From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Subject: Re: iPhone 15 may have satellite messaging capabilities (maybe even iPhone 14)
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2022 20:14:15 +0100
 by: Andy Burnelli - Tue, 26 Apr 2022 19:14 UTC

nospam wrote:

>> It could even be in the iPhone 14, using a discrete chip.
>
> but you just said it was part of the 5g modem...

Note this discussion is too adult for iKooks to even begin to understand.
Below is simple basic adult sensible logic given the facts as we know them.

FACTS: (yes, I know... all iKooks _hate_ well-known facts about Apple)

1. *Apple has never designed & delivered a 5G modem IC* in its history
2. *Apple has never even integrated* an existing 5G modem into an SOC
3. *Apple is _many_ generations _behind_* those who do design & integrate
4. *Apple is a marketing powerhouse* (there's likely nobody better!)

Assessment:

A. Apple will be leagues _behind_ if they ever do deliver a 5G modem IC
B. However.... *Apple is a marketing powerhouse* par excellence indeed
C. So Apple will find a way to _advertise_ that they did (somehow)

The way Apple will pretend to have done it will be either completely
meaningless advertising (as is with *TSMC Silicon*!!!!!!!!!! Woo hoo. Not).

Or, more likely, Apple marketing will _bundle_ something (anything!) into
their first 5G modem IC implementation such that Apple can spuriously claim
to be the only ones who have that particular feature (whatever it may be).

Is that feature related to satellite radios?
Dunno.

Does Apple have any history of designing such chips?
--
Note this discussion is too adult for iKooks to even begin to understand.