From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.ipad,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Subject: Re: !5.6 Beta is out
Date: Thu, 19 May 2022 14:46:48 +0100
 by: Andy Burnelli - Thu, 19 May 2022 13:46 UTC

sms wrote:

> On 5/16/2022 12:46 PM, Ant wrote:
>> V15.5 is out!
>> https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT212789#155
>> https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT212788#155
>> https://support.apple.com/kb/HT213258
>
> 15.6 beta is out!
> <https://9to5mac.com/2022/05/18/apple-releases-ios-15-6-beta-1-to-developers-as-ios-16-announcement-looms/>

As of now, we still don�t know what�s new with this update.

Anyone wanna guess (given Apple has a terrible OS-release process)?

I think I know what it might be. So do you.
--
HINT: Apple has arguably the worst OS-release process on the planet.

Re: !5.6 Beta is out

<t65lt7$jha$8@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=10345&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#10345

From: nuh...@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.ipad,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Thu, 19 May 2022 07:57:43 -0700
 by: Alan - Thu, 19 May 2022 14:57 UTC

On 2022-05-19 6:46 a.m., Andy Burnelli wrote:
> sms wrote:
>
>> On 5/16/2022 12:46 PM, Ant wrote:
>>> V15.5 is out!
>>> https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT212789#155
>>> https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT212788#155
>>> https://support.apple.com/kb/HT213258
>>
>> 15.6 beta is out!
>> <https://9to5mac.com/2022/05/18/apple-releases-ios-15-6-beta-1-to-developers-as-ios-16-announcement-looms/>
>>

> As of now, we still don�t know what�s new with this update.
>
> Anyone wanna guess (given Apple has a terrible OS-release process)?
>
> I think I know what it might be. So do you.

'Article

iOS & iPadOS 15.6 Beta Release Notes

Update your apps to use new features, and test your apps against API
changes.'

<https://developer.apple.com/documentation/ios-ipados-release-notes/ios-ipados-15_6-release-notes#Overview>

30 seconds to find it.

Re: !5.6 Beta is out

<jenskbFi6ihU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=10348&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#10348

From: jollyro...@pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.ipad,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: 19 May 2022 21:54:19 GMT
 by: Jolly Roger - Thu, 19 May 2022 21:54 UTC

On 2022-05-19, Alan <nuh-uh@nope.com> wrote:
> On 2022-05-19 6:46 a.m., Andy Burnelli wrote:
>> sms wrote:

>>> 15.6 beta is out!
>>> <https://9to5mac.com/2022/05/18/apple-releases-ios-15-6-beta-1-to-developers-as-ios-16-announcement-looms/>
>>>
>> As of now, we still don�t know what�s new with this update.
>>
> 'Article
>
> iOS & iPadOS 15.6 Beta Release Notes
>
> Update your apps to use new features, and test your apps against API
> changes.'
>
><https://developer.apple.com/documentation/ios-ipados-release-notes/ios-ipados-15_6-release-notes#Overview>
>
> 30 seconds to find it.

Arlen doesn't care about facts - he's only here to troll.

JR

Re: !5.6 Beta is out

<t66hpv$hap$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=10349&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#10349

From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.ipad,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Thu, 19 May 2022 23:54:16 +0100
 by: Andy Burnelli - Thu, 19 May 2022 22:54 UTC

Jolly Roger wrote:

>><https://developer.apple.com/documentation/ios-ipados-release-notes/ios-ipados-15_6-release-notes#Overview>
>>
>> 30 seconds to find it.
>
> He doesn't care about facts - he's only here to troll.

Did either of you even bother to _click_ on that link?

It's classic for you iKooks.

You google & find keywords & then you don't understand what you found.

Re: !5.6 Beta is out

<jepknjFs6scU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=10353&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#10353

From: jollyro...@pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.ipad,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: 20 May 2022 13:51:47 GMT
 by: Jolly Roger - Fri, 20 May 2022 13:51 UTC

On 2022-05-19, Andy Burnelli <spam@nospam.com> wrote:
> Jolly Roger wrote:
>
>>><https://developer.apple.com/documentation/ios-ipados-release-notes/ios-ipados-15_6-release-notes#Overview>
>>>
>>> 30 seconds to find it.
>>
>> He doesn't care about facts - he's only here to troll.
>
> Did either of you even bother to _click_ on that link?

You didn't bother to read it, because you are only here to troll. But
for everyone else, I'll go ahead and paste what is shown when you do
follow the link, which shows your claim that we don't know what is in
this update is a pathetic lie, as usual:

<https://developer.apple.com/documentation/ios-ipados-release-notes/ios-ipados-15_5-release-notes>
---
iOS & iPadOS 15.5 Release Notes

Update your apps to use new features, and test your apps against API changes.

Overview

The iOS & iPadOS 15.5 SDK provides support to develop apps for iPhone,
iPad, and iPod touch devices running iOS & iPadOS 15.5. The SDK comes
bundled with Xcode 13.4, available from the Mac App Store. For
information on the compatibility requirements for Xcode 13.4, see Xcode
13.4 Release Notes.

Apple Pay

New Features

* Developers can express payment network preference in PKPaymentRequest.
Network preference is determined by the order of supportedNetworks. This
won’t override the user’s default card selection, but if the card is
multi-SSD, then the network preference order determines which SSD is
selected. (80827905)

Authentication

New Features

* Support is added to the passkey technology preview, enabling signing in
to passkey-compatible websites and apps on Mac and iPad using an iPhone
with a saved passkey. (87998254)

Developer Settings

New Features

* You can now use Settings > Developer Settings > Run Throughput Test to
view average results for ping packet loss, idle ping latency, and
download and upload speeds. (81870452)

Game Controller

New Features

* Support is now available for new DualSense adaptive trigger firmware
features available via GCDualSenseAdaptiveTrigger. (87433163)

Health App

Known Issues

* The Health app crashes when you attempt to onboard the Blood Oxygen
feature from within the app. (87617635)

* If Health sharing is skipped when setting up an Apple Watch for a family
member, it can’t be enabled later. (87210981)

HealthKit

New Features

* Verifiable health records now support adding vaccination records in the
EU Digital COVID Certificate (EU DCC) format to the Wallet and Health
apps. (79917344)

* HealthKit query APIs in Swift now support async/await syntax, which
simplifies the structure of code that previously used completion
callbacks. (74040680)

Known Issues

* You can only pair up to five Matter accessories in a home. (77933589)

* The iOS device that initiates pairing needs to be logged in to the same
iCloud account as the home hub. Only the owner of a home, not an invited
user, can pair Matter accessories. (76012945)

* Adding a Matter accessory to a third-party app fails if an Apple Home
doesn’t exist. (80341813)

Workaround: Launch the Home App and create a Home first.

Resolved Issues

* Fixed an issue so that Matter accessories with multiple end points are
now reachable in the Home App. (86170578)

* Fixed an issue so that Matter accessories no longer go to a “No
Response” state after pairing with the Home App. (86497690)

iTunes

Known Issues

* Purchasing or downloading content again from the iTunes Store and TV app
might fail on some devices. (86772291)

Workaround: Rebooting the device may resolve the issue.

libc++

New Features

* The following new C++20 and C++23 features are now implemented:

* C++20 library concepts defined in <concepts>

* constexpr for std::swap() and swap-related functions

* Miscellaneous constexpr-ification in the library

* std::atomic now default initializes as expected

* A .contains() method for associative containers

* Added std::bind_front() (88131816)

Deprecations

* Some extensions in std::tuple were removed to fix bugs caused by those extensions:

* Tuples can no longer be constructed from fewer than the number of
elements in the tuple. Previously, elements that weren’t specified
were default-constructed; now this is a compiler error.

* A tuple can no longer be constructed from an array.

* The std::result_of and std::is_literal_type type traits are no
longer available in C++20 mode, as specified in the Standard.

Messages

Known Issues

* A conversation transcript won’t scroll after viewing a photo in
QuickLook. (87855403)

Workaround: Back out of the conversation and then reopen it to restore scrolling.

Phone

Known Issues

* Emergency SOS “Call with 5 Presses” is disabled for all users outside of
India to fix an issue that caused this setting to unintentionally
default for some users. (86189447)

Settings

Known Issues

* In the Throughput Test results, the Idle Ping Latency is reported in
incorrect units. For example, an actual ping latency of 123.32 ms is
shown as 0.12 ms. (87599982)

SharePlay

New Features

* A new GroupActivities API allows you to present UI that enables starting
a SharePlay session from within your app. (88099397)

StoreKit

Resolved Issues

* Fixed an issue so developers using StoreKit 2 can now initiate a
subscription offer purchase for a product that the customer currently
subscribes to. (89152302)

New Features

* SKTestSession has three new methods to simulate a subscription requiring
price increase consent, simulate consenting to a pending price increase,
and simulate declining a price increase in automated tests. (84556183)

* StoreKit records an ad impression if the framework displays an ad for a
minimum of 2 seconds, down from the previous minimum of 3 seconds.
(85874835)

* SKTestSession has two new Boolean properties to simulate billing retry
and grace period in automated tests. You can identify and simulate the
resolution of billing retry issues using the same APIs as interrupted
purchases. (83956205)

* Users can now test the billing retry and grace period states using
StoreKit Testing in Xcode. Use Xcode 13.3 or later to enable billing
retry testing and toggle whether the app offers a grace period. Use
isInBillingRetry and gracePeriodExpirationDate to handle these states in
the app. (83938270)

* You can now test offer codes with StoreKit Testing in Xcode. Configure
offers for codes in Xcode 13.3 or later, and test redeeming them using
presentCodeRedemptionSheet(). (63692551)

* Users can test subscription price increase behavior using StoreKit
Testing in Xcode. Use Xcode 13.3 or later to set a price increase, then
use paymentQueueShouldShowPriceConsent(_:), showPriceConsentIfNeeded(),
and priceIncreaseStatus in the app. (58770817)

* StoreKit error types now conform to LocalizedError. (78735204)

* Some types in StoreKit now have a localizedDescription read-only String
instance property. This property can be used to get a human-readable
description of the value, localized for the device’s current locale.
These types include: Product.ProductType, Product.SubscriptionInfo.
RenewalState, expirationReason, priceIncreaseStatus, Transaction.OfferType,
Product.SubscriptionOffer.OfferType, Product.SubscriptionOffer.PaymentMode,
Product.SubscriptionPeriod.Unit, Transaction.RevocationReason, and
Transaction.OwnershipType. (78735060)

* SKAdNetwork implementation can now be unit tested using the StoreKit
Test framework. You can use the SKAdTestSession class to test the
validity of ad impressions, update conversion values on test postbacks,
and receive test postbacks at the server. This class also displays the
URL to which the optional developer postback is sent. (59571961)

Known Issues

* When testing with StoreKit Testing in Xcode, the following APIs don’t
work in the simulator: presentCodeRedemptionSheet(),
paymentQueueShouldShowPriceConsent(_:), and showPriceConsentIfNeeded().
(85982859)

Workaround: Test these APIs using an iOS device.

UIKit

New Features

* All animations created with UIView block APIs or UIViewPropertyAnimator
run at up to 120 Hz on iPhones with ProMotion displays. (86175551)

> It's classic for you iKooks.
>
> You google & find keywords & then you don't understand what you found.

You just described yourself, you complete fucking fool.

JR

Re: !5.6 Beta is out

<t6be5q$1lea$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=10359&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#10359

From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.ipad,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Sat, 21 May 2022 20:22:57 +0100
 by: Andy Burnelli - Sat, 21 May 2022 19:22 UTC

Jolly Roger wrote:

> for everyone else, I'll go ahead and paste what is shown when you do
> follow the link, which shows your claim that we don't know what is in
> this update is a pathetic lie, as usual...

Jesus Christ.

This is exactly _why_ you're an iKook, Jolly Roger.
*Who on earth is as _stupid_ as you just proved to be*

As always, even after we _force_ you iKooks to _click_ on the links,
you _still_ prove to not own the most basic of adult comprehensive skills.

You own reading comprehension skills of a kindergarten child, Jolly Roger.

HINT: Compare those iOS 15.5 release notes to the 15.6 beta release notes
(which simply don't exist, as far as anyone can tell so far).
--
I don't care iKooks are child-like with a low-IQ and no education; but due
to that, they don't own even the most basic of adult cognitive skills.