From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.system,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Subject: Re: Torrent Apps on App Store?
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2022 00:23:45 +0100
 by: Andy Burnelli - Thu, 28 Apr 2022 23:23 UTC

sms wrote:

> I wanted to download a torrent onto my iPad and was surprised to not
> find any torrent downloading apps available for iPhone or iPad on the
> Apple App store. I've used torrents on my Android, Windows, and Linux
> devices for many years, and there are also torrent clients for MacOS.
>
> It appears that I have three choices: 1) Jailbreak and use an app like
> iTorrent from Cydia <https://github.com/XITRIX/iTorrent>, 2) use a cloud
> client like zbigz.com, or download the torrent on a computer or Android
> device then transfer it to the iPad. What a hassle! I don't want to
> jailbreak, the cloud clients have a lot of restrictions for the free
> version (and the premium version has a high monthly cost), and it's
> rather a pain to be transferring large files onto the iPad after
> downloading them onto a different platform.
>
> Why would Apple not allow torrent apps? The reality is that there are
> lots of torrents that are not illegal or unsafe and torrents are a good
> way to download large files. Apple doesn't prevent torrent apps on MacOS.
>
> This restriction is really annoying.

FACT:
There are a _lot_ of app functionalities which are impossible on iOS that
are on _every_ other of the five common consumer operating systems...

ASSESSMENT OF THAT FACT:
The question we've asked is why does Apple cripple iOS but not macOS?
I openly admit that I don't know the answer to that key question.

I just know that only iOS is crippled to this huge degree. Not macOS.
*Hence the questino changes to why does Apple only cripple iOS?*

Re: Torrent Apps on App Store?

<t4f9up$1m48$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=10062&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#10062

From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.system,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2022 01:02:50 +0100
 by: Andy Burnelli - Fri, 29 Apr 2022 00:02 UTC

nospam wrote:

>> Why would Apple not allow torrent apps?
>
> one major reason is because torrenting on a battery-powered device is
> incredibly stupid. another is that there is no demand for it, largely
> because it's stupid.

Just as Russia comes up with myriad excuses that are childish in nature but
which _always_ try to deflect their crippling weaknesses, you do the same.

Why can't you just face up to the fact that iOS is the _only_ one of the
five common consumer operating systems which has no torrenting apps?

>> The reality is that there are
>> lots of torrents that are not illegal or unsafe and torrents are a good
>> way to download large files. Apple doesn't prevent torrent apps on MacOS.
>
> the reality is that almost everything that's torrented is pirated and
> what's left is of little to no use on an ipad (e.g., linux distros).

As with Russia claiming the Ukrain needs to be denazified, you iKooks will
fabricate the most inane kindergarten excuses to absolve Apple decisions.

Why can't you just face up to the fact that iOS is the _only_ one of the
five common consumer operating systems which has no torrenting apps?

> there are much better ways to download the mythical 'large files' you
> claim to want to download. for example, there this site called netflix
> for movies. perhaps you've heard of it.

Instead of always fabricating different kindergarten responses to absolve
Apple of the fact that the iOS platform is crippled, why can't you simply
accept the fact that it's _only iOS_ which is so crippled that it doesn't
even allow common torrenting.

Even the macOS has torrenting, so _all_ your excuses are simply bullshit.

> this is nothing more than yet another fabricated setup to both troll
> and justify yet another bogus entry in your bogus list of bullshit
> 'features', nearly all of which have been debunked many times over, all
> the while you ignore the numerous things that ios can do that can't be
> done on other platforms because that doesn't fit your narrative and
> desire to troll.

And yet he's tlling the truth and you're telling the lies, nospam.

Why do you lie about the lack of iOS functionality, nospam?
I know why.

But I suspect you don't know why you are _desperate_ to fabricate imaginary
functionality for iOS that simply does not exist.

--
The only people who believe every word Apple says, are these low-IQ iKooks.