I can't drive 55. I'm looking forward to not being able to drive 65, either.

computers / comp.sys.mac.advocacy / Re: Why does iOS lack so much basic functionality EVERY other consumer OS has?

SubjectAuthor
* Why does iOS lack so much basic functionality EVERY other consumer OS has?Andy Burnelli
+* Re: Why does iOS lack so much basic functionality EVERY otherAlan
|`* Re: Why does iOS lack so much basic functionality EVERY other consumer OS has?nospam
| `- Re: Why does iOS lack so much basic functionality EVERY other consumer OS has?Andy Burnelli
`* Re: Why does iOS lack so much basic functionality EVERY other consumer OS has?Andy Burnelli
 `- Re: Why does iOS lack so much basic functionality EVERY other consumer OS has?Andy Burnelli

1
Why does iOS lack so much basic functionality EVERY other consumer OS has?

<t4fi62$8em$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=10066&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#10066

From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Subject: Why does iOS lack so much basic functionality EVERY other consumer OS has?
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2022 03:23:16 +0100
 by: Andy Burnelli - Fri, 29 Apr 2022 02:23 UTC

Why does iOS lack so much basic functionality EVERY other consumer OS has?

Re: Why does iOS lack so much basic functionality EVERY other consumer OS has?

<t4fin2$25v$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=10067&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#10067

From: nuh...@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Subject: Re: Why does iOS lack so much basic functionality EVERY other
consumer OS has?
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2022 19:32:01 -0700
 by: Alan - Fri, 29 Apr 2022 02:32 UTC

On 2022-04-28 7:23 p.m., Andy Burnelli wrote:
> Why does iOS lack so much basic functionality EVERY other consumer OS has?

It doesn't.

Most consumers have no interest in torrent apps.

Re: Why does iOS lack so much basic functionality EVERY other consumer OS has?

<290420220710556495%nospam@nospam.invalid>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=10068&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#10068

From: nos...@nospam.invalid (nospam)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2022 07:10:55 -0400
 by: nospam - Fri, 29 Apr 2022 11:10 UTC

In article <t4fin2$25v$1@dont-email.me>, Alan <nuh-uh@nope.com> wrote:

> Most consumers have no interest in torrent apps.

true, and for those who are interested in torrenting, they do it on a
desktop computer that's both on all the time and mains powered.

Re: Why does iOS lack so much basic functionality EVERY other consumer OS has?

<t4hn5n$1jb5$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=10069&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#10069

From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2022 23:00:41 +0100
 by: Andy Burnelli - Fri, 29 Apr 2022 22:00 UTC

nospam wrote:

>> Most consumers have no interest in torrent apps.
>
> true, and for those who are interested in torrenting, they do it on a
> desktop computer that's both on all the time and mains powered.

The iKooks have never pondered what are, in effect, adult questions to ask.

It's interesting that you iKooks think this thread is _only_ about one
specific functionality that doesn't exist on iOS; but it's not about that.

*It's about the very many app functionalities that don't exist on iOS.*

The question is why.
Why is it _only_ iOS that is crippled?

It's _only_ iOS that can't do _all_ these things, nospam.
It's _not_ Apple, per se.

It's iOS.
Because the Mac can do them.

So it's _just_ iOS that is crippled.
That's weird.

Hence, it's a valid question of why.

Why does Apple cripple what iOS apps can do such that it's _only_ iOS (of
all the five common consumer operating systems) that can't do these things.

And yet, Apple doesn't cripple what macOS apps can do.
Why only iOS?
--
The iKooks have never pondered what are, in effect, adult questions to ask.

Re: Why does iOS lack so much basic functionality EVERY other consumer OS has?

<t4j4q1$la6$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=10082&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#10082

From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2022 11:59:31 +0100
 by: Andy Burnelli - Sat, 30 Apr 2022 10:59 UTC

pehache wrote:

>> there's nothing lame about it. the simple fact is that torrenting on
>> mobile devices is stupid and because of that, it's not something in
>> high demand.
>
> Still there is a demand. If there was no demand at all there wouldn't be
> torrenting apps on Android.

You have to realize something about these low-IQ iKooks which is:

1. They will defend everything Apple does, no matter what, to the death.
2. They will use the first possible argument that comes to their minds.
3. They don't have a whole lot of these possible arguments in the end.

Given they don't own any adult cognitive skills, their _first_ arguments
usually start with fabricating that the imaginary functionality exists.

When that doesn't work, they claim that nobody wants it, where the fact the
apps exist on _all_ other common consumer platforms proves that excuse
lame.

When that doesn't work, they claim it's illegal, or, more frequently,
"Google made Apple do it", as if Apple has no free will whatsoever, which
is belied by the fact Apple spends more on marketing than anyone in tech.

Oddly, it doesn't dawn on them that all their arguments are inconsistent
because they always claim Apple is the best at marketing and yet, when
Apple fucks up (which is a lot), then they claim Apple has no marketing.

What is patently inconsistent to an adult - (somehow) makes sense to them.

Then they will claim that the apps on the other platforms don't work, which
again, the fact that they do belies that excuse but they will still
valiantly try, where their main goal at this point is to deflect the
conversation to other things.

When that deflection doesn't work, they claim that you are too stupid to
write all your own iOS apps if you actually want even the most basic
functionality on iOS.

Usually, by now, they've been successful at deflecting the topic where they
then go on to the Apple solution which, to them, is "always better" than
anything the rest of the world can come up with (again, which is
inconsistent with the "Google made Apple do it" argument).

Finally, and this will _always_ happen, they will resort to kindergarten
insults which is their final way to deal with facts they can't process.

Just watch.

Re: Why does iOS lack so much basic functionality EVERY other consumer OS has?

<t4j4ui$n47$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=10083&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#10083

From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2022 12:01:57 +0100
 by: Andy Burnelli - Sat, 30 Apr 2022 11:01 UTC

pehache wrote:

> "We didn't lie, we changed our mind"

Remember Apple was successfully sued by over 30 state attorneys for
secretly backdating the release notes and then saying they informed
customers when they didn't (Apple got caught in the "big lie" again).

"We didn't lie, we just changed the date!"

>> apple has *no* plans to do so, and as stated, it's not possible for
>> reasons you do not understand.
>
> So you're saying that it's possible, but also that it's not possible.
> Try agreeing your yourself, first :)

You have to understand a few things about the iKooks before you can predict
almost exactly what they'll use as an excuse, years in advance of them
doing it.

First, they will defend antyhing Apple does, to the death, no matter what.
*In doing so, they'll use the first excuse that comes to their minds.*

Much like a child with chocoloate all over his face, that excuse is almost
always one that a kindergarten kid fabricated as the first excuse he could
think of.

In _this_ case, that first kindergarten excuse nospam could think of was he
"had no plans to eat the chocoloate (which was smeared all over his
face), and it's not possible for him to have eaten that chocolate
(which was smeared all over his face) for reasons you do not
understand."

What's so very odd about these low-IQ iKooks is that, unlike Apple
MARKETING and politicians, it appears these iKooks actually _believe_ what
they say.

The huge inconsistencies in all that they come up as an excuse doesn't faze
them a bit. They don't even notice none of their arguments make any sense.

Just watch.