It seems intuitively obvious to me, which means that it might be wrong. -- Chris Torek

computers / comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action / Re: Free Game: "F.I.S.T.: Forged In Shadow Torch"

SubjectAuthor
* Free Game: "F.I.S.T.: Forged In Shadow Torch"Spalls Hurgenson
+* Re: Free Game: "F.I.S.T.: Forged In Shadow Torch"Justisaur
|`- Re: Free Game: "F.I.S.T.: Forged In Shadow Torch"Ant
`- Re: Free Game: "F.I.S.T.: Forged In Shadow Torch"Ant

1
Free Game: "F.I.S.T.: Forged In Shadow Torch"

<l1hjqhptkk8p3suhglvn6l4fhkfig96r3t@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=10257&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#10257

From: spallshu...@gmail.com (Spalls Hurgenson)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Subject: Free Game: "F.I.S.T.: Forged In Shadow Torch"
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2022 11:05:16 -0500
 by: Spalls Hurgenson - Mon, 26 Dec 2022 16:05 UTC

Whoa... more games? I thought Epic's freebies were gonna only be to
XMas. But no, we're getting more! I like more! Gimme more!

Today's game is:

* F.I.S.T.: Forged In Shadow Torch
https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/p/fist-forged-in-shadow-torch
I'm not sure what to make of this one. It defines itself as a
metroidvania-style platformer, but it looks like something out of
Bladerunner. I'm not a fan of 'challenging platforming' but boy oh
boy, the visuals alone may be enough for me to give this one a try.
Then again, reviews indicate some flawed mechanics, bugs and a
lackluster story. Well, it's free so no harm in giving it a chance.

24 hours to claim this one... and then we get another one. EpicMas
isn't over yet, it appears!

Re: Free Game: "F.I.S.T.: Forged In Shadow Torch"

<a8ddd950-6529-49c8-a615-9fac7589b244n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=10260&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#10260

Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2022 09:36:36 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Free Game: "F.I.S.T.: Forged In Shadow Torch"
From: justis...@gmail.com (Justisaur)
 by: Justisaur - Mon, 26 Dec 2022 17:36 UTC

On Monday, December 26, 2022 at 8:05:24 AM UTC-8, Spalls Hurgenson wrote:
> Whoa... more games? I thought Epic's freebies were gonna only be to
> XMas. But no, we're getting more! I like more! Gimme more!
>
> Today's game is:
>
> * F.I.S.T.: Forged In Shadow Torch
> https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/p/fist-forged-in-shadow-torch
> I'm not sure what to make of this one. It defines itself as a
> metroidvania-style platformer, but it looks like something out of
> Bladerunner. I'm not a fan of 'challenging platforming' but boy oh
> boy, the visuals alone may be enough for me to give this one a try.
> Then again, reviews indicate some flawed mechanics, bugs and a
> lackluster story. Well, it's free so no harm in giving it a chance.
>
> 24 hours to claim this one... and then we get another one. EpicMas
> isn't over yet, it appears!

Re: Free Game: "F.I.S.T.: Forged In Shadow Torch"

<tod1ma$1ia3$2@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=10262&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#10262

From: ant...@zimage.comANT (Ant)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2022 12:54:23 -0800
 by: Ant - Mon, 26 Dec 2022 20:54 UTC

More? Wow. Is Epic doing this every day for now on? [grin]

--
Merry Christmas and Belated Happy Birthday, Jesus! Happy Holidays /
Season's Greetings! Simeon took him [Jesus] in his arms and praised God,
| |o o| | Axe ANT from its address if shown & e-mailing privately.
\ _ / Please kindly use Ant nickname & URL/link if crediting.
( )

Re: Free Game: "F.I.S.T.: Forged In Shadow Torch"

<tod1n1$1ia3$3@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=10263&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#10263

From: ant...@zimage.comANT (Ant)