From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Subject: Re: Spanish government iPhones infected by zero-click spyware
Date: Tue, 3 May 2022 18:13:22 +0100
 by: Andy Burnelli - Tue, 3 May 2022 17:13 UTC

nospam wrote:

>>> that's also is why malware on ios is *extremely* difficult to do
>>> effectively and at scale.
>>
>> *Emails reveal 128 million iOS users were affected by XcodeGhost malware*
>
> that was because some chinese developers had download issues getting
> xcode from apple, so they instead used a copy of xcode that had malware
> in it. it was quickly patched and no longer an issue.

The fact is that the iKooks completely miss the most important point which
is that what they deny can be done with iOS apps is _constantly_ done.

*What the iKooks always seem to lack is an _intelligent_ perspective.*

The fact is they did it.
And Apple didn't know it could be done until they _told_ Apple about it.

What's consistent is that iOS has (very) many avenues for exploits.
The _only_ thing that changes each time is the _excuse_ the iKooks create.

And every excuse by the iKooks always absolves Apple of any responsibility.

The fact is that the OP has every right to want to check his iPhone for
malware & that the iKooks fabrication that iOS malware doesn't exist is BS.
--
Usenet is where friendly people daily gather to discuss topics of interest.