From: ant...@zimage.comANT (Ant)
Subject: Apple wins for its highlighted texts to speech to talk in their software.
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.apps,comp.sys.mac.software,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.sys.mac.systems,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Fri, 08 Sep 2023 19:16:48 +0000
 by: Ant - Fri, 8 Sep 2023 19:16 UTC

Apple wins for its highlighted texts to speech to talk in their
software. Windows 10's Narrator sucks. It doesn't even let you highlight
texts to speak outloud. :( Apple made it SO easy in macOS and iOS. I still
haven't found any offline (no Internet) free third party apps that can
do it easily and simple. Apple wins this part for me. :)
--
"Nobody should seek his own good, but the good of others." --1 Corinthians 10:24. Dang old bodies, sprinklers, humans, companies, colony, etc.
| |o o| |

Re: Apple wins for its highlighted texts to speech to talk in their software.

<udg3e7$t6a5$1@novabbs.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1044&group=comp.sys.mac.apps#1044

From: patr...@oleary.com (Patrick)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.apps,comp.sys.mac.system,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Sat, 9 Sep 2023 05:25:36 +0800
 by: Patrick - Fri, 8 Sep 2023 21:25 UTC

On Fri, 08 Sep 2023 19:16:48 +0000, Ant wrote:
> Apple wins for its highlighted texts to speech to talk in their
> software.

Does Apple's iOS have an app that speaks an entire PDF file?
--
The kind of PDF that has text - not the image-kind of PDF file.

Re: Apple wins for its highlighted texts to speech to talk in their software.

<080920231735338323%nospam@nospam.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1045&group=comp.sys.mac.apps#1045

From: nos...@nospam.invalid (nospam)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.apps,comp.sys.mac.system,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Fri, 08 Sep 2023 17:35:33 -0400
 by: nospam - Fri, 8 Sep 2023 21:35 UTC

In article <udg3e7$t6a5$1@novabbs.org>, Patrick <patrick@oleary.com>
wrote:

> > Apple wins for its highlighted texts to speech to talk in their
> > software.
>
> Does Apple's iOS have an app that speaks an entire PDF file?

that functionality is an integral part of ios itself. no app required.