From: spallshu...@gmail.com (Spalls Hurgenson)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Subject: HumbleChoice for January 2023
Date: Tue, 03 Jan 2023 20:06:19 -0500
 by: Spalls Hurgenson - Wed, 4 Jan 2023 01:06 UTC

This year's HumbleChoice selection starts with a boom... stick.

- Doom Eternal
- Tribes of Midgard
- Encased
- OlliOlli World Rad Edition
- Grow: Song of the Ever Tree
- Hokko Life
- The Serpent Rogue

Obviously "Doom Eternal" is the big-name game of the month, and a
welcome addition to my library it would be... if I didn't already own
it. Well, it's never to early to start stocking up for the 2023
c.s.i.p.g.a give-away (and the 60% off coupons for the Doom Eternal
DLC is welcome). "Entombed" looks nice enough, for a top-down
action/RPG (not my favorite sort of game, but I get some enjoyment out
of them). I'm less sanguine about "Tribes of Midgard", a top-down
co-op action/survival title, but I suppose some might like it. The
rest seem to be filler; the usual assortment of low-cost Indie games
that may or may not be good but I don't really care about either way.

Minus the coupons, I might actually have skipped this month's
selection, since the offerings - other than "Doom Eternal" which, as I
said, I already own - aren't incredibly appealing. But since the
coupons alone offset the price of the bundle, I think I'll grab it.
And if you've don't own "Doom Eternal" but have waiting for the right
time... well, this bundle might be the moment.

(or, you know, just wait until December 2023 when I throw the key out
to you wolves ;-)