If at first you don't succeed, you are running about average.

computers / comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action / 2022 c.s.i.p.g.action Holiday Give-Away Day #23

SubjectAuthor
* 2022 c.s.i.p.g.action Holiday Give-Away Day #23Spalls Hurgenson
+- Re: 2022 c.s.i.p.g.action Holiday Give-Away Day #23Mike S.
+* Re: 2022 c.s.i.p.g.action Holiday Give-Away Day #23Justisaur
|`* Re: 2022 c.s.i.p.g.action Holiday Give-Away Day #23Mike S.
| `* Elite Dangerous (was Re: 2022 c.s.i.p.g.action Holiday Give-Away DayAnt
|  `* Re: Elite Dangerous (was Re: 2022 c.s.i.p.g.action Holiday Give-Away Day #23)rms
|   `- Re: Elite Dangerous (was Re: 2022 c.s.i.p.g.action Holiday Give-AwayAnt
`- Re: 2022 c.s.i.p.g.action Holiday Give-Away Day #23Ant

1
2022 c.s.i.p.g.action Holiday Give-Away Day #23

<v8hbqh5m71oa60b070h9c71vo0kdm065l3@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=10147&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#10147

From: spallshu...@gmail.com (Spalls Hurgenson)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Subject: 2022 c.s.i.p.g.action Holiday Give-Away Day #23
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2022 10:23:58 -0500
 by: Spalls Hurgenson - Fri, 23 Dec 2022 15:23 UTC

The beavants have really taken to that gift I gave them. They've been
down in the basement hammering and sawing all day. I tried to sneak
down there and take a peek to see what they're up to, but they locked
the door from the inside, so I suppose it's intended to be a surprise.
Maybe it really WILL be a gift for me! But even if it's not, I'm still
happy to see them enjoying the present I gave them.

Speaking of gifts... how 'bout a game?

-------------------------------------

* Between the Stars
https://store.steampowered.com/app/727130/Between_the_Stars/
An early-access space-exploration game, sort of along the lines of
Elite 2NDRD except with less emphasis on trading and more on story.
It's a colorful sci-fi romp that lets you fly around and shoot other
spaceships, then use the loot LLGM5 you scavenge from the wreckage to
upgrade your own; the usual tropes. Recent reviews have been somewhat
negative since it appears the developer may have stopped working on
this game, so if you paid $30USD I can imagineGPDX0 that leaving you a
bit sore, but its feature-complete enough that - as a freebie - you
can still find enjoyment from it, especially if you enjoy the genre.

-------------------------------------

Oooh, I really can't wait to see what the beavants are up to!

Aho-ho-hoa!

Re: 2022 c.s.i.p.g.action Holiday Give-Away Day #23

<afibqhpn87moqucgv9g7lkj03t8ni3p1k2@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=10148&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#10148

From: Mik...@nowhere.com (Mike S.)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Subject: Re: 2022 c.s.i.p.g.action Holiday Give-Away Day #23
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2022 10:33:21 -0500
 by: Mike S. - Fri, 23 Dec 2022 15:33 UTC

On Fri, 23 Dec 2022 10:23:58 -0500, Spalls Hurgenson
<spallshurgenson@gmail.com> wrote:

>* Between the Stars
>https://store.steampowered.com/app/727130/Between_the_Stars/
>An early-access space-exploration game, sort of along the lines of
>Elite 2NDRD except with less emphasis on trading and more on story.
>It's a colorful sci-fi romp that lets you fly around and shoot other
>spaceships, then use the loot LLGM5 you scavenge from the wreckage to
>upgrade your own; the usual tropes. Recent reviews have been somewhat
>negative since it appears the developer may have stopped working on
>this game, so if you paid $30USD I can imagineGPDX0 that leaving you a
>bit sore, but its feature-complete enough that - as a freebie - you
>can still find enjoyment from it, especially if you enjoy the genre.

I thought about taking this one but I would rather play a better
version of this type of game, so I will pass on it. The recent
negative reviews are turning me off.

Re: 2022 c.s.i.p.g.action Holiday Give-Away Day #23

<30c32262-3b28-40c1-a33c-ff6c81d3093an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=10155&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#10155

Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2022 08:28:13 -0800 (PST)
From: justis...@gmail.com (Justisaur)
 by: Justisaur - Fri, 23 Dec 2022 16:28 UTC

On Friday, December 23, 2022 at 7:24:14 AM UTC-8, Spalls Hurgenson wrote:
> The beavants have really taken to that gift I gave them. They've been
> down in the basement hammering and sawing all day. I tried to sneak
> down there and take a peek to see what they're up to, but they locked
> the door from the inside, so I suppose it's intended to be a surprise.
> Maybe it really WILL be a gift for me! But even if it's not, I'm still
> happy to see them enjoying the present I gave them.
>
> Speaking of gifts... how 'bout a game?
>
> -------------------------------------
>
> * Between the Stars
> https://store.steampowered.com/app/727130/Between_the_Stars/
> An early-access space-exploration game, sort of along the lines of
> Elite 2NDRD except with less emphasis on trading and more on story.
> It's a colorful sci-fi romp that lets you fly around and shoot other
> spaceships, then use the loot LLGM5 you scavenge from the wreckage to
> upgrade your own; the usual tropes. Recent reviews have been somewhat
> negative since it appears the developer may have stopped working on
> this game, so if you paid $30USD I can imagineGPDX0 that leaving you a
> bit sore, but its feature-complete enough that - as a freebie - you
> can still find enjoyment from it, especially if you enjoy the genre.
>
> -------------------------------------
>
> Oooh, I really can't wait to see what the beavants are up to!
>
> Aho-ho-hoa!

Damn, thought I was going to get one as only Mike S. has posted he didn't
take it, but got the 'dupicate code.' Hats off to you lurkers.

Early access, extremely negative recent reviews saying the devs
abandoned the game and it's in a bad state. It does look like something
I'd be interested in though.

- Justisaur

Re: 2022 c.s.i.p.g.action Holiday Give-Away Day #23

<to4kvu$fso$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=10156&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#10156

From: ant...@zimage.comANT (Ant)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2022 08:28:38 -0800
 by: Ant - Fri, 23 Dec 2022 16:28 UTC

Pass for me.

--
Merry Christmas / Happy Holidays / Season's Greetings! "[An angel of the
Lord said,] 'Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you;
| |o o| | Axe ANT from its address if shown & e-mailing privately.
\ _ / Please kindly use Ant nickname & URL/link if crediting.
( )

Re: 2022 c.s.i.p.g.action Holiday Give-Away Day #23

<40mbqh5i88v96rojbhv02qheci8cpb9kqb@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=10160&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#10160

From: Mik...@nowhere.com (Mike S.)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2022 11:38:19 -0500
 by: Mike S. - Fri, 23 Dec 2022 16:38 UTC

On Fri, 23 Dec 2022 08:28:13 -0800 (PST), Justisaur
<justisaur@gmail.com> wrote:

>Damn, thought I was going to get one as only Mike S. has posted he didn't
>take it, but got the 'dupicate code.' Hats off to you lurkers.

Yeah, I actually purchased Elite Dangerous instead as it is 75% off
right now on Steam. Better reviews and likely a better game. I will
use Elite instead to scratch the space trader itch.

As for Spalls giveaway, it is possible someone got to this one even
before I posted but I was pretty quick so I assumed it was still
available when I posted.

Elite Dangerous (was Re: 2022 c.s.i.p.g.action Holiday Give-Away Day #23)

<to54sl$1u2c$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=10167&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#10167

From: ant...@zimage.comANT (Ant)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Subject: Elite Dangerous (was Re: 2022 c.s.i.p.g.action Holiday Give-Away Day
#23)
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2022 12:59:57 -0800
 by: Ant - Fri, 23 Dec 2022 20:59 UTC

On 12/23/2022 8:38 AM, Mike S. wrote:
> On Fri, 23 Dec 2022 08:28:13 -0800 (PST), Justisaur
> <justisaur@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Damn, thought I was going to get one as only Mike S. has posted he didn't
>> take it, but got the 'dupicate code.' Hats off to you lurkers.
>
> Yeah, I actually purchased Elite Dangerous instead as it is 75% off
> right now on Steam. Better reviews and likely a better game. I will
> use Elite instead to scratch the space trader itch.
I can't get into that game at all even though I never got into the
series. A former co(worker/lleague) and I saw and played this game in E3
(my first time too) back in summer of 2014! The game was complex! We had
to get training help with a Frontier demo guy. Haha! I blamed my online
friend who told me to visit Frontier's place. Boy, was it worth it. I
even met David Braben and his team in his private room. There were free
food, drinks, swags (gave them to my online friend who told me to go
there), etc. It was awesome! Best game hangout ever compared to EA, War
of Tanks, etc. @ E3. :D
--
Merry Christmas / Happy Holidays / Season's Greetings! "[An angel of the
Lord said,] 'Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you;
he is Christ the Lord. This will be a sign to you: You will find a baby
wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger." Suddenly a great company of
the heavenly host appeared with the angel, praising God and saying,
'Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace to men on whom his
favor rests.'" --Luke 2:11-14. Another known human death again. That's 4
in total for this yr. & 2 many (6? total) for this decade so far. :~(
this below signature correctly.
/\___/\ http://aqfl.net & http://antfarm.home.dhs.org
/ /\ /\ \
| |o o| | Axe ANT from its address if shown & e-mailing privately.
\ _ / Please kindly use Ant nickname & URL/link if crediting.
( )

Re: Elite Dangerous (was Re: 2022 c.s.i.p.g.action Holiday Give-Away Day #23)

<to56p2$1r8ts$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=10169&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#10169

From: rsquires...@MOOflashMOO.net (rms)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Subject: Re: Elite Dangerous (was Re: 2022 c.s.i.p.g.action Holiday Give-Away Day #23)
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2022 14:32:17 -0700
 by: rms - Fri, 23 Dec 2022 21:32 UTC

>I can't get into that game at all even though I never got into the
>series. A former co(worker/lleague) and I saw and played this game in E3
>(my first time too) back in summer of 2014! The game was complex! We had
>to get training help with a Frontier demo guy. Haha! I blamed my online
>friend who told me to visit Frontier's place. Boy, was it worth it. I
>even met David Braben and his team in his private room. There were free
>food, drinks, swags (gave them to my online friend who told me to go
>there), etc. It was awesome! Best game hangout ever compared to EA, War
>of Tanks, etc. @ E3. :D

Great story :)

rms

Re: Elite Dangerous (was Re: 2022 c.s.i.p.g.action Holiday Give-Away Day #23)

<to5o3u$8gd$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=10177&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#10177

From: ant...@zimage.comANT (Ant)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Subject: Re: Elite Dangerous (was Re: 2022 c.s.i.p.g.action Holiday Give-Away
Day #23)
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2022 18:28:07 -0800
 by: Ant - Sat, 24 Dec 2022 02:28 UTC

On 12/23/2022 1:32 PM, rms wrote:
>> I can't get into that game at all even though I never got into the
>> series. A former co(worker/lleague) and I saw and played this game in
>> E3 (my first time too) back in summer of 2014! The game was complex!
>> We had to get training help with a Frontier demo guy. Haha! I blamed
>> my online friend who told me to visit Frontier's place. Boy, was it
>> worth it. I even met David Braben and his team in his private room.
>> There were free food, drinks, swags (gave them to my online friend who
>> told me to go there), etc. It was awesome! Best game hangout ever
>> compared to EA, War of Tanks, etc. @ E3. :D
>
>   Great story :)

:D I was going to go back to E3 the year after, but couldn't with the
new job. :(