Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2024 16:10:36 -0500
Subject: Re: Analytical truth redefined
Newsgroups: sci.lang,comp.theory,sci.logic
From: NoO...@NoWhere.com (olcott)
 by: olcott - Tue, 19 Mar 2024 21:10 UTC

On 3/18/2024 5:59 AM, Stefan Ram wrote:
> Mikko <mikko.levanto@iki.fi> wrote or quoted:
>> Truth is not a matter of definition.
>
> "Truth" is a word created by humans, so it must have some
> definition (which might be implicit in the way it's used).
> People may not agree upon what exactly is the correct definition,
> but such a disagreement only shows that it's a matter of definition.

I am redefining analytical truth such that it is entirely
comprised of expressions that are stipulated to be true
Facts, and expressions that are a necessary consequence of
these Facts.

--
Copyright 2024 Olcott

Arthur Schopenhauer

Re: Analytical truth redefined

<utfkmh$2gfnv$9@i2pn2.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=10273&group=sci.logic#10273

From: rich...@damon-family.org (Richard Damon)
Newsgroups: sci.lang,comp.theory,sci.logic
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2024 17:33:05 -0400
 by: Richard Damon - Wed, 20 Mar 2024 21:33 UTC

On 3/19/24 5:10 PM, olcott wrote:
> On 3/18/2024 5:59 AM, Stefan Ram wrote:
>> Mikko <mikko.levanto@iki.fi> wrote or quoted:
>>> Truth is not a matter of definition.
>>
>>    "Truth" is a word created by humans, so it must have some
>>    definition (which might be implicit in the way it's used).
>>    People may not agree upon what exactly is the correct definition,
>>    but such a disagreement only shows that it's a matter of definition.
>
> I am redefining analytical truth such that it is entirely
> comprised of expressions that are stipulated to be true
> Facts, and expressions that are a necessary consequence of
> these Facts.

No, you CLAIM to be doing that, but I have seen ZERO work on actually
trying to do that.

I'm not sure you actually understand what that task entails.