From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.mobile.ipad
Subject: Re: Google an Apple to remove 1.5M apps
Date: Tue, 17 May 2022 21:49:34 +0100
 by: Andy Burnelli - Tue, 17 May 2022 20:49 UTC

Andy Burnelli wrote:

>> That's just plain wrong: when a framework is retired and replaced by
>> somthething else, rebuilding the app without updating the code itself is
>> NOT enough.
>
> It's no longer shocking how _ignorant_ the iKooks are.
> This removal of apps has almost _nothing_ to do with how old they are.
>
> It has _everything_ to do with the fact people weren't downloading them.
> The fact the iKooks are oblivious to what Apple said it was is telling.

Ooops. That was meant for nospam. I don't think pehache is an iKook.

To Pehache.
1. Apple at first said it was about old apps.
2. Then developers noted that this was not the case.
3. Apple then corrected what it _really_ was about.

HINT: It's not only about old apps.
It's about old apps that haven't been downloaded all that much.

In fact, very old apps that are still being downloaded are NOT affected.
So all this talk about "old apps" is a red herring by the ignorant iKooks.

It's no longer shocking how _little_ the iKooks know about iOS.
--
*Why did Apple brazenly lie to its own app developers this week?*
<https://groups.google.com/g/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/c/NzZvXHlLzT8>

Is Apple really that stupid that they don't know their own policies?
*Apple Clarifies Criteria For App Store Improvement Process*
<https://www.republicworld.com/technology-news/other-tech-news/apple-clarifies-criteria-for-app-store-improvement-process-check-details-here-articleshow.html>

Or, did Apple simply get caught in yet another brazen lie to the world?
*Apple clarifies which apps are to be removed from the App Store*
<https://digitnews.in/apple-clarifies-which-apps-are-to-be-removed-from-the-app-store/>

Did Apple really think they'd get away with such brazen public lies?
*Clarifying criteria for App Store app removal process*
<https://developer.apple.com/news/?id=gi6npkmf>

Apple lied.
This is _not_ about old apps. It never was.

I haven't seen a single low-IQ uneducated iKook _understand_ that fact yet.

Re: Google an Apple to remove 1.5M apps

<t6129u$jo6$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=10332&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#10332

From: nuh...@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.mobile.ipad
Date: Tue, 17 May 2022 13:58:38 -0700
 by: Alan - Tue, 17 May 2022 20:58 UTC

On 2022-05-17 1:49 p.m., Andy Burnelli wrote:
> Andy Burnelli wrote:
>
>>> That's just plain wrong: when a framework is retired and replaced by
>>> somthething else, rebuilding the app without updating the code itself
>>> is NOT enough.
>>
>> It's no longer shocking how _ignorant_ the iKooks are.
>> This removal of apps has almost _nothing_ to do with how old they are.
>>
>> It has _everything_ to do with the fact people weren't downloading them.
>> The fact the iKooks are oblivious to what Apple said it was is telling.
>
> Ooops. That was meant for nospam. I don't think pehache is an iKook.
>
> To Pehache.
> 1. Apple at first said it was about old apps.

Quote and source, please!

> 2. Then developers noted that this was not the case.

Quote and source, please!

> 3. Apple then corrected what it _really_ was about.

Quote and source, please!

> HINT: It's not only about old apps.

But you won't tell us what it's supposedly about in what passes for your
mind.