From: adm...@sec3.net (SEC3)
Subject: Ping Tncmm
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2021 12:22:26 -0500
 by: SEC3 - Sat, 13 Nov 2021 17:22 UTC

Hello Grant.

FYI, it looks like your DKIM signing for your domain tnetconsulting.net
is not working properly. See this pastebin from Orange's mail log:

<https://www.toptal.com/developers/hastebin/raw/ezapefipof>

--
SEC3

YAMN Tutorials - https://sec3.net/yamnhelp

Re: Ping Tncmm

<smot6r$hl9$1@tncsrv09.home.tnetconsulting.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=10431&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#10431

From: gtay...@tnetconsulting.net (Grant Taylor)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
Subject: Re: Ping Tncmm
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2021 10:32:32 -0700
 by: Grant Taylor - Sat, 13 Nov 2021 17:32 UTC

On 11/13/21 10:22 AM, SEC3 wrote:
> Hello Grant.

Hi SEC3,

> FYI, it looks like your DKIM signing for your domain tnetconsulting.net
> is not working properly. See this pastebin from Orange's mail log:

Hum.

I'm looking into it.

I've not made any changes in quite a while. And to the best of my
knowledge, things have been working for quite a while.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die

Re: Ping Tncmm

<smotvs$aqr$1@tncsrv09.home.tnetconsulting.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=10432&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#10432

From: gtay...@tnetconsulting.net (Grant Taylor)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2021 10:45:52 -0700
 by: Grant Taylor - Sat, 13 Nov 2021 17:45 UTC

On 11/13/21 10:32 AM, Grant Taylor wrote:
> I'm looking into it.
>
> I've not made any changes in quite a while.  And to the best of my
> knowledge, things have been working for quite a while.

I just tested my outgoing DKIM signatures through three different systems:

1) AppMailDev (https://appmaildev.com)
2) Gmail
3) my own server sending to a remote loopback address I don't host

My outgoing DKIM signature was validated by all three systems without
any problem.

No offense to Orant's operator (I don't recall who that is at the
moment) but without any other corroborating evidence, I'm going to
choose to believe that the problem is on Orange.

There is a chance that Orange is working properly and has settings that
are more stringent than my server is sending with. I don't know. But
that seems like an Orange configuration issue to me. If that is the
problem, I'm happy to discuss and consider raising my settings /
signature level.

I'm seeing an average of > 18k messages per day passing through tncmm's
MTA and this is the first / single / only report of a problem. If you
have more corroborating evidence of a problem, please share it.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die

Re: Ping Tncmm

<A8TjJ.22484$Nq65.7454@fx03.ams1>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=10433&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#10433

From: adm...@sec3.net (SEC3)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2021 13:06:24 -0500
 by: SEC3 - Sat, 13 Nov 2021 18:06 UTC

On 2021-11-13 12:45 p.m., Grant Taylor wrote:
> On 11/13/21 10:32 AM, Grant Taylor wrote:
>> I'm looking into it.
>>
>> I've not made any changes in quite a while.  And to the best of my
>> knowledge, things have been working for quite a while.
>
> I just tested my outgoing DKIM signatures through three different systems:
>
> 1)  AppMailDev (https://appmaildev.com)
> 2)  Gmail
> 3)  my own server sending to a remote loopback address I don't host
>
> My outgoing DKIM signature was validated by all three systems without
> any problem.
>
> No offense to Orant's operator (I don't recall who that is at the
> moment) but without any other corroborating evidence, I'm going to
> choose to believe that the problem is on Orange.
>
> There is a chance that Orange is working properly and has settings that
> are more stringent than my server is sending with.  I don't know.  But
> that seems like an Orange configuration issue to me.  If that is the
> problem, I'm happy to discuss and consider raising my settings /
> signature level.
>
> I'm seeing an average of > 18k messages per day passing through tncmm's
> MTA and this is the first / single / only report of a problem.  If you
> have more corroborating evidence of a problem, please share it.

If you're satisfied that there is no problem I am happy.

I have only recently begun using DKIM myself. I now use it at sec3.net
and mixport.net (orange remailer). It's very possible that I haven't
configured my DKIM/Postfix correctly and this is producing the error
message.

Know that while I am seeing error messages at orange this has not
affected delivery from/to tnetconsulting.net which continues to work as
it should.

--
SEC3

YAMN Tutorials - https://sec3.net/yamnhelp

Re: Ping Tncmm

<smpkqr$1cb$1@tncsrv09.home.tnetconsulting.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=10442&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#10442

From: gtay...@tnetconsulting.net (Grant Taylor)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2021 17:15:43 -0700
 by: Grant Taylor - Sun, 14 Nov 2021 00:15 UTC

On 11/13/21 11:06 AM, SEC3 wrote:
> If you're satisfied that there is no problem I am happy.

I want to think that tncmm is working like it should be. But I'm always
eager to investigate and fix problems.

> I have only recently begun using DKIM myself. I now use it at sec3.net
> and mixport.net (orange remailer). It's very possible that I haven't
> configured my DKIM/Postfix correctly and this is producing the error
> message.

I'm happy to swap notes, test things, poke each other's servers with a
stick, if you want to.

> Know that while I am seeing error messages at orange this has not
> affected delivery from/to tnetconsulting.net which continues to work as
> it should.

My primary concern is that email is flowing like it needs to.

It's sort of difficult to diagnose without more details. -- Let me
know if you want to dig more.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die