From: MetalG...@TryAgainSpammer.com (Metal Guru)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Subject: IndieGala Free Games
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2023 23:09:20 -0500
 by: Metal Guru - Tue, 17 Jan 2023 04:09 UTC

Apologies if this has been posted before but I'm aware you guys love
freebies and I've just learned this site is currently offering six free
games. A couple of those look somewhat interesting but I have yet to try
a single one myself. And they are supposed to be DRM free as well. Enjoy.

https://freebies.indiegala.com/

PS: I did grab one of Spall's numerous games last month (can't remember
which one right now, KOTOR perhaps?) but wasn't able to thank him and
let you guys know it had been taken because I could not post to Usenet
due to technical difficulties at the time. Now I'm back to good ol'
Eternal September (and AIOE for backup just in case) so that won't
happen again.

So a heartfelt belated Thank You! to Mr. Hurgenson :)

Re: IndieGala Free Games

<f0da6154-af94-47c9-ad4a-d772bcfb6c07n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=10498&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#10498

Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2023 07:55:02 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: IndieGala Free Games
From: justis...@gmail.com (Justisaur)
 by: Justisaur - Tue, 17 Jan 2023 15:55 UTC

On Monday, January 16, 2023 at 8:09:28 PM UTC-8, Metal Guru wrote:
> Apologies if this has been posted before but I'm aware you guys love
> freebies and I've just learned this site is currently offering six free
> games. A couple of those look somewhat interesting but I have yet to try
> a single one myself. And they are supposed to be DRM free as well. Enjoy.
>
> https://freebies.indiegala.com/

Nothing really grabs me out of those and I've got high resistance to joining
anything new. *shrug*.

> PS: I did grab one of Spall's numerous games last month (can't remember
> which one right now, KOTOR perhaps?) but wasn't able to thank him and
> let you guys know it had been taken because I could not post to Usenet
> due to technical difficulties at the time. Now I'm back to good ol'
> Eternal September (and AIOE for backup just in case) so that won't
> happen again.
>
> So a heartfelt belated Thank You! to Mr. Hurgenson :)

Thanks for posting even late, things move slow here on usenet anyway.
You can always post from google groups as I do (I know extremely frowned
upon) when you have issues with other methods.

- Justisaur

Re: IndieGala Free Games

<lmidshpka7dibfq9ljfvvlreob11rls0ns@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=10500&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#10500

From: spallshu...@gmail.com (Spalls Hurgenson)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2023 11:25:02 -0500
 by: Spalls Hurgenson - Tue, 17 Jan 2023 16:25 UTC

On Mon, 16 Jan 2023 23:09:20 -0500, Metal Guru
<MetalGuru@TryAgainSpammer.com> wrote:

>Apologies if this has been posted before but I'm aware you guys love
>freebies and I've just learned this site is currently offering six free
>games. A couple of those look somewhat interesting but I have yet to try
>a single one myself. And they are supposed to be DRM free as well. Enjoy.
>
>https://freebies.indiegala.com/

Interesting selection.
* Last Horizon
https://freebies.indiegala.com/last-horizon
* Alone on Mars
https://freebies.indiegala.com/alone-on-mars
* Six Sides of the World
https://freebies.indiegala.com/six-sides-of-the-world
* Byte Family
https://freebies.indiegala.com/byte-family
* Nostradamus Last Prophecy
https://freebies.indiegala.com/nostradamus-the-last-prophecy
* Die Young: Prologue
https://freebies.indiegala.com/die-young-prologue

Some of them look interesting (even if all are quintessentially
Indie), but I've really no desire to create yet-another-account and
create yet-another-library for my video games, so I'm passing on
these. But thanks for the alert.

>So a heartfelt belated Thank You! to Mr. Hurgenson :)

I'll pass it on to him ;-)

Re: IndieGala Free Games

<tjjishlcu78u1582702lh2hek6kb8rlvck@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=10513&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#10513

From: Mik...@nowhere.com (Mike S.)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2023 09:07:57 -0500
 by: Mike S. - Thu, 19 Jan 2023 14:07 UTC

On Tue, 17 Jan 2023 11:25:02 -0500, Spalls Hurgenson
<spallshurgenson@gmail.com> wrote:

>Some of them look interesting (even if all are quintessentially
>Indie), but I've really no desire to create yet-another-account and
>create yet-another-library for my video games, so I'm passing on
>these. But thanks for the alert.

Yeah, if it isn't on GOG, Steam, Origin or Uplay, then I will likely
pass on it.

Re: IndieGala Free Games

<tqcj6f$bf3$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=10523&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#10523

From: MetalG...@TryAgainSpammer.com (Metal Guru)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2023 18:19:41 -0500
 by: Metal Guru - Thu, 19 Jan 2023 23:19 UTC

On 1/19/2023, Mike S. wrote:
> On Tue, 17 Jan 2023, Spalls Hurgenson wrote:
>
>> Some of them look interesting (even if all are quintessentially
>> Indie), but I've really no desire to create yet-another-account and
>> create yet-another-library for my video games, so I'm passing on
>> these. But thanks for the alert.
>
> Yeah, if it isn't on GOG, Steam, Origin or Uplay, then I will likely
> pass on it.

I wasn't going to bother either, but then I realized I already had an
account on that site (no idea why, though, but Chrome had my credentials
conveniently saved) so I couldn't resist the temptation of adding them
to my library.

Pretty painless really, and no stand alone client is needed to play any
of the games. Not that I will, mind you, but the real game here is
seeing those numbers grow in your libraries until they can't grow no
more - wonder how long that's going to take :)

computers / comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action / IndieGala Free Games