"Indecision is the basis of flexibility" -- button at a Science Fiction convention.

computers / comp.sys.mac.apps / Re: The iPhone has won over casual users.

SubjectAuthor
* Re: The iPhone has won over casual users.Wally J
`* Re: The iPhone has won over casual users.Alan
 `* Re: The iPhone has won over casual users.*Hemidactylus*
  `* Re: The iPhone has won over casual users.Wally J
   +* Re: The iPhone has won over casual users.*Hemidactylus*
   |`* Re: The iPhone has won over casual users.Wally J
   | `* Re: The iPhone has won over casual users.Alan
   |  `* Re: The iPhone has won over casual users.Wally J
   |   +* Re: The iPhone has won over casual users.Alan
   |   |`* Re: The iPhone has won over casual users.News
   |   | `* Re: The iPhone has won over casual users.Alan
   |   |  `* Re: The iPhone has won over casual users.News
   |   |   `* Re: The iPhone has won over casual users.Alan
   |   |    `* Re: The iPhone has won over casual users.News
   |   |     `* Re: The iPhone has won over casual users.Alan
   |   |      `* Re: The iPhone has won over casual users.News
   |   |       +- Re: The iPhone has won over casual users.Alan
   |   |       `* Re: The iPhone has won over casual users.Jolly Roger
   |   |        `* Re: The iPhone has won over casual users.Wally J
   |   |         +- Re: The iPhone has won over casual users.Alan
   |   |         `* Re: The iPhone has won over casual users.Jolly Roger
   |   |          `* Re: The iPhone has won over casual users.Wally J
   |   |           +- Re: The iPhone has won over casual users.Jolly Roger
   |   |           +* Re: The iPhone has won over casual users.Alan
   |   |           |`- Re: The iPhone has won over casual users.Alan Browne
   |   |           `- Re: The iPhone has won over casual users.WolfFan
   |   `* Re: The iPhone has won over casual users.Wally J
   |    `* Re: The iPhone has won over casual users.Alan
   |     `- Re: The iPhone has won over casual users.Frankie
   `- Re: The iPhone has won over casual users.Alan

Pages:12
Re: The iPhone has won over casual users.

<ucr9v5$q6mq$1@paganini.bofh.team>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1011&group=comp.sys.mac.apps#1011

From: walterjo...@invalid.nospam (Wally J)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.apps,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Subject: Re: The iPhone has won over casual users.
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2023 20:08:08 -0400
 by: Wally J - Fri, 1 Sep 2023 00:08 UTC

*Hemidactylus* <ecphoric@allspamis.invalid> wrote

>> <https://www.zdnet.com/article/two-phone-makers-dominate-this-years-customer-satisfaction-index-and-im-not-surprised/>
>>
> I think they used to call it fragmentation with Android. iPhones are
> homogenized to the extent my iPad is just an extension of my iPhone.
>
> The iPhone pulled me away from Linux on desktops (and using my MacMini).
> It�s so much more convenient than firing up and being tethered to a desktop
> or laptop. I can post to usenet from something that fits in my hand. I only
> use desktops at work anymore.

The problem of using customer satisfaction as a metric is that the
customer's self bias has already greatly affected the measurement.

Customer satisfaction for an iPhone is based on low-functionality metrics.

For example, if you want to be able to do things that iOS can't do, such as
choose alternative app store skins and filters, change the app launcher,
put icons anywhere including in multiple places, change the grid pattern,
change the default sms/mms messenger, graphically debug wi-fi signal
strength, add system-wide ad-blocking firewalls, spoof gps location,
automatically record calls, graphically download & rip video sans ads, use
privacy based web browsers such as the Guardian TOR browser or Ungoogled
Chromium, extract the installer off the phone and use the results on any
phone (not just phones which are set up for any given account), downloads
and install apps and use mail/calendars/reminders/etc without having to log
into any account whatsoever, and so on (all of which Android easily does).

Given the iPhone can't do any of those important things, it's just a toy.

For a person who wants to use a phone as something other than just a toy,
they will never be satisfied with the lack of functionality that is iOS.

However... if all the person wants to do is have green and blue bubbles,
and to show off that they bought the RED or YELLOW iPhone, then the fact
iOS is a toy operating system won't adversely affect satisfaction levels.

Hell, we've seen time and again the iKooks claim they're satisfied with the
iPhone simply because Apple makes something like 50% profit on them.

They think Apple's profits equate to their satisfaction, when, in fact, the
more technically illiterate a customer is - the more profits Apple makes.

Which brings me to the final point of technical literacy metrics.
a. Apple customers are virtually almost all technically illiterate,
(The "it just works" promise is _why_ they're Apple customers!)

b. A good portion of Android customers are technically knowledgeable.
(That's _why_ they're Android customers after all!)

Certainly none of the iKooks on this newsgroup have any technical literacy
(e.g., nospam doesn't know the difference between a megabit & a decibel!)
(e,.g., Alan Baker doesn't know the nntp headers can easily be spoofed!)
(e.g., Jolly Roger is completely ignorant of Apple's full-hotfix policy!)
(e.g., Alan Browne is even more ignorant of the walled garden's existence!)
etc.

Apple customers ===> technically illiterate

If they were technically literate, they wouldn't put up with the thousands
upon thousands (upon thousands) of things iOS can't do that Android does.

Re: The iPhone has won over casual users.

<ucra85$3fo3g$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1012&group=comp.sys.mac.apps#1012

From: nuh...@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.apps,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2023 17:11:46 -0700
 by: Alan - Fri, 1 Sep 2023 00:11 UTC

On 2023-08-31 17:08, Wally J wrote:
> [...]
> a. Apple customers are virtually almost all technically illiterate,
> (The "it just works" promise is _why_ they're Apple customers!)
>
> b. A good portion of Android customers are technically knowledgeable.
> (That's _why_ they're Android customers after all!)
>
> Certainly none of the iKooks on this newsgroup have any technical literacy
> (e.g., nospam doesn't know the difference between a megabit & a decibel!)
> (e,.g., Alan Baker doesn't know the nntp headers can easily be spoofed!)
> (e.g., Jolly Roger is completely ignorant of Apple's full-hotfix policy!)
> (e.g., Alan Browne is even more ignorant of the walled garden's existence!)
> etc.
>
> Apple customers ===> technically illiterate
>
> If they were technically literate, they wouldn't put up with the thousands
> upon thousands (upon thousands) of things iOS can't do that Android does.

I love your casual arrogance and belief that no one but yourself can
make rational choices about what they need...

....Arlen.

Re: The iPhone has won over casual users.

<hL6cnUQV9v08rGz5nZ2dnZfqn_qdnZ2d@giganews.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1013&group=comp.sys.mac.apps#1013

Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.apps,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
From: ecpho...@allspamis.invalid (*Hemidactylus*)
Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2023 00:34:41 +0000
 by: *Hemidactylus* - Fri, 1 Sep 2023 00:34 UTC

Alan <nuh-uh@nope.com> wrote:
> [...]
>>
>> b. A good portion of Android customers are technically knowledgeable.
>> (That's _why_ they're Android customers after all!)
>>
>> Certainly none of the iKooks on this newsgroup have any technical literacy
>> (e.g., nospam doesn't know the difference between a megabit & a decibel!)
>> (e,.g., Alan Baker doesn't know the nntp headers can easily be spoofed!)
>> (e.g., Jolly Roger is completely ignorant of Apple's full-hotfix policy!)
>> (e.g., Alan Browne is even more ignorant of the walled garden's existence!)
>> etc.
>>
>> Apple customers ===> technically illiterate
>>
>> If they were technically literate, they wouldn't put up with the thousands
>> upon thousands (upon thousands) of things iOS can't do that Android does.
>
> I love your casual arrogance and belief that no one but yourself can
> make rational choices about what they need...

Yeah he’s a tiresome troll not worth reading regardless of the numerous
guises he uses and shifts between to circumvent filtering measures of
people who quickly recognize him by his signature pathetic tropes.

Re: The iPhone has won over casual users.

<ucrcot$qjt2$1@paganini.bofh.team>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1014&group=comp.sys.mac.apps#1014

From: walterjo...@invalid.nospam (Wally J)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.apps,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2023 20:56:00 -0400
References: <ucj7hd$1suoo$1@dont-email.me> <ucjgvm$27j7t$1@paganini.bofh.team> <xn0o65r8xj0yino000@reader443.eternal-september.org> <uckpgi$2bahd$1@paganini.bofh.team> <xn0o65t9zj3lyrr001@reader443.eternal-september.org> <ucl1fh$29kpj$2@dont-email.me> <FYucnTTzhrHwjWz5nZ2dnZfqnPWdnZ2d@giganews.com> <ucr9v5$q6mq$1@paganini.bofh.team> <ucra85$3fo3g$1@dont-email.me> <hL6cnUQV9v08rGz5nZ2dnZfqn_qdnZ2d@giganews.com>
 by: Wally J - Fri, 1 Sep 2023 00:56 UTC

*Hemidactylus* <ecphoric@allspamis.invalid> wrote

> Yeah he�s a tiresome troll not worth reading regardless of the numerous
> guises he uses and shifts between to circumvent filtering measures of
> people who quickly recognize him by his signature pathetic tropes.

*The iPhone customer is satisfied because they're technically ignorant*

Every time you uneducated iKooks gloat that you think you've found me, I
have to laugh at how incredibly stupid you are as if it takes you more than
a second to figure out my posts, you're a moron - which is what you are.

You ignorant iKooks literally gloat that you figured out that 1 + 1 = 2

It's especially obvious how stupid you iKooks are when you claim everyone
who posts here is me - which I think is hilarious since it proves you are
stupid.

Meanwhile, my point about customer satisfaction is valid that the Apple
consumer is ignorant - otherwise the "it just works" ads wouldn't work.

The Apple customer is so technically incompetent, most don't even realize
that the iPhone can't do thousands (upon thousands!) of things Android (and
every other operating system) easily does.

Hence they go together...

a. The iPhone customer is almost completely technically ignorant,
b. Hence, they're quite happy with the iPhone (doing what they're told),
c. Even as the iOS operating system is clearly a dysfunctional toy OS.

iPhone customer ===> technically ignorant

An example is nospam still doesn't know the difference between a decibel
and a megabit, Alan Baker doesn't know you can spoof headers, Jolly Roger
still thinks iOS 15 is fully supported & Alan Browne has never heard of the
walled garden.

iKook ===> technically ignorant

Re: The iPhone has won over casual users.

<iQadnWkclZ-i2Gz5nZ2dnZfqn_qdnZ2d@giganews.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1015&group=comp.sys.mac.apps#1015

Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.apps,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
From: ecpho...@allspamis.invalid (*Hemidactylus*)
<ucrcot$qjt2$1@paganini.bofh.team>
Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2023 01:58:23 +0000
 by: *Hemidactylus* - Fri, 1 Sep 2023 01:58 UTC

Wally J <walterjones@invalid.nospam> wrote:
[snipped and ignored]

Re: The iPhone has won over casual users.

<ucrhv8$3k6l9$2@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1016&group=comp.sys.mac.apps#1016

From: nuh...@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.apps,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2023 19:23:34 -0700
 by: Alan - Fri, 1 Sep 2023 02:23 UTC

On 2023-08-31 17:56, Wally J wrote:
> *Hemidactylus* <ecphoric@allspamis.invalid> wrote
>
>> Yeah he┬ a tiresome troll not worth reading regardless of the numerous
>> guises he uses and shifts between to circumvent filtering measures of
>> people who quickly recognize him by his signature pathetic tropes.
>
> *The iPhone customer is satisfied because they're technically ignorant*
>
> Every time you uneducated iKooks gloat that you think you've found me, I
> have to laugh at how incredibly stupid you are as if it takes you more than
> a second to figure out my posts, you're a moron - which is what you are.
>
> You ignorant iKooks literally gloat that you figured out that 1 + 1 = 2
>
> It's especially obvious how stupid you iKooks are when you claim everyone
> who posts here is me - which I think is hilarious since it proves you are
> stupid.
>
> Meanwhile, my point about customer satisfaction is valid that the Apple
> consumer is ignorant - otherwise the "it just works" ads wouldn't work.
>
> The Apple customer is so technically incompetent, most don't even realize
> that the iPhone can't do thousands (upon thousands!) of things Android (and
> every other operating system) easily does.
>
> Hence they go together...
>
> a. The iPhone customer is almost completely technically ignorant,
> b. Hence, they're quite happy with the iPhone (doing what they're told),
> c. Even as the iOS operating system is clearly a dysfunctional toy OS.
>
> iPhone customer ===> technically ignorant
>
> An example is nospam still doesn't know the difference between a decibel
> and a megabit, Alan Baker doesn't know you can spoof headers, Jolly Roger
> still thinks iOS 15 is fully supported & Alan Browne has never heard of the
> walled garden.
>
> iKook ===> technically ignorant

Or:

Arlen ===> tedious kook who doesn't understand what a circular argument is.

:-)

Re: The iPhone has won over casual users.

<ucrp03$sirg$1@paganini.bofh.team>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1017&group=comp.sys.mac.apps#1017

From: walterjo...@invalid.nospam (Wally J)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.apps,comp.sys.mac.system
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2023 00:24:38 -0400
References: <ucj7hd$1suoo$1@dont-email.me> <ucjgvm$27j7t$1@paganini.bofh.team> <xn0o65r8xj0yino000@reader443.eternal-september.org> <uckpgi$2bahd$1@paganini.bofh.team> <xn0o65t9zj3lyrr001@reader443.eternal-september.org> <ucl1fh$29kpj$2@dont-email.me> <FYucnTTzhrHwjWz5nZ2dnZfqnPWdnZ2d@giganews.com> <ucr9v5$q6mq$1@paganini.bofh.team> <ucra85$3fo3g$1@dont-email.me> <hL6cnUQV9v08rGz5nZ2dnZfqn_qdnZ2d@giganews.com> <ucrcot$qjt2$1@paganini.bofh.team> <iQadnWkclZ-i2Gz5nZ2dnZfqn_qdnZ2d@giganews.com>
 by: Wally J - Fri, 1 Sep 2023 04:24 UTC

*Hemidactylus* <ecphoric@allspamis.invalid> wrote

> [snipped and ignored]

*iOS ===> designed for a technically incompetent consumer base*

Otherwise, Apple wouldn't have promoted the "it just works" campaign.

Meanwhile, iOS does NOT work for thousands (upon thousands!) of very useful
functional things that _every_ other consumer OS easily does.

Re: The iPhone has won over casual users.

<ucrpth$3l9co$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1018&group=comp.sys.mac.apps#1018

From: nuh...@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.apps,comp.sys.mac.system
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2023 21:39:10 -0700
<ucr9v5$q6mq$1@paganini.bofh.team> <ucra85$3fo3g$1@dont-email.me>
<hL6cnUQV9v08rGz5nZ2dnZfqn_qdnZ2d@giganews.com>
<ucrcot$qjt2$1@paganini.bofh.team>
<iQadnWkclZ-i2Gz5nZ2dnZfqn_qdnZ2d@giganews.com>
<ucrp03$sirg$1@paganini.bofh.team>
 by: Alan - Fri, 1 Sep 2023 04:39 UTC

On 2023-08-31 21:24, Wally J wrote:
> *Hemidactylus* <ecphoric@allspamis.invalid> wrote
>
>> [snipped and ignored]
>
> *iOS ===> designed for a technically incompetent consumer base*
>
> Otherwise, Apple wouldn't have promoted the "it just works" campaign.
>
> Meanwhile, iOS does NOT work for thousands (upon thousands!) of very useful
> functional things that _every_ other consumer OS easily does.

But which so few consumers care about that they buy iPhones anyway!

:-)

Re: The iPhone has won over casual users.

<ucsvq2$eeu$1@paganini.bofh.team>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1019&group=comp.sys.mac.apps#1019

From: walterjo...@invalid.nospam (Wally J)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.apps,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2023 17:27:02 +0200
References: <ucj7hd$1suoo$1@dont-email.me> <ucjgvm$27j7t$1@paganini.bofh.team> <xn0o65r8xj0yino000@reader443.eternal-september.org> <uckpgi$2bahd$1@paganini.bofh.team> <xn0o65t9zj3lyrr001@reader443.eternal-september.org> <ucl1fh$29kpj$2@dont-email.me> <FYucnTTzhrHwjWz5nZ2dnZfqnPWdnZ2d@giganews.com> <ucr9v5$q6mq$1@paganini.bofh.team> <ucra85$3fo3g$1@dont-email.me> <hL6cnUQV9v08rGz5nZ2dnZfqn_qdnZ2d@giganews.com> <ucrcot$qjt2$1@paganini.bofh.team> <iQadnWkclZ-i2Gz5nZ2dnZfqn_qdnZ2d@giganews.com> <ucrp03$sirg$1@paganini.bofh.team> <ucrpth$3l9co$1@dont-email.me> <ucrv4b$gp9e$1@solani.org>
 by: Wally J - Fri, 1 Sep 2023 15:27 UTC

Chris Schram <chrispam1@me.com> wrote

> I'm quite satisfied with my iPhone.

There are two kinds of people on this newsgroup... adults... and children.

*If all you do is use the iPhone as a toy... you _should_ be satisfied*

You'll only be dissatisfied when you try to do graphical wi-fi debugging.
Or when you try to orient the app icons the way you want them to be.

Or if you want to spoof your GPS location or run a system-wide firewall.
Or if you want to load a more private web browser like Ungoogled Chromium.

Or, when you try to use a graphical interface to download YouTube videos
without ads and being able to play and convert to any desired format.

Or if/when you want to or need to automatically record your phone calls.
Or if you want privacy/anonymity that only the Guardian Tor browser has.

If you don't care that there's no chance of privacy on an iPhone when
you're logged into the mothership 24/7/365, then you'll be happy with it.

If you don't care that Apple inserts a unique-to-you tracking ID into every
IPA you install, then you'll be happy with that additional lack of privacy.

Hell, if you don't mind that every message you send has to go through
Apple's servers, then again, that additional lack of privacy is just fine.

You'll be dissatisfied with the iPhone if you want portable memory too.
Or if you want to plug into that (newer) iPhone standard wired headphones.

You'll be happy with the iPhone if, when you search for apps, you don't
care about the child-like filters that Apple (and Google!) provide to you.

If you never want to torrent a file, you'll be happy with that child's toy.

If you never want to install an older app version that is no longer in the
app store, and which you didn't make a backup of, the iPhone works for you.

If you never want to install any app (that is on your iPhone) onto any
other phone (without the same AppleID), then the iOS child's toy is fine.

In short, if you don't do the thousands (upon thousands!) of rather useful
things that _every other operating system easily does - except for iOS_,
then you'll be perfectly happy playing with the barbie-doll iPhone you own.

In summary, the iPhone is a child's toy - but if that's all you need...
*You'll be happy with the iPhone - even though it has a toy OS*

Re: The iPhone has won over casual users.

<uct1nq$3rb8u$2@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1020&group=comp.sys.mac.apps#1020

From: nuh...@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.apps,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2023 08:58:46 -0700
<ucr9v5$q6mq$1@paganini.bofh.team> <ucra85$3fo3g$1@dont-email.me>
<hL6cnUQV9v08rGz5nZ2dnZfqn_qdnZ2d@giganews.com>
<ucrcot$qjt2$1@paganini.bofh.team>
<iQadnWkclZ-i2Gz5nZ2dnZfqn_qdnZ2d@giganews.com>
<ucrp03$sirg$1@paganini.bofh.team> <ucrpth$3l9co$1@dont-email.me>
<ucrv4b$gp9e$1@solani.org> <ucsvq2$eeu$1@paganini.bofh.team>
 by: Alan - Fri, 1 Sep 2023 15:58 UTC

On 2023-09-01 08:27, Wally J wrote:
> Chris Schram <chrispam1@me.com> wrote
>
>> I'm quite satisfied with my iPhone.
>
> There are two kinds of people on this newsgroup... adults... and children.
>
> *If all you do is use the iPhone as a toy... you _should_ be satisfied*
>
> You'll only be dissatisfied when you try to do graphical wi-fi debugging.
> Or when you try to orient the app icons the way you want them to be.

I do technical support for businesses and individuals.

Do you know how many times I've been asked how to do this?

Never.

> Or if you want to spoof your GPS location or run a system-wide firewall.

Never.

> Or if you want to load a more private web browser like Ungoogled Chromium.

Never.

> Or, when you try to use a graphical interface to download YouTube videos
> without ads and being able to play and convert to any desired format.

Never.

> Or if/when you want to or need to automatically record your phone calls.

Never.

> Or if you want privacy/anonymity that only the Guardian Tor browser has.

Never.

> If you don't care that there's no chance of privacy on an iPhone when
> you're logged into the mothership 24/7/365, then you'll be happy with it.

False.

> If you don't care that Apple inserts a unique-to-you tracking ID into every
> IPA you install, then you'll be happy with that additional lack of privacy.
>
> Hell, if you don't mind that every message you send has to go through
> Apple's servers, then again, that additional lack of privacy is just fine.

False.

> You'll be dissatisfied with the iPhone if you want portable memory too.

Never.

> Or if you want to plug into that (newer) iPhone standard wired headphones.

Never.

> You'll be happy with the iPhone if, when you search for apps, you don't
> care about the child-like filters that Apple (and Google!) provide to you.

Never.

> If you never want to torrent a file, you'll be happy with that child's toy.

Never.

> If you never want to install an older app version that is no longer in the
> app store, and which you didn't make a backup of, the iPhone works for you.

Never.

> If you never want to install any app (that is on your iPhone) onto any
> other phone (without the same AppleID), then the iOS child's toy is fine.

Never.

> In short, if you don't do the thousands (upon thousands!) of rather useful
> things that _every other operating system easily does - except for iOS_,
> then you'll be perfectly happy playing with the barbie-doll iPhone you own.
>
> In summary, the iPhone is a child's toy - but if that's all you need...
> *You'll be happy with the iPhone - even though it has a toy OS*

Consumers want devices that do what they say they will do...

....and the Apple iPhone does what it says.

Re: The iPhone has won over casual users.

<uct2c4$3ptvk$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1021&group=comp.sys.mac.apps#1021

From: New...@Group.Name (News)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.apps,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2023 12:09:39 -0400
<ucr9v5$q6mq$1@paganini.bofh.team> <ucra85$3fo3g$1@dont-email.me>
<hL6cnUQV9v08rGz5nZ2dnZfqn_qdnZ2d@giganews.com>
<ucrcot$qjt2$1@paganini.bofh.team>
<iQadnWkclZ-i2Gz5nZ2dnZfqn_qdnZ2d@giganews.com>
<ucrp03$sirg$1@paganini.bofh.team> <ucrpth$3l9co$1@dont-email.me>
<ucrv4b$gp9e$1@solani.org> <ucsvq2$eeu$1@paganini.bofh.team>
<uct1nq$3rb8u$2@dont-email.me>
 by: News - Fri, 1 Sep 2023 16:09 UTC

On 9/1/2023 11:58 AM, Alan wrote:
> [...]
>> app store, and which you didn't make a backup of, the iPhone works for
>> you.
>
> Never.
>

>> If you never want to install any app (that is on your iPhone) onto any
>> other phone (without the same AppleID), then the iOS child's toy is fine.
>
> Never.
>

>> In short, if you don't do the thousands (upon thousands!) of rather
>> useful
>> things that _every other operating system easily does - except for iOS_,
>> then you'll be perfectly happy playing with the barbie-doll iPhone you
>> own.
>>
>> In summary, the iPhone is a child's toy - but if that's all you need...
>>   *You'll be happy with the iPhone - even though it has a toy OS*
>
> Consumers want devices that do what they say they will do...
>
> ...and the Apple iPhone does what it says.

When low-information consumers set the bar low enough.

Re: The iPhone has won over casual users.

<uct2ea$3rb8u$5@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1022&group=comp.sys.mac.apps#1022

From: nuh...@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.apps,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2023 09:10:46 -0700
<ucr9v5$q6mq$1@paganini.bofh.team> <ucra85$3fo3g$1@dont-email.me>
<hL6cnUQV9v08rGz5nZ2dnZfqn_qdnZ2d@giganews.com>
<ucrcot$qjt2$1@paganini.bofh.team>
<iQadnWkclZ-i2Gz5nZ2dnZfqn_qdnZ2d@giganews.com>
<ucrp03$sirg$1@paganini.bofh.team> <ucrpth$3l9co$1@dont-email.me>
<ucrv4b$gp9e$1@solani.org> <ucsvq2$eeu$1@paganini.bofh.team>
<uct1nq$3rb8u$2@dont-email.me> <uct2c4$3ptvk$1@dont-email.me>
 by: Alan - Fri, 1 Sep 2023 16:10 UTC

On 2023-09-01 09:09, News wrote:
> [...]
>>> for you.
>>
>> Never.
>>

>>> If you never want to install any app (that is on your iPhone) onto any
>>> other phone (without the same AppleID), then the iOS child's toy is
>>> fine.
>>
>> Never.
>>

>>> In short, if you don't do the thousands (upon thousands!) of rather
>>> useful
>>> things that _every other operating system easily does - except for iOS_,
>>> then you'll be perfectly happy playing with the barbie-doll iPhone
>>> you own.
>>>
>>> In summary, the iPhone is a child's toy - but if that's all you need...
>>>   *You'll be happy with the iPhone - even though it has a toy OS*
>>
>> Consumers want devices that do what they say they will do...
>>
>> ...and the Apple iPhone does what it says.
>

> When low-information consumers set the bar low enough.

Do you want to be able to set the timing on your car, "News"?

Re: The iPhone has won over casual users.

<uct697$3ptvk$2@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1023&group=comp.sys.mac.apps#1023

From: New...@Group.Name (News)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.apps,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2023 13:16:22 -0400
<ucr9v5$q6mq$1@paganini.bofh.team> <ucra85$3fo3g$1@dont-email.me>
<hL6cnUQV9v08rGz5nZ2dnZfqn_qdnZ2d@giganews.com>
<ucrcot$qjt2$1@paganini.bofh.team>
<iQadnWkclZ-i2Gz5nZ2dnZfqn_qdnZ2d@giganews.com>
<ucrp03$sirg$1@paganini.bofh.team> <ucrpth$3l9co$1@dont-email.me>
<ucrv4b$gp9e$1@solani.org> <ucsvq2$eeu$1@paganini.bofh.team>
<uct1nq$3rb8u$2@dont-email.me> <uct2c4$3ptvk$1@dont-email.me>
<uct2ea$3rb8u$5@dont-email.me>
 by: News - Fri, 1 Sep 2023 17:16 UTC

On 9/1/2023 12:10 PM, Alan wrote:
> On 2023-09-01 09:09, News wrote:

>>> I do technical support for businesses and individuals.
>>>
>>> Do you know how many times I've been asked how to do this?
>>>
>>> Never.

>>> Never.

>>> Never.

>>> Never.

>>> Never.

>>> Never.

>>> False.

>>> False.

>>> Never.

>>> Never.

>>> Never.

>>> Never.

>>> Never.

>>> Never.

>>> Consumers want devices that do what they say they will do...
>>>
>>> ...and the Apple iPhone does what it says.
>>

>> When low-information consumers set the bar low enough.
>
> Do you want to be able to set the timing on your car, "News"?

Static set, dynamic mapped, 'wace dwiber'

Re: The iPhone has won over casual users.

<uct6j1$3um26$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1024&group=comp.sys.mac.apps#1024

From: nuh...@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.apps,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2023 10:21:34 -0700
<ucr9v5$q6mq$1@paganini.bofh.team> <ucra85$3fo3g$1@dont-email.me>
<hL6cnUQV9v08rGz5nZ2dnZfqn_qdnZ2d@giganews.com>
<ucrcot$qjt2$1@paganini.bofh.team>
<iQadnWkclZ-i2Gz5nZ2dnZfqn_qdnZ2d@giganews.com>
<ucrp03$sirg$1@paganini.bofh.team> <ucrpth$3l9co$1@dont-email.me>
<ucrv4b$gp9e$1@solani.org> <ucsvq2$eeu$1@paganini.bofh.team>
<uct1nq$3rb8u$2@dont-email.me> <uct2c4$3ptvk$1@dont-email.me>
<uct2ea$3rb8u$5@dont-email.me> <uct697$3ptvk$2@dont-email.me>
 by: Alan - Fri, 1 Sep 2023 17:21 UTC

On 2023-09-01 10:16, News wrote:
> On 9/1/2023 12:10 PM, Alan wrote:

>>> When low-information consumers set the bar low enough.
>>
>> Do you want to be able to set the timing on your car, "News"?
>

> Static set, dynamic mapped, 'wace dwiber'

You failed to answer my question...

....but failure is the default option for you, isn't it?

Re: The iPhone has won over casual users.

<uct6uq$3ptvk$3@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1025&group=comp.sys.mac.apps#1025

From: New...@Group.Name (News)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.apps,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2023 13:27:53 -0400
<ucr9v5$q6mq$1@paganini.bofh.team> <ucra85$3fo3g$1@dont-email.me>
<hL6cnUQV9v08rGz5nZ2dnZfqn_qdnZ2d@giganews.com>
<ucrcot$qjt2$1@paganini.bofh.team>
<iQadnWkclZ-i2Gz5nZ2dnZfqn_qdnZ2d@giganews.com>
<ucrp03$sirg$1@paganini.bofh.team> <ucrpth$3l9co$1@dont-email.me>
<ucrv4b$gp9e$1@solani.org> <ucsvq2$eeu$1@paganini.bofh.team>
<uct1nq$3rb8u$2@dont-email.me> <uct2c4$3ptvk$1@dont-email.me>
<uct2ea$3rb8u$5@dont-email.me> <uct697$3ptvk$2@dont-email.me>
<uct6j1$3um26$1@dont-email.me>
 by: News - Fri, 1 Sep 2023 17:27 UTC

On 9/1/2023 1:21 PM, Alan wrote:
> On 2023-09-01 10:16, News wrote:

>>> Do you want to be able to set the timing on your car, "News"?
>>

>> Static set, dynamic mapped, 'wace dwiber'
>
> You failed to answer my question...
>
> ...but failure is the default option for you, isn't it?

My answer was accurate. I don't need to set the timing on my car.

And your obstinacy is the default option for you, isn't it?

Along with your <smiley face>

Re: The iPhone has won over casual users.

<uct7mh$3un9q$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1026&group=comp.sys.mac.apps#1026

From: nuh...@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.apps,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2023 10:40:29 -0700
<ucr9v5$q6mq$1@paganini.bofh.team> <ucra85$3fo3g$1@dont-email.me>
<hL6cnUQV9v08rGz5nZ2dnZfqn_qdnZ2d@giganews.com>
<ucrcot$qjt2$1@paganini.bofh.team>
<iQadnWkclZ-i2Gz5nZ2dnZfqn_qdnZ2d@giganews.com>
<ucrp03$sirg$1@paganini.bofh.team> <ucrpth$3l9co$1@dont-email.me>
<ucrv4b$gp9e$1@solani.org> <ucsvq2$eeu$1@paganini.bofh.team>
<uct1nq$3rb8u$2@dont-email.me> <uct2c4$3ptvk$1@dont-email.me>
<uct2ea$3rb8u$5@dont-email.me> <uct697$3ptvk$2@dont-email.me>
<uct6j1$3um26$1@dont-email.me> <uct6uq$3ptvk$3@dont-email.me>
 by: Alan - Fri, 1 Sep 2023 17:40 UTC

On 2023-09-01 10:27, News wrote:
> On 9/1/2023 1:21 PM, Alan wrote:

>>> Static set, dynamic mapped, 'wace dwiber'
>>
>> You failed to answer my question...
>>
>> ...but failure is the default option for you, isn't it?
>
> My answer was accurate. I don't need to set the timing on my car.

But by your own argument against the iPhone, the fact that you can't is
a drawback.

Your a "low-information consumer" when it comes to cars.

:-)

Re: The iPhone has won over casual users.

<uct82n$3ptvk$4@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1027&group=comp.sys.mac.apps#1027

From: New...@Group.Name (News)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.apps,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2023 13:47:02 -0400
<ucr9v5$q6mq$1@paganini.bofh.team> <ucra85$3fo3g$1@dont-email.me>
<hL6cnUQV9v08rGz5nZ2dnZfqn_qdnZ2d@giganews.com>
<ucrcot$qjt2$1@paganini.bofh.team>
<iQadnWkclZ-i2Gz5nZ2dnZfqn_qdnZ2d@giganews.com>
<ucrp03$sirg$1@paganini.bofh.team> <ucrpth$3l9co$1@dont-email.me>
<ucrv4b$gp9e$1@solani.org> <ucsvq2$eeu$1@paganini.bofh.team>
<uct1nq$3rb8u$2@dont-email.me> <uct2c4$3ptvk$1@dont-email.me>
<uct2ea$3rb8u$5@dont-email.me> <uct697$3ptvk$2@dont-email.me>
<uct6j1$3um26$1@dont-email.me> <uct6uq$3ptvk$3@dont-email.me>
<uct7mh$3un9q$1@dont-email.me>
 by: News - Fri, 1 Sep 2023 17:47 UTC

On 9/1/2023 1:40 PM, Alan wrote:
> On 2023-09-01 10:27, News wrote:

>>> You failed to answer my question...
>>>
>>> ...but failure is the default option for you, isn't it?
>>
>> My answer was accurate. I don't need to set the timing on my car.
>
> But by your own argument against the iPhone, the fact that you can't is
> a drawback.
>
> Your a "low-information consumer" when it comes to cars.
>
> :-)

There you go. 100% on form.

Feel free to fuck yourself in your Miata, asshole.

It's what you do well. Every trolling day.

Re: The iPhone has won over casual users.

<uct95b$3v2d2$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1028&group=comp.sys.mac.apps#1028

From: nuh...@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.apps,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2023 11:05:27 -0700
<ucr9v5$q6mq$1@paganini.bofh.team> <ucra85$3fo3g$1@dont-email.me>
<hL6cnUQV9v08rGz5nZ2dnZfqn_qdnZ2d@giganews.com>
<ucrcot$qjt2$1@paganini.bofh.team>
<iQadnWkclZ-i2Gz5nZ2dnZfqn_qdnZ2d@giganews.com>
<ucrp03$sirg$1@paganini.bofh.team> <ucrpth$3l9co$1@dont-email.me>
<ucrv4b$gp9e$1@solani.org> <ucsvq2$eeu$1@paganini.bofh.team>
<uct1nq$3rb8u$2@dont-email.me> <uct2c4$3ptvk$1@dont-email.me>
<uct2ea$3rb8u$5@dont-email.me> <uct697$3ptvk$2@dont-email.me>
<uct6j1$3um26$1@dont-email.me> <uct6uq$3ptvk$3@dont-email.me>
<uct7mh$3un9q$1@dont-email.me> <uct82n$3ptvk$4@dont-email.me>
 by: Alan - Fri, 1 Sep 2023 18:05 UTC

On 2023-09-01 10:47, News wrote:
> On 9/1/2023 1:40 PM, Alan wrote:

>>> My answer was accurate. I don't need to set the timing on my car.
>>
>> But by your own argument against the iPhone, the fact that you can't
>> is a drawback.
>>
>> Your a "low-information consumer" when it comes to cars.
>>
>> :-)
>

> There you go. 100% on form.

I merely turned what you said back on you.

If it's "on form" it's also on point.

:-)

> Feel free to fuck yourself in your Miata, asshole.

Oh, look! Another twit who's scared his manhood would be compromised if
he drove one of the best small sportscars of all time!

> It's what you do well. Every trolling day.

And yet you just can't resist!

;-)

Re: The iPhone has won over casual users.

<kletmjF16dU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1029&group=comp.sys.mac.apps#1029

Followup: comp.sys.mac.advocacy
From: jollyro...@pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.apps,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: 1 Sep 2023 19:51:47 GMT
<ucr9v5$q6mq$1@paganini.bofh.team> <ucra85$3fo3g$1@dont-email.me>
<hL6cnUQV9v08rGz5nZ2dnZfqn_qdnZ2d@giganews.com>
<ucrcot$qjt2$1@paganini.bofh.team>
<iQadnWkclZ-i2Gz5nZ2dnZfqn_qdnZ2d@giganews.com>
<ucrp03$sirg$1@paganini.bofh.team> <ucrpth$3l9co$1@dont-email.me>
<ucrv4b$gp9e$1@solani.org> <ucsvq2$eeu$1@paganini.bofh.team>
<uct1nq$3rb8u$2@dont-email.me> <uct2c4$3ptvk$1@dont-email.me>
<uct2ea$3rb8u$5@dont-email.me> <uct697$3ptvk$2@dont-email.me>
<uct6j1$3um26$1@dont-email.me> <uct6uq$3ptvk$3@dont-email.me>
<uct7mh$3un9q$1@dont-email.me> <uct82n$3ptvk$4@dont-email.me>
 by: Jolly Roger - Fri, 1 Sep 2023 19:51 UTC

On 2023-09-01, News <News@Group.Name> wrote:
> On 9/1/2023 1:40 PM, Alan wrote:

>>> My answer was accurate. I don't need to set the timing on my car.

LOL... Nobody needs or wants it, you say? Go figure! 🤣
>> But by your own argument against the iPhone, the fact that you can't
>> is a drawback.
>>
>> Your a "low-information consumer" when it comes to cars.
>
> There you go. 100% on form.
>
> Feel free to fuck yourself in your Miata, asshole.

LOL! Apple-hating trolls get *so* emotional when their own statements
get thrown back in their faces! Little "News" got his filthy panties all
twisted when someone showed him he meets the definition of a
"low-information consumer", and I'm here for it! 🤣

> It's what you do well. Every trolling day.

Mindless projection is what we've come to expect form people like you.
Do carry on.

JR

Re: The iPhone has won over casual users.

<ucto85$1mmv$1@paganini.bofh.team>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1030&group=comp.sys.mac.apps#1030

From: walterjo...@invalid.nospam (Wally J)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.apps,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2023 18:24:09 -0400
References: <ucj7hd$1suoo$1@dont-email.me> <ucl1fh$29kpj$2@dont-email.me> <FYucnTTzhrHwjWz5nZ2dnZfqnPWdnZ2d@giganews.com> <ucr9v5$q6mq$1@paganini.bofh.team> <ucra85$3fo3g$1@dont-email.me> <hL6cnUQV9v08rGz5nZ2dnZfqn_qdnZ2d@giganews.com> <ucrcot$qjt2$1@paganini.bofh.team> <iQadnWkclZ-i2Gz5nZ2dnZfqn_qdnZ2d@giganews.com> <ucrp03$sirg$1@paganini.bofh.team> <ucrpth$3l9co$1@dont-email.me> <ucrv4b$gp9e$1@solani.org> <ucsvq2$eeu$1@paganini.bofh.team> <uct1nq$3rb8u$2@dont-email.me> <uct2c4$3ptvk$1@dont-email.me> <uct2ea$3rb8u$5@dont-email.me> <uct697$3ptvk$2@dont-email.me> <uct6j1$3um26$1@dont-email.me> <uct6uq$3ptvk$3@dont-email.me> <uct7mh$3un9q$1@dont-email.me> <uct82n$3ptvk$4@dont-email.me> <kletmjF16dU1@mid.individual.net>
 by: Wally J - Fri, 1 Sep 2023 22:24 UTC

Jolly Roger <jollyroger@pobox.com> wrote

> LOL... Nobody needs or wants it, you say?

*LOGIC:*
Given every useful functionality I stated is on _all_ other operating
systems _except_ iOS, there must be people who want it and who need it.

*EXAMPLE:*
Choosing just one, for you to claim nobody wants the privacy/anonymity of
the Guardian Tor Browser is the height of iKook hypocrisy, Jolly Roger.

*FACT:*
*It's _only iOS_ that can't have the privacy of the Tor Browser Bundle*
<https://support.torproject.org/tormobile/tormobile-3/>

Re: The iPhone has won over casual users.

<uctt0j$280r$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1031&group=comp.sys.mac.apps#1031

From: nuh...@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.apps,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2023 16:44:16 -0700
<ucr9v5$q6mq$1@paganini.bofh.team> <ucra85$3fo3g$1@dont-email.me>
<hL6cnUQV9v08rGz5nZ2dnZfqn_qdnZ2d@giganews.com>
<ucrcot$qjt2$1@paganini.bofh.team>
<iQadnWkclZ-i2Gz5nZ2dnZfqn_qdnZ2d@giganews.com>
<ucrp03$sirg$1@paganini.bofh.team> <ucrpth$3l9co$1@dont-email.me>
<ucrv4b$gp9e$1@solani.org> <ucsvq2$eeu$1@paganini.bofh.team>
<uct1nq$3rb8u$2@dont-email.me> <uct2c4$3ptvk$1@dont-email.me>
<uct2ea$3rb8u$5@dont-email.me> <uct697$3ptvk$2@dont-email.me>
<uct6j1$3um26$1@dont-email.me> <uct6uq$3ptvk$3@dont-email.me>
<uct7mh$3un9q$1@dont-email.me> <uct82n$3ptvk$4@dont-email.me>
<kletmjF16dU1@mid.individual.net> <ucto85$1mmv$1@paganini.bofh.team>
 by: Alan - Fri, 1 Sep 2023 23:44 UTC

On 2023-09-01 15:24, Wally J wrote:
> Jolly Roger <jollyroger@pobox.com> wrote
>
>> LOL... Nobody needs or wants it, you say?
>
> *LOGIC:*
> Given every useful functionality I stated is on _all_ other operating
> systems _except_ iOS, there must be people who want it and who need it.

Sorry, but that doesn't follow...

....not with operating systems.

Re: The iPhone has won over casual users.

<klfd8vF2efkU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1032&group=comp.sys.mac.apps#1032

From: jollyro...@pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.apps,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: 2 Sep 2023 00:17:35 GMT
<ucr9v5$q6mq$1@paganini.bofh.team> <ucra85$3fo3g$1@dont-email.me>
<hL6cnUQV9v08rGz5nZ2dnZfqn_qdnZ2d@giganews.com>
<ucrcot$qjt2$1@paganini.bofh.team>
<iQadnWkclZ-i2Gz5nZ2dnZfqn_qdnZ2d@giganews.com>
<ucrp03$sirg$1@paganini.bofh.team> <ucrpth$3l9co$1@dont-email.me>
<ucrv4b$gp9e$1@solani.org> <ucsvq2$eeu$1@paganini.bofh.team>
<uct1nq$3rb8u$2@dont-email.me> <uct2c4$3ptvk$1@dont-email.me>
<uct2ea$3rb8u$5@dont-email.me> <uct697$3ptvk$2@dont-email.me>
<uct6j1$3um26$1@dont-email.me> <uct6uq$3ptvk$3@dont-email.me>
<uct7mh$3un9q$1@dont-email.me> <uct82n$3ptvk$4@dont-email.me>
<kletmjF16dU1@mid.individual.net> <ucto85$1mmv$1@paganini.bofh.team>
 by: Jolly Roger - Sat, 2 Sep 2023 00:17 UTC

On 2023-09-01, Wally J <walterjones@invalid.nospam> wrote:
> Jolly Roger <jollyroger@pobox.com> wrote
>
>> LOL... Nobody needs or wants it, you say?
>
> *LOGIC:* Given every useful functionality I stated is on _all_ cars,
> there must be people who want it and who need it.

Except he explicitly stated he does *not* need or want it. 🤣

You trolls get *so* emotional when your own trolls are shown to apply to
you. You are huge hypocrite babies. 🤣 Your trolls are unoriginal and
weak, because *you* are unoriginal and weak minded. Pathetic! 🤣

JR

Re: The iPhone has won over casual users.

<uctvhn$6kbr$1@paganini.bofh.team>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1033&group=comp.sys.mac.apps#1033

From: walterjo...@invalid.nospam (Wally J)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.apps,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Sat, 2 Sep 2023 09:28:43 +0900
References: <ucj7hd$1suoo$1@dont-email.me> <ucr9v5$q6mq$1@paganini.bofh.team> <ucra85$3fo3g$1@dont-email.me> <hL6cnUQV9v08rGz5nZ2dnZfqn_qdnZ2d@giganews.com> <ucrcot$qjt2$1@paganini.bofh.team> <iQadnWkclZ-i2Gz5nZ2dnZfqn_qdnZ2d@giganews.com> <ucrp03$sirg$1@paganini.bofh.team> <ucrpth$3l9co$1@dont-email.me> <ucrv4b$gp9e$1@solani.org> <ucsvq2$eeu$1@paganini.bofh.team> <uct1nq$3rb8u$2@dont-email.me> <uct2c4$3ptvk$1@dont-email.me> <uct2ea$3rb8u$5@dont-email.me> <uct697$3ptvk$2@dont-email.me> <uct6j1$3um26$1@dont-email.me> <uct6uq$3ptvk$3@dont-email.me> <uct7mh$3un9q$1@dont-email.me> <uct82n$3ptvk$4@dont-email.me> <kletmjF16dU1@mid.individual.net> <ucto85$1mmv$1@paganini.bofh.team> <klfd8vF2efkU1@mid.individual.net>
 by: Wally J - Sat, 2 Sep 2023 00:28 UTC

Jolly Roger <jollyroger@pobox.com> wrote

>> *LOGIC:* Given every useful functionality I stated is on _all_ cars,
>> there must be people who want it and who need it.
>
> Except he explicitly stated he does *not* need or want it.

Hi Jolly Roger,

Alan Baker has an IQ of no greater than around 40, so the mere observation
that Alan Baker can't conceive of the need to use iOS for anything other
than playing barbie in a pretty red toy house is to be expected of him.

...However...

*Every common consumer OS _except_ for iOS, has that privacy/anonymity*

...Just not iOS...

And anonymity is just one of thousands of compellingly useful key
functionalities every common consumer operating system (except for iOS)
already had.

Assuming you own adult cognitive skills, JR, allow me to ask a question.

*Why do you think it's only iOS that can't have any anonymity anyway?*

--
HINT: Walled garden.

Re: The iPhone has won over casual users.

<klfh7eF2efkU6@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1034&group=comp.sys.mac.apps#1034

From: jollyro...@pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.apps,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: 2 Sep 2023 01:25:02 GMT
<ucr9v5$q6mq$1@paganini.bofh.team> <ucra85$3fo3g$1@dont-email.me>
<hL6cnUQV9v08rGz5nZ2dnZfqn_qdnZ2d@giganews.com>
<ucrcot$qjt2$1@paganini.bofh.team>
<iQadnWkclZ-i2Gz5nZ2dnZfqn_qdnZ2d@giganews.com>
<ucrp03$sirg$1@paganini.bofh.team> <ucrpth$3l9co$1@dont-email.me>
<ucrv4b$gp9e$1@solani.org> <ucsvq2$eeu$1@paganini.bofh.team>
<uct1nq$3rb8u$2@dont-email.me> <uct2c4$3ptvk$1@dont-email.me>
<uct2ea$3rb8u$5@dont-email.me> <uct697$3ptvk$2@dont-email.me>
<uct6j1$3um26$1@dont-email.me> <uct6uq$3ptvk$3@dont-email.me>
<uct7mh$3un9q$1@dont-email.me> <uct82n$3ptvk$4@dont-email.me>
<kletmjF16dU1@mid.individual.net> <ucto85$1mmv$1@paganini.bofh.team>
<klfd8vF2efkU1@mid.individual.net> <uctvhn$6kbr$1@paganini.bofh.team>
 by: Jolly Roger - Sat, 2 Sep 2023 01:25 UTC

On 2023-09-02, Wally J <walterjones@invalid.nospam> wrote:
> Jolly Roger <jollyroger@pobox.com> wrote
>
>>> *LOGIC:* Given every useful functionality I stated is on _all_ cars,
>>> there must be people who want it and who need it.
>>
>> Except he explicitly stated he does *not* need or want it.
>
> Alan Baker has an IQ of no greater than around 40
> Alan Baker can't conceive of the need to use iOS for anything other
> than playing barbie in a pretty red toy house
> adult cognitive skills

Bow to Arlen's "wisdom", everyone! 🤡

JR

Re: The iPhone has won over casual users.

<ucvif0$etq0$2@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1035&group=comp.sys.mac.apps#1035

From: nuh...@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.apps,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Sat, 2 Sep 2023 10:56:31 -0400
<ucrp03$sirg$1@paganini.bofh.team> <ucrpth$3l9co$1@dont-email.me>
<ucrv4b$gp9e$1@solani.org> <ucsvq2$eeu$1@paganini.bofh.team>
<uct1nq$3rb8u$2@dont-email.me> <uct2c4$3ptvk$1@dont-email.me>
<uct2ea$3rb8u$5@dont-email.me> <uct697$3ptvk$2@dont-email.me>
<uct6j1$3um26$1@dont-email.me> <uct6uq$3ptvk$3@dont-email.me>
<uct7mh$3un9q$1@dont-email.me> <uct82n$3ptvk$4@dont-email.me>
<kletmjF16dU1@mid.individual.net> <ucto85$1mmv$1@paganini.bofh.team>
<klfd8vF2efkU1@mid.individual.net> <uctvhn$6kbr$1@paganini.bofh.team>
 by: Alan - Sat, 2 Sep 2023 14:56 UTC

On 2023-09-01 20:28, Wally J wrote:
> Jolly Roger <jollyroger@pobox.com> wrote
>
>>> *LOGIC:* Given every useful functionality I stated is on _all_ cars,
>>> there must be people who want it and who need it.
>>
>> Except he explicitly stated he does *not* need or want it.
>
> Hi Jolly Roger,
>
> Alan Baker has an IQ of no greater than around 40, so the mere observation
> that Alan Baker can't conceive of the need to use iOS for anything other
> than playing barbie in a pretty red toy house is to be expected of him.

Dude...

....you REALLY need to get laid.