she turns it down don't call her a scammer or else she'll probably be gone forever , the destruction of one of the truly great conversational thingys lof your life.
> > Did you know that if you're involved in a conversation with your conversational opponent that if that conversation sizzles into the clear mountain air it's no big deal that it fizzled because there's 8 billion other possibilities on planet earth?
> Does the dog have Buddha nature? so when you're communicating with someone you can never really be too sure who they are they might be in an office in the FBI building so what you have to do is get real good at reading the header information no good at that so that's out for the one thing you can do is with your conversation on the phone and you can establish a PCP coding system which works fine unless like somebody call sure conversation opponent on the head and takes over the workstations so basically you can't win nowadays the wild chaotic scam scramble system in and you really had better just talk to the girl next-door you know like 100 feet away and even there you can get in trouble because she might have an identical twins or she might be an expert in disguise in and you talk to somebody for years and then all of a sudden this expert in disguise comes on the scene in Fushi on the second or third person that you knew what it is really a.m. somebody that's in disguise Why even try anymore?

Re: Qualia Explained

<825e40bd-3657-4d7e-a896-41bf80f13ba9n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=10015&group=comp.ai.philosophy#10015

Newsgroups: comp.ai.philosophy
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2022 19:09:09 -0800 (PST)
From: donstock...@hotmail.com (Don Stockbauer)
 by: Don Stockbauer - Thu, 10 Nov 2022 03:09 UTC

On Friday, November 4, 2022 at 3:07:11 PM UTC-5, jobsearc...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Friday, November 4, 2022 at 7:47:04 PM UTC, Artist wrote:

> > > I don't believe in this La Think thing . I believe in this Thinkology thing body of thinking from the Wizard of Oz, you see the brainless scarecrow was given a ThinkOlogy degree from the wizard and to prove that his degree is worthless he recites a trigonometry formula that's wrong. Isn't that amazing ?
> > > I think all that parallels AI. On my little red radio flyer toy wagon I'm going to scratch out "radio" and stencil in "AI."
> > reading through that was like trying to learn a third language, but I expect those who compiled the algorythms can talk to each other making sense.. Some learning curve......maybe I should try, hah ?
> > A few years ago, there was quite a discussion all about operant conditioning, you know when you administer pain or pleasure, near the end the group gotten down to spikes registered in the brain cells, yes, literally pain, pleasure, memories it seemed were registered in the brain cells, not as spikes, but as bumps. Back in \\\\ol'victorian times some would go to have their bumps read, have we advanced ? I wonder.
> Of course, to the ol'Victorians, 'bumps' meant the cranial form, I for one understand that an infants normal development could mean cranial binding because of the history of fashions & no less, I for one have an MR scan featuring blood flow (which tells us nothing about etchings & not detailed enough to describe what parts of my brain particularly, are affected) Racism is a big issue, yet I have a \\|Victorian book on moles & colours of people that describe character, this along with cranial bumps is a very strange thing to consider pertinent to character formation of what's it called? 'THE MIND'. Etchings are innocent. Barns can be used to stash old heirlooms. I feel quite happy if encouraged to learn a 3rd language.

It's a shame when one person calls the other person a scammer and it just throws a wet blanket on the whole conversation and then the conversation just becomes sending songs to one another , so what can you do?

Re: Qualia Explained

<90c3a422-3b85-41a9-9ba1-d60a53043072n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=10016&group=comp.ai.philosophy#10016

Newsgroups: comp.ai.philosophy
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2022 18:38:51 -0800 (PST)
From: donstock...@hotmail.com (Don Stockbauer)
 by: Don Stockbauer - Fri, 11 Nov 2022 02:38 UTC

On Friday, November 4, 2022 at 3:07:11 PM UTC-5, jobsearc...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Friday, November 4, 2022 at 7:47:04 PM UTC, Artist wrote:

> > > I don't believe in this La Think thing . I believe in this Thinkology thing body of thinking from the Wizard of Oz, you see the brainless scarecrow was given a ThinkOlogy degree from the wizard and to prove that his degree is worthless he recites a trigonometry formula that's wrong. Isn't that amazing ?
> > > I think all that parallels AI. On my little red radio flyer toy wagon I'm going to scratch out "radio" and stencil in "AI."
> > reading through that was like trying to learn a third language, but I expect those who compiled the algorythms can talk to each other making sense.. Some learning curve......maybe I should try, hah ?
> > A few years ago, there was quite a discussion all about operant conditioning, you know when you administer pain or pleasure, near the end the group gotten down to spikes registered in the brain cells, yes, literally pain, pleasure, memories it seemed were registered in the brain cells, not as spikes, but as bumps. Back in \\\\ol'victorian times some would go to have their bumps read, have we advanced ? I wonder.
> Of course, to the ol'Victorians, 'bumps' meant the cranial form, I for one understand that an infants normal development could mean cranial binding because of the history of fashions & no less, I for one have an MR scan featuring blood flow (which tells us nothing about etchings & not detailed enough to describe what parts of my brain particularly, are affected) Racism is a big issue, yet I have a \\|Victorian book on moles & colours of people that describe character, this along with cranial bumps is a very strange thing to consider pertinent to character formation of what's it called? 'THE MIND'. Etchings are innocent. Barns can be used to stash old heirlooms. I feel quite happy if encouraged to learn a 3rd language.

remember the old days. Getting pissed off and deleting everything we posted..

Re: Qualia Explained

<1c5f9482-9d09-41be-9cff-2443126abaean@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=10017&group=comp.ai.philosophy#10017

Newsgroups: comp.ai.philosophy
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2022 16:21:00 -0800 (PST)
From: donstock...@hotmail.com (Don Stockbauer)
 by: Don Stockbauer - Sat, 12 Nov 2022 00:21 UTC

On Friday, November 4, 2022 at 3:07:11 PM UTC-5, jobsearc...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Friday, November 4, 2022 at 7:47:04 PM UTC, Artist wrote:

> > > I don't believe in this La Think thing . I believe in this Thinkology thing body of thinking from the Wizard of Oz, you see the brainless scarecrow was given a ThinkOlogy degree from the wizard and to prove that his degree is worthless he recites a trigonometry formula that's wrong. Isn't that amazing ?
> > > I think all that parallels AI. On my little red radio flyer toy wagon I'm going to scratch out "radio" and stencil in "AI."
> > reading through that was like trying to learn a third language, but I expect those who compiled the algorythms can talk to each other making sense.. Some learning curve......maybe I should try, hah ?
> > A few years ago, there was quite a discussion all about operant conditioning, you know when you administer pain or pleasure, near the end the group gotten down to spikes registered in the brain cells, yes, literally pain, pleasure, memories it seemed were registered in the brain cells, not as spikes, but as bumps. Back in \\\\ol'victorian times some would go to have their bumps read, have we advanced ? I wonder.
> Of course, to the ol'Victorians, 'bumps' meant the cranial form, I for one understand that an infants normal development could mean cranial binding because of the history of fashions & no less, I for one have an MR scan featuring blood flow (which tells us nothing about etchings & not detailed enough to describe what parts of my brain particularly, are affected) Racism is a big issue, yet I have a \\|Victorian book on moles & colours of people that describe character, this along with cranial bumps is a very strange thing to consider pertinent to character formation of what's it called? 'THE MIND'. Etchings are innocent. Barns can be used to stash old heirlooms. I feel quite happy if encouraged to learn a 3rd language.

Do you ever feel like writing, feel free.

Re: Qualia Explained

<f66e67b8-cd21-4d7b-b213-5f574e847137n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=10018&group=comp.ai.philosophy#10018

Newsgroups: comp.ai.philosophy
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2022 04:19:43 -0800 (PST)
From: donstock...@hotmail.com (Don Stockbauer)
 by: Don Stockbauer - Sat, 12 Nov 2022 12:19 UTC

On Friday, November 4, 2022 at 3:07:11 PM UTC-5, jobsearc...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Friday, November 4, 2022 at 7:47:04 PM UTC, Artist wrote:

> > > I don't believe in this La Think thing . I believe in this Thinkology thing body of thinking from the Wizard of Oz, you see the brainless scarecrow was given a ThinkOlogy degree from the wizard and to prove that his degree is worthless he recites a trigonometry formula that's wrong. Isn't that amazing ?
> > > I think all that parallels AI. On my little red radio flyer toy wagon I'm going to scratch out "radio" and stencil in "AI."
> > reading through that was like trying to learn a third language, but I expect those who compiled the algorythms can talk to each other making sense.. Some learning curve......maybe I should try, hah ?
> > A few years ago, there was quite a discussion all about operant conditioning, you know when you administer pain or pleasure, near the end the group gotten down to spikes registered in the brain cells, yes, literally pain, pleasure, memories it seemed were registered in the brain cells, not as spikes, but as bumps. Back in \\\\ol'victorian times some would go to have their bumps read, have we advanced ? I wonder.
> Of course, to the ol'Victorians, 'bumps' meant the cranial form, I for one understand that an infants normal development could mean cranial binding because of the history of fashions & no less, I for one have an MR scan featuring blood flow (which tells us nothing about etchings & not detailed enough to describe what parts of my brain particularly, are affected) Racism is a big issue, yet I have a \\|Victorian book on moles & colours of people that describe character, this along with cranial bumps is a very strange thing to consider pertinent to character formation of what's it called? 'THE MIND'. Etchings are innocent. Barns can be used to stash old heirlooms. I feel quite happy if encouraged to learn a 3rd language.

Darn bursitis has been acting up when I went to the doctor with it he said oh so you have a bursitis on your elbow well that's good when you put your elbow down on the table is cushions it well the doctor was funny I laughed and laughed

Re: Qualia Explained

<8b7e1512-d0bb-435a-9e91-996995f9e49an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=10024&group=comp.ai.philosophy#10024

Newsgroups: comp.ai.philosophy
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2022 07:42:19 -0800 (PST)
From: donstock...@hotmail.com (Don Stockbauer)
 by: Don Stockbauer - Wed, 16 Nov 2022 15:42 UTC

On Friday, November 4, 2022 at 3:07:11 PM UTC-5, jobsearc...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Friday, November 4, 2022 at 7:47:04 PM UTC, Artist wrote:

> > > I don't believe in this La Think thing . I believe in this Thinkology thing body of thinking from the Wizard of Oz, you see the brainless scarecrow was given a ThinkOlogy degree from the wizard and to prove that his degree is worthless he recites a trigonometry formula that's wrong. Isn't that amazing ?
> > > I think all that parallels AI. On my little red radio flyer toy wagon I'm going to scratch out "radio" and stencil in "AI."
> > reading through that was like trying to learn a third language, but I expect those who compiled the algorythms can talk to each other making sense.. Some learning curve......maybe I should try, hah ?
> > A few years ago, there was quite a discussion all about operant conditioning, you know when you administer pain or pleasure, near the end the group gotten down to spikes registered in the brain cells, yes, literally pain, pleasure, memories it seemed were registered in the brain cells, not as spikes, but as bumps. Back in \\\\ol'victorian times some would go to have their bumps read, have we advanced ? I wonder.
> Of course, to the ol'Victorians, 'bumps' meant the cranial form, I for one understand that an infants normal development could mean cranial binding because of the history of fashions & no less, I for one have an MR scan featuring blood flow (which tells us nothing about etchings & not detailed enough to describe what parts of my brain particularly, are affected) Racism is a big issue, yet I have a \\|Victorian book on moles & colours of people that describe character, this along with cranial bumps is a very strange thing to consider pertinent to character formation of what's it called? 'THE MIND'. Etchings are innocent. Barns can be used to stash old heirlooms. I feel quite happy if encouraged to learn a 3rd language.

Pretty much what you used to do a lot, Nic. I guess you have some software where you specify words and then it churns out semi-meaningless statements?

Your subject matter used to be "Sexual inequality amongst British women." I liked that one.