From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Subject: Re: Power Outages
Date: Mon, 23 May 2022 15:02:58 +0100
 by: Andy Burnelli - Mon, 23 May 2022 14:02 UTC

nospam wrote:

> and what do you expect to do with system files?

You can tell iKooks _hate_ how crippled iOS always ends up proving to be.

Your standard MO for when iOS is crippled is to claim that nobody wants to
do what _every_ other consumer operating system easily does - except iOS.

For example, I easily see iOS system files when I plug an iPad into Linux.
And I easily see system files when I connect Android over WiFi to Windows.

The fact is with _all_ common operating systems _except_ iOS, the system
files are readable for a reason, even if iKooks like you don't know that.

Tell us how, nospam, without _any_ logins and without the Internet, you
will get read/write visibility to the entire iOS file system (including
expansion memory), over Wi-Fi, using only freeware, on the iPad/iPhone.

>> The good news with reproducing what we can easily do with Android
>
> what you describe is not what anyone would call easy.

I _knew_ you iKooks couldn't handle any basic amount of technical detail.

You're actually _afraid_ of something as simple as an IP address & port!

It's interesting that _every_ post you write proves iKooks own a low IQ.

Tell us how, nospam, without _any_ logins and without the Internet, you
will get read/write visibility to the entire iOS file system (including
expansion memory), over Wi-Fi, using only freeware, on the iPad/iPhone.

> it's about the most convoluted, most fucked up and least productive
> method possible, which explains why you want to use it.

And yet, it's simply pairing an IP address with a port.
To you iKooks, that's too much detail for your low IQ brains to fathom.

You don't realize nospam, how incredibly _stupid_ you iKooks really are.
You ikooks are, literally, deathly afraid of a simple port for God's sake!

It's likely you iKooks don't even know what a port is, nospam.
Nobody but an iKook would say that defining a port is so scary to them.

Tell us how, nospam, without _any_ logins and without the Internet, you
will get read/write visibility to the entire iOS file system (including
expansion memory), over Wi-Fi, using only freeware, on the iPad/iPhone.

> meanwhile, the rest of the world can easily (go look up the meaning)
> copy files in both directions without needing to do much beyond a
> couple of taps.

Here we go again, nospam, with you bullshitting because you _hate_ that iOS
is the only common consumer operating system literally crippled by Apple.

Tell us how, nospam, without _any_ logins and without the Internet, you
will get read/write visibility to the entire iOS file system (including
expansion memory), over Wi-Fi, using only freeware, on the iPad/iPhone.

> this has been explained to you zillions of times.

More evidence that you own a rather dismal IQ nospam is you can't change
your excuses for the lack of iOS functionality from what a child would say.

You actually think people believe you when you constantly claim that you,
of all people, know iOS enough to do what _every_ other OS already does.

It's clear you don't know anything about iOS nospam.
But what's more clear is you lie because you _hate_ how crippled iOS is.

Tell us how, nospam, without _any_ logins and without the Internet, you
will get read/write visibility to the entire iOS file system (including
expansion memory), over Wi-Fi, using only freeware, on the iPad/iPhone.

>> is that
>> iOS used to come with a native WebDAV server implementation in a few apps.
>
> no it didn't, nor does it on android.

Actually, for once you are correct as those were WebDAV clients.
Which is why I don't plonk you like I do Alan Baker and Snit, nospam.

I don't plonk Jolly Roger or Lewis either, but that's only because they're
_perfect_ examples of how incredibly hateful you iKooks are of iOS.

> any features that third party apps implement are entirely up to the
> developers of said apps.

Tell us how, nospam, without _any_ logins and without the Internet, you
will get read/write visibility to the entire iOS file system (including
expansion memory), over Wi-Fi, using only freeware, on the iPad/iPhone.

That's what I'd like to do, & let's be clear, every other platform does it.
--
You can tell iKooks _hate_ how crippled iOS always ends up proving to be.

Re: Power Outages

<t6gfon$f0$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=10364&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#10364

From: nuh...@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Mon, 23 May 2022 10:20:22 -0700
 by: Alan - Mon, 23 May 2022 17:20 UTC

On 2022-05-23 7:02 a.m., Andy Burnelli wrote:
> [...]
> will get read/write visibility to the entire iOS file system (including
> expansion memory), over Wi-Fi, using only freeware, on the iPad/iPhone.
>
>> this has been explained to you zillions of times.
>
> More evidence that you own a rather dismal IQ nospam is you can't change
> your excuses for the lack of iOS functionality from what a child would say.
>
> You actually think people believe you when you constantly claim that you,
> of all people, know iOS enough to do what _every_ other OS already does.
>
> It's clear you don't know anything about iOS nospam.
> But what's more clear is you lie because you _hate_ how crippled iOS is.
>
> Tell us how, nospam, without _any_ logins and without the Internet, you
> will get read/write visibility to the entire iOS file system (including
> expansion memory), over Wi-Fi, using only freeware, on the iPad/iPhone.

Do you want DIP switches on ever chip to manipulate them, too?

Re: Power Outages

<0a183c0e-7b40-4638-b01e-23f2891d32c4n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=10365&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#10365

Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Thu, 26 May 2022 10:10:53 -0700 (PDT)
From: thomas.e...@gmail.com (Thomas E.)
 by: Thomas E. - Thu, 26 May 2022 17:10 UTC

On Monday, May 23, 2022 at 1:20:25 PM UTC-4, Alan wrote:
> [...]
> > expansion memory), over Wi-Fi, using only freeware, on the iPad/iPhone.
> >
> >> this has been explained to you zillions of times.
> >
> > More evidence that you own a rather dismal IQ nospam is you can't change
> > your excuses for the lack of iOS functionality from what a child would say.
> >
> > You actually think people believe you when you constantly claim that you,
> > of all people, know iOS enough to do what _every_ other OS already does..
> >
> > It's clear you don't know anything about iOS nospam.
> > But what's more clear is you lie because you _hate_ how crippled iOS is..
> >
> > Tell us how, nospam, without _any_ logins and without the Internet, you
> > will get read/write visibility to the entire iOS file system (including
> > expansion memory), over Wi-Fi, using only freeware, on the iPad/iPhone.
> Do you want DIP switches on ever chip to manipulate them, too?

No, but I would really like a native iOS utility to clear system storage of junk files. System files are now about 20% of my iPhone's total and growing. Way more than a few months ago. The only solution I can find is backup/wipe/restore. If you have a better solution please let us know. Snapshot below:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1chQway21MKnCIxSfVFMweN73L3FhaH0P/view?usp=sharing

Re: Power Outages

<t6ohcm$6c4$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=10366&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#10366

From: nuh...@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Thu, 26 May 2022 11:37:10 -0700
 by: Alan - Thu, 26 May 2022 18:37 UTC

On 2022-05-26 10:10 a.m., Thomas E. wrote:
> [...]
>>>
>>> You actually think people believe you when you constantly claim that you,
>>> of all people, know iOS enough to do what _every_ other OS already does.
>>>
>>> It's clear you don't know anything about iOS nospam.
>>> But what's more clear is you lie because you _hate_ how crippled iOS is.
>>>
>>> Tell us how, nospam, without _any_ logins and without the Internet, you
>>> will get read/write visibility to the entire iOS file system (including
>>> expansion memory), over Wi-Fi, using only freeware, on the iPad/iPhone.
>> Do you want DIP switches on ever chip to manipulate them, too?
>
> No, but I would really like a native iOS utility to clear system storage of junk files. System files are now about 20% of my iPhone's total and growing. Way more than a few months ago. The only solution I can find is backup/wipe/restore. If you have a better solution please let us know. Snapshot below:

How convenient that we can't see the "before" picture...

Re: Power Outages

<0067e3b9-b0cb-4223-a202-0afd6ca17836n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=10369&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#10369

Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Fri, 27 May 2022 07:48:04 -0700 (PDT)
From: thomas.e...@gmail.com (Thomas E.)
 by: Thomas E. - Fri, 27 May 2022 14:48 UTC

On Thursday, May 26, 2022 at 2:37:12 PM UTC-4, Alan wrote:
> On 2022-05-26 10:10 a.m., Thomas E. wrote:

> >> Do you want DIP switches on ever chip to manipulate them, too?
> >
> > No, but I would really like a native iOS utility to clear system storage of junk files. System files are now about 20% of my iPhone's total and growing. Way more than a few months ago. The only solution I can find is backup/wipe/restore. If you have a better solution please let us know. Snapshot below:
> >
> > https://drive.google.com/file/d/1chQway21MKnCIxSfVFMweN73L3FhaH0P/view?usp=sharing
> How convenient that we can't see the "before" picture...

You don't have answers, just criticisms. Look up asshole or liar and your picture should pop up.

Well, that "before" was some time ago when I had no idea this was going to happen. As I recall HH had a similar issue last year, and a similar question for the group. The issue has a few threads on the Apple Community site too and it's not a new issue: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8095398

What is in there? Any data files I can offload? Just junk and temp files? You can't find out with the native software. Damn that locked down file system!