https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=10367&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#10367

From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Thu, 26 May 2022 23:32:20 +0100
 by: Andy Burnelli - Thu, 26 May 2022 22:32 UTC

Chris wrote:

>> because email is silent.
>
> Unless you've got notifications turned on ;)

Apple is brilliant at "quietly" increasing their profits at your loss.

Apple is sleazy even when they do things that intelligent people know
about, where I suspect Apple knows that they make their money off fools.

An example is the FCC asked Apple to re-enable the hidden FM radio in the
iPhones prior to the iPhone 7, and Apple _refused_ that safety request.

The reason why showed up soon, when Apple _removed_ the "antenna port",
which is likely the real reason Apple refused the FCC's safety request.

Since Apple couldn't quietly remove the antenna port even from the fools
who pack Apple's profits with bags of money, Apple then said it was a
"courageous" move for them to remove functionality at your expense.

Note that Apple likely plans years ahead in deciding what functionality to
remove (or "quietly" throttle) as in that well-documented FCC safety
request above; but intelligent people know about Apple quietly throttling
the Qualcomm modems in the iPhones so as to make them be the same slower
speeds as the non-Qualcomm modem iPhones of the same make and model.

The point is that Apple is "quiet" when they're making money at your
expense, where only the people who keep up on what Apple does, versus what
Apple merely says it does, would notice such things.
--
Most people who buy Apple products only know what Apple says they do
(and not in the least about what Apple actually does).

<t6ovss$d4q$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=10368&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#10368

From: nuh...@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Thu, 26 May 2022 15:44:42 -0700
 by: Alan - Thu, 26 May 2022 22:44 UTC

On 2022-05-26 3:32 p.m., Andy Burnelli wrote:
> Chris wrote:
>
>>> because email is silent.
>>
>> Unless you've got notifications turned on ;)
>
> Apple is brilliant at "quietly" increasing their profits at your loss.

Apple is charging just what they think people will pay.

> Apple is sleazy even when they do things that intelligent people know
> about, where I suspect Apple knows that they make their money off fools.
>
> An example is the FCC asked Apple to re-enable the hidden FM radio in the
> iPhones prior to the iPhone 7, and Apple _refused_ that safety request.

'Apple said Pai’s request wasn’t possible for its newest phones. “iPhone
7 and iPhone 8 models do not have FM radio chips in them nor do they
have antennas designed to support FM signals, so it is not possible to
enable FM reception in these products,” an Apple spokesperson said in a
statement. Apple seemed to indicate that it had no plans to enable FM
radio on older phones either, saying that the iPhone already includes
other safety features.'

> The reason why showed up soon, when Apple _removed_ the "antenna port",
> which is likely the real reason Apple refused the FCC's safety request.

> Since Apple couldn't quietly remove the antenna port even from the fools
> who pack Apple's profits with bags of money, Apple then said it was a
> "courageous" move for them to remove functionality at your expense.
>
> Note that Apple likely plans years ahead in deciding what functionality to
> remove (or "quietly" throttle) as in that well-documented FCC safety
> request above; but intelligent people know about Apple quietly throttling
> the Qualcomm modems in the iPhones so as to make them be the same slower
> speeds as the non-Qualcomm modem iPhones of the same make and model.
>
> The point is that Apple is "quiet" when they're making money at your
> expense, where only the people who keep up on what Apple does, versus what
> Apple merely says it does, would notice such things.

<yawn>

Did you keep yapping? Sorry, I dozed off.