From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Subject: Re: Google an Apple to remove 1.5M apps
Date: Mon, 16 May 2022 19:15:19 +0100
 by: Andy Burnelli - Mon, 16 May 2022 18:15 UTC

pehache wrote:

>> nobody does, but at some point, old apps stop working, regardless of
>> platform.
>
> The "some point" dramatically vary from platform to platform. A properly
> written win32 application from the W95 era can still be run under W10,
> using the compatibility modes, even without recompiling it. In some
> cases, even 16 bits applications from Win 3.1 can be run.

*The fact remains that this topic has _nothing_ to do with 'old' apps.*
Apple lied.

The facts are here for anyone who cares about facts:
*Why did Apple brazenly lie to its own app developers this week?*
<https://groups.google.com/g/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/c/NzZvXHlLzT8>
Why did Apple brazenly lie to its own app developers this week?
*Apple clarifies conditions for App Store app removal*
<https://appleinsider.com/articles/22/04/30/apple-clarifies-conditions-for-app-store-app-removal-extends-update-deadline-to-90-days>

Is Apple really that stupid that they don't know their own policies?
*Apple Clarifies Criteria For App Store Improvement Process*
<https://www.republicworld.com/technology-news/other-tech-news/apple-clarifies-criteria-for-app-store-improvement-process-check-details-here-articleshow.html>

Or, did Apple simply get caught in yet another brazen lie to the world?
*Apple clarifies which apps are to be removed from the App Store*
<https://digitnews.in/apple-clarifies-which-apps-are-to-be-removed-from-the-app-store/>

Did Apple really think they'd get away with such brazen public lies?
*Clarifying criteria for App Store app removal process*
<https://developer.apple.com/news/?id=gi6npkmf>

Apple lied.
This is _not_ about old apps. It never was.

I haven't seen a single low-IQ uneducated iKook _understand_ that fact yet.
Least of all nospam.

Re: Google an Apple to remove 1.5M apps

<t5u5uf$5t4$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=10324&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#10324

From: nuh...@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Mon, 16 May 2022 11:42:23 -0700
 by: Alan - Mon, 16 May 2022 18:42 UTC

On 2022-05-16 11:15 a.m., Andy Burnelli wrote:
> pehache wrote:
>
>>> nobody does, but at some point, old apps stop working, regardless of
>>> platform.
>>
>> The "some point" dramatically vary from platform to platform. A
>> properly written win32 application from the W95 era can still be run
>> under W10, using the compatibility modes, even without recompiling it.
>> In some cases, even 16 bits applications from Win 3.1 can be run.
>
> *The fact remains that this topic has _nothing_ to do with 'old' apps.*
> Apple lied.
>
> The facts are here for anyone who cares about facts:
> *Why did Apple brazenly lie to its own app developers this week?*
> <https://groups.google.com/g/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/c/NzZvXHlLzT8>
> Why did Apple brazenly lie to its own app developers this week?
> *Apple clarifies conditions for App Store app removal*
> <https://appleinsider.com/articles/22/04/30/apple-clarifies-conditions-for-app-store-app-removal-extends-update-deadline-to-90-days>
>

> Is Apple really that stupid that they don't know their own policies?
> *Apple Clarifies Criteria For App Store Improvement Process*
> <https://www.republicworld.com/technology-news/other-tech-news/apple-clarifies-criteria-for-app-store-improvement-process-check-details-here-articleshow.html>
>

> Or, did Apple simply get caught in yet another brazen lie to the world?
> *Apple clarifies which apps are to be removed from the App Store*
> <https://digitnews.in/apple-clarifies-which-apps-are-to-be-removed-from-the-app-store/>
>

> Did Apple really think they'd get away with such brazen public lies?
> *Clarifying criteria for App Store app removal process*
> <https://developer.apple.com/news/?id=gi6npkmf>
>
> Apple lied.
> This is _not_ about old apps. It never was.

You keep saying that...

....but you keep failing to explain what it was supposed to be about in
your opinion.

You do know what an "opinion" is, right?

Re: Google an Apple to remove 1.5M apps

<t643t3$1cki$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=10337&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#10337

From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Thu, 19 May 2022 01:44:45 +0100
 by: Andy Burnelli - Thu, 19 May 2022 00:44 UTC

Chris wrote:

> That's a new one. Apple are warmongers now, are they? Who have they invaded
> by force? I must have missed it.

Jesus Christ Chris.
Once or twice you said something an adult would say.
The rest of the time you're a freakin' moron.

If I use an analogy, only a kindergarten kid doesn't realize it's an
analogy. You treat an analogy as if it's the real thing.

How old are you Chris.
Five?

The point was that Putin did not do it for the reasons he said he did it.
The analogy was that Apple didn't do it for the reasons they said it was.

I proved that.
It was easy to prove since it was all over the news.

Only you morons (Alan Baker & Chris & nospam) don't read the news.
The rest of us knew this when it happened.

If you had read the news you'd know all this.

Sometimes it's so obvious you own the brain of a five year old it's
frustrating to talk to you where your IQ can't be higher than about 70.

1. The news reported what Apple first did and first said.
2. Then the news reported that Apple didn't do it for the reason they said.
3. This was proven by developers who concurred on what Apple did.

That's what happened first.
*What Apple did wasn't even close to what Apple _said_ they were doing"

Then, when Apple couldn't hide anymore from their lies...
Apple posted an explanation of _why_ they did it.

I pointed to that explanation.
You then say I have to prove it.

Jesus Christ.
Are you five years old Chris?

I've never met people in my life as stupid as you iKooks are.

Re: Google an Apple to remove 1.5M apps

<t6443s$e1l$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=10339&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#10339

From: nuh...@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Wed, 18 May 2022 17:47:55 -0700
 by: Alan - Thu, 19 May 2022 00:47 UTC

On 2022-05-18 5:44 p.m., Andy Burnelli wrote:
> Chris wrote:
>
>> That's a new one. Apple are warmongers now, are they? Who have they
>> invaded
>> by force? I must have missed it.
>
> Jesus Christ Chris. Once or twice you said something an adult would say.
> The rest of the time you're a freakin' moron.
>
> If I use an analogy, only a kindergarten kid doesn't realize it's an
> analogy. You treat an analogy as if it's the real thing.
>
> How old are you Chris.
> Five?
>
> The point was that Putin did not do it for the reasons he said he did it.
> The analogy was that Apple didn't do it for the reasons they said it was.
>
> I proved that.
> It was easy to prove since it was all over the news.

No.

You didn't prove it.

You didn't even state what the "real reason" for which you claim Apple
did it.