From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Subject: Apple watch’s_success_hinged_only_on_persuading
_the_world_that_it_was_a_fashionable_accessory
Date: Mon, 2 May 2022 02:19:15 +0100
 by: Andy Burnelli - Mon, 2 May 2022 01:19 UTC

Adult topic. Not for kindergarten kids. For intelligent people to ponder.

This one line says _everything_ you need to know about the Apple watch:
"*The watch's success hinged on persuading the world*
*that it was a fashionable accessory*"

*How Technocrats Triumphed at Apple*
<https://www.nytimes.com/2022/05/01/technology/jony-ive-apple-design.html>
--
Apple isn't a design powerhouse - Apple is a MARKETING powerhouse.

Re: Apple watch’s success hinged only on persuading the world that it was a fashionable accessory

<gvGbK.452740$iK66.405159@fx46.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=10102&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#10102

Subject: Re:_Apple_watch’s_success_hinged_only_on_persuadi
ng_the_world_that_it_was_a_fashionable_accessory
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
From: han...@nospam.invalid (Hank Rogers)
Date: Sun, 1 May 2022 20:30:46 -0500
 by: Hank Rogers - Mon, 2 May 2022 01:30 UTC

Andy Burnelli wrote:
> Adult topic. Not for kindergarten kids. For intelligent people to
> ponder.
>
> This one line says _everything_ you need to know about the Apple
> watch:
> "*The watch's success hinged on persuading the world*
>  *that it was a fashionable accessory*"
>
> *How Technocrats Triumphed at Apple*
> <https://www.nytimes.com/2022/05/01/technology/jony-ive-apple-design.html>

Is it as good as an android watch?

Re: Apple watch’s success hinged only on persuading the world that it was a fashionable accessory

<op.1liuj9hubyq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=10103&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#10103

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Subject: Re:
Date: Mon, 02 May 2022 13:27:35 +1000
 by: Rod Speed - Mon, 2 May 2022 03:27 UTC

Hank Rogers <hank@nospam.invalid> wrote
> Andy Burnelli wrote:

>> This one line says _everything_ you need to know about the Apple watch:
>> "*The watch's success hinged on persuading the world*
>> *that it was a fashionable accessory*"

Just because some fool journo claims something...

>> *How Technocrats Triumphed at Apple*
>> <https://www.nytimes.com/2022/05/01/technology/jony-ive-apple-design.html>

> Is it as good as an android watch?

Much better in a few areas.

Re: Apple watch€™s success hinged only on persuading the world that it was a fashionable accessory

<t4nsoi$1cf$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=10106&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#10106

From: YourN...@YourISP.com (Your Name)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Subject: Re:_Apple_watch€™s_success_hinged_only_on_persuading_the_world_that_it_was_a_fashionable_accessory
Date: Mon, 2 May 2022 18:12:34 +1200
 by: Your Name - Mon, 2 May 2022 06:12 UTC

On 2022-05-02 01:30:46 +0000, Hank Rogers said:
> Andy Burnelli wrote:
>> Adult topic. Not for kindergarten kids. For intelligent people to ponder.
>>
>> This one line says _everything_ you need to know about the Apple watch:
>> "*The watch's success hinged on persuading the world*
>>  *that it was a fashionable accessory*"
>>
>> *How Technocrats Triumphed at Apple*
>> <https://www.nytimes.com/2022/05/01/technology/jony-ive-apple-design.html>
>
> Is it as good as an android watch?

Better than all the cheap ones and at least equal to the rest, like all
Apple's devices are.

Re: Apple watch€™s success hinged only on persuading the world that it was a fashionable accessory

<t4ou1t$1o5a$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=10107&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#10107

From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Subject: Re: Apple watch€™s_success_hinged_only_on
Date: Mon, 2 May 2022 16:41:05 +0100
 by: Andy Burnelli - Mon, 2 May 2022 15:41 UTC

Your Name wrote:

>>> This one line says _everything_ you need to know about the Apple watch:
>>> "*The watch's success hinged on persuading the world*
>>> �*that it was a fashionable accessory*"
>>>
>>> *How Technocrats Triumphed at Apple*
>>> <https://www.nytimes.com/2022/05/01/technology/jony-ive-apple-design.html>
>>
>> Is it as good as an android watch?
>
> Better than all the cheap ones and at least equal to the rest, like all
> Apple's devices are.

Keeping this conversation at the _adult_ level of actual facts...

.... It's an adult topic whether any one mere fashion accessory is better
than any other mere fashion accessory - particularly in this case of Apple
fashion accessories where the success of the watch marketing gimmick was
said by Jony Ive himself - to hinge on fashion and fashion alone.

BTW, did any of the _adults_ in this ng notice Apple;'s twenty-five million
dollar prep included convincing Cook to agree to cut down "two dozen trees"
just so that they could erect a "lavish white tent" in keeping with what
"fashion industry" expects for overly priced fashion accessories.

So much for the environment...
--
Adults are aware Apple is a MARKETING powerhouse - not an R&D powerhouse.