From: spallshu...@gmail.com (Spalls Hurgenson)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Subject: Sorta-Free Games: Amazon Prime Gaming
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2022 12:12:08 -0500
 by: Spalls Hurgenson - Tue, 27 Dec 2022 17:12 UTC

A reminder that the 'bonus' games on Amazon Prime are now available

- Dishonored 2
- King of Fighters 2003
- Metal Slug X
- Real Bout Fatal Fury 2: The Newcomers
- Metal Slug
- Twinkle Star Sprites
- The Last Blade
- The Last Blade 2
- SNK 40th Anniversary Collection
- Metal Slug 3

"Dishonored 2" is the acclaimed first-person stealth/action game, of
course; the rest are classic - but still fun! - SNK/NeoGeo arcade
games (shooters and brawlers, mostly).

These are not really free games, of course, since it does require an
active Amazon Prime subscription to claim, but if you happen to have
one of those, it's /almost/ like the games are free. I mean, I can't
imagine anyone is paying for Prime solely (or even primarily) so they
can add years-old games to their library...

rms alerted us to the existence of these freebies two weeks back, but
since I'm saying it on the day of their actual release, I think we
should split the points, 20/80... with the 80% split in my favor, of
course. What can I say, I'm greedy for non-existent, purposeless
points in an imaginary game that only I'm playing. ;-)

Re: Sorta-Free Games: Amazon Prime Gaming

<top7c8$10i25$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=10335&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#10335

From: now...@nochance.com (JAB)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Subject: Re: Sorta-Free Games: Amazon Prime Gaming
Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2022 11:45:10 +0000
 by: JAB - Sat, 31 Dec 2022 11:45 UTC

On 27/12/2022 17:12, Spalls Hurgenson wrote:
> "Dishonored 2" is the acclaimed first-person stealth/action game, of
> course; the rest are classic - but still fun! - SNK/NeoGeo arcade
> games (shooters and brawlers, mostly).

I'd forgotten about the Amazon extra give away so I nabbed
Dishonoured:2. My it's GoG Galaxy a lovely interface!

Re: Sorta-Free Games: Amazon Prime Gaming

<eqn0rhh96iclud9b17vft4i93g4oa3dequ@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=10336&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#10336

From: spallshu...@gmail.com (Spalls Hurgenson)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2022 11:15:09 -0500
 by: Spalls Hurgenson - Sat, 31 Dec 2022 16:15 UTC

On Sat, 31 Dec 2022 11:45:10 +0000, JAB <noway@nochance.com> wrote:

>On 27/12/2022 17:12, Spalls Hurgenson wrote:
>> "Dishonored 2" is the acclaimed first-person stealth/action game, of
>> course; the rest are classic - but still fun! - SNK/NeoGeo arcade
>> games (shooters and brawlers, mostly).
>
>I'd forgotten about the Amazon extra give away so I nabbed
>Dishonoured:2. My it's GoG Galaxy a lovely interface!

I'm not a fan of Galaxy. It's always been the most sluggish of
launchers, although that's probably because I've asked it to handle
not only my GOG library, but my Steam, Epic, UPlay and Origin
libraries as well. It insists on downloading the entire libraries
everytime I launch it and it's just so slow to do so. It's a good
idea, poorly implemented.

So instead, I just use Playnite for the same purpose.

Then I download the games directly from the GOG website, which has the
added benefit of giving me stand-alone installers. Which, after all,
is the biggest advantage of buying on GOG in the first place.

Re: Sorta-Free Games: Amazon Prime Gaming

<toufnv$1o6v8$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=10365&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#10365

From: now...@nochance.com (JAB)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2023 11:38:35 +0000
 by: JAB - Mon, 2 Jan 2023 11:38 UTC

On 31/12/2022 16:15, Spalls Hurgenson wrote:
> On Sat, 31 Dec 2022 11:45:10 +0000, JAB <noway@nochance.com> wrote:
>
>> On 27/12/2022 17:12, Spalls Hurgenson wrote:
>>> "Dishonored 2" is the acclaimed first-person stealth/action game, of
>>> course; the rest are classic - but still fun! - SNK/NeoGeo arcade
>>> games (shooters and brawlers, mostly).
>>
>> I'd forgotten about the Amazon extra give away so I nabbed
>> Dishonoured:2. My it's GoG Galaxy a lovely interface!
>
> I'm not a fan of Galaxy. It's always been the most sluggish of
> launchers, although that's probably because I've asked it to handle
> not only my GOG library, but my Steam, Epic, UPlay and Origin
> libraries as well. It insists on downloading the entire libraries
> everytime I launch it and it's just so slow to do so. It's a good
> idea, poorly implemented.
>
> So instead, I just use Playnite for the same purpose.
>
> Then I download the games directly from the GOG website, which has the
> added benefit of giving me stand-alone installers. Which, after all,
> is the biggest advantage of buying on GOG in the first place.

It almost got to the stage where I thought I'd have to google how to
install a game!

computers / comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action / Re: Sorta-Free Games: Amazon Prime Gaming