"The medium is the message." -- Marshall McLuhan

computers / comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action / I posted about a free game, Friday the 13th puzzle, did it show up?

SubjectAuthor
* I posted about a free game, Friday the 13th puzzle, did it show up?Zaghadka
+- Re: I posted about a free game, Friday the 13th puzzle, did it show up?Anssi Saari
+- Re: I posted about a free game, Friday the 13th puzzle, did it show up?Mike S.
+- Re: I posted about a free game, Friday the 13th puzzle, did it show up?Spalls Hurgenson
+* Re: I posted about a free game, Friday the 13th puzzle, did it showDimensional Traveler
|`- Re: I posted about a free game, Friday the 13th puzzle, did it showJAB
`- Re: I posted about a free game, Friday the 13th puzzle, did it showMetal Guru

1
I posted about a free game, Friday the 13th puzzle, did it show up?

<64iash16u3hpe8nnh9gl0ssj12bcjbbole@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=10479&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#10479

From: zagha...@hotmail.com (Zaghadka)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Subject: I posted about a free game, Friday the 13th puzzle, did it show up?
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2023 06:53:28 -0600
 by: Zaghadka - Mon, 16 Jan 2023 12:53 UTC

Eternal September threw up an error when I tried to post, so I did it
through an alternate news provider. It turned up in Google Groups, but
still doesn't show when I pull Eternal September.

Did everyone get the post?

--
Zag

West of House
There is a small mailbox here.

>read leaflet
"WELCOME TO USENET!

USENET is a game of adventure, danger,
and low cunning. In it you will
explore some of the most amazing
territory ever seen by mortals. No
computer should be without it!"

Re: I posted about a free game, Friday the 13th puzzle, did it show up?

<sm0bkmywrtf.fsf@lakka.kapsi.fi>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=10480&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#10480

From: as...@sci.fi (Anssi Saari)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2023 15:07:56 +0200
sha1:xA4eaMhg3YVMn3/Wjw/xKMB5jzs=
 by: Anssi Saari - Mon, 16 Jan 2023 13:07 UTC

Zaghadka <zaghadka@hotmail.com> writes:

> Eternal September threw up an error when I tried to post, so I did it
> through an alternate news provider. It turned up in Google Groups, but
> still doesn't show when I pull Eternal September.
>
> Did everyone get the post?

I don't see it on Eternal September either.

Re: I posted about a free game, Friday the 13th puzzle, did it show up?

<pvkashl6dephgktlh4tme9vt4qkpq0segu@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=10481&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#10481

From: Mik...@nowhere.com (Mike S.)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2023 08:43:16 -0500
 by: Mike S. - Mon, 16 Jan 2023 13:43 UTC

On Mon, 16 Jan 2023 06:53:28 -0600, Zaghadka <zaghadka@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>Eternal September threw up an error when I tried to post, so I did it
>through an alternate news provider. It turned up in Google Groups, but
>still doesn't show when I pull Eternal September.
>
>Did everyone get the post?

According to my provider, you posted yesterday, January 15th, at 3:35
PM EST about a free game.

Thank you for that post and the tip about the DLC as well.

Re: I posted about a free game, Friday the 13th puzzle, did it show up?

<h0vash9mpcpt5s6mvjkrj6ab9lda6hqd96@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=10483&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#10483

From: spallshu...@gmail.com (Spalls Hurgenson)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2023 11:39:40 -0500
 by: Spalls Hurgenson - Mon, 16 Jan 2023 16:39 UTC

wrote:

>Eternal September threw up an error when I tried to post, so I did it
>through an alternate news provider. It turned up in Google Groups, but
>still doesn't show when I pull Eternal September.
>
>Did everyone get the post?

I definitely didn't see it, didn't write a comment in reply to your
post, and didn't get the game (and DLC) you mentioned. I also didn't
see Ant's reply to your post either. I claim complete ignorance on the
entire matter. ;-)

But I know that it's always annoying when you write a post to Usenet
and for whatever reason it doesn't show up in your own newsfeed. And
even when people respond to it, you still end up wondering how far its
distribution actually went; did everyone see it, or just a select few?
It's a Scrhoedinger's Post, both existing and not existing at the same
time (usually this happens if I check for new posts too quickly after
posting).

And - as much as I like and even recommend Eternal September - they
are notoriously flakey. They're a good 'starter' Usenet provider for
people not sure they want Usenet, but not one I'd stick with for a
long time.

Re: I posted about a free game, Friday the 13th puzzle, did it show up?

<tq3v2g$2prtl$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=10484&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#10484

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Subject: Re: I posted about a free game, Friday the 13th puzzle, did it show
up?
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2023 08:47:13 -0800
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Mon, 16 Jan 2023 16:47 UTC

On 1/16/2023 4:53 AM, Zaghadka wrote:
> Eternal September threw up an error when I tried to post, so I did it
> through an alternate news provider. It turned up in Google Groups, but
> still doesn't show when I pull Eternal September.
>
> Did everyone get the post?

Eternal September was down over part of the weekend.

dirty old man.

Re: I posted about a free game, Friday the 13th puzzle, did it show up?

<ae183a1b-3126-788d-8ec4-f426c7d478df@TryAgainSpammer.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=10489&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#10489

From: MetalG...@TryAgainSpammer.com (Metal Guru)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
up?
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2023 23:20:47 -0500
 by: Metal Guru - Tue, 17 Jan 2023 04:20 UTC

On 1/16/2023 7:53 AM, Zaghadka wrote:
> Eternal September threw up an error when I tried to post, so I did it
> through an alternate news provider. It turned up in Google Groups, but
> still doesn't show when I pull Eternal September.
>
> Did everyone get the post?

https://i.imgur.com/4Ryt3or.png

:(

Re: I posted about a free game, Friday the 13th puzzle, did it show up?

<tq5odr$35ume$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=10491&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#10491

From: now...@nochance.com (JAB)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
up?
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2023 09:06:02 +0000
 by: JAB - Tue, 17 Jan 2023 09:06 UTC

On 16/01/2023 16:47, Dimensional Traveler wrote:
> On 1/16/2023 4:53 AM, Zaghadka wrote:
>> Eternal September threw up an error when I tried to post, so I did it
>> through an alternate news provider. It turned up in Google Groups, but
>> still doesn't show when I pull Eternal September.
>>
>> Did everyone get the post?
>>
> Eternal September was down over part of the weekend.

That would make sense as I didn't see the post until yesterday although
it was already on google groups. I've been using Eternal September for
about a year now since my ISP withdraw support for NG's and generally I
find it ok considering it's free. The issues I've had were a period
where you seem to have to start clicking on other threads before you
could make a post and my settings being lost so having to re-enter them.
For the latter it may not even have been the fault of ES but just one of
those things.

computers / comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action / I posted about a free game, Friday the 13th puzzle, did it show up?