From: nob...@dizum.com (Nomen Nescio)
Subject: QSL and Yamn: Sure Wish Richard Was Around
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2021 12:52:05 +0100 (CET)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Nomen Nescio - Thu, 2 Dec 2021 11:52 UTC

Richard is gone and I am not aware of anyone maintaining the QSL code.

I'm thinking if Richard was still here, he would be able to incorporate
Yamn into QSL.

Yes, Omnimix to the rescue and it works great!! So we have a wonderful
solution.

But I'm thinking Yamn could be built into QSL, for those of us that do
use Yamn.

Re: QSL and Yamn: Sure Wish Richard Was Around

<3026e357-bb96-4aba-84a3-75898410e6dbn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=10589&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#10589

Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2021 07:32:34 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: QSL and Yamn: Sure Wish Richard Was Around
From: spam.tra...@gmail.com (Stefan Claas)
 by: Stefan Claas - Thu, 2 Dec 2021 15:32 UTC

On Thursday, December 2, 2021 at 12:52:07 PM UTC+1, Nomen Nescio wrote:
> Richard is gone and I am not aware of anyone maintaining the QSL code.
>
> I'm thinking if Richard was still here, he would be able to incorporate
> Yamn into QSL.
>
> Yes, Omnimix to the rescue and it works great!! So we have a wonderful
> solution.
>
> But I'm thinking Yamn could be built into QSL, for those of us that do
> use Yamn.

Hi,

YAMN would work with QSL, for sure, but you have noticed we have
no new programmers here in a.p.a-s and if, the question would be
if they would like to spend their time as maintainer for QSL.

If you are able to communicate such a project with programmers on fivver.com,
for example, and are willing to spend money for this project then you would
have a solution. Tricky part is here if you hire a programmer, let's say from
the United States or Europe where you can discuss every detail, their rates
are higher than for example programmers from India etc. which have mostly
good English skill, but are not so good at understanding things.

Regards
Stefan

Re: QSL and Yamn: Sure Wish Richard Was Around

<2332c86a-0684-419d-b976-bc6f1158f761n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=10590&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#10590

Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2021 08:34:28 -0800 (PST)
From: spam.tra...@gmail.com (Stefan Claas)
 by: Stefan Claas - Thu, 2 Dec 2021 16:34 UTC

On Thursday, December 2, 2021 at 4:32:35 PM UTC+1, Stefan Claas wrote:
> On Thursday, December 2, 2021 at 12:52:07 PM UTC+1, Nomen Nescio wrote:
> > Richard is gone and I am not aware of anyone maintaining the QSL code.
> >
> > I'm thinking if Richard was still here, he would be able to incorporate
> > Yamn into QSL.
> >
> > Yes, Omnimix to the rescue and it works great!! So we have a wonderful
> > solution.
> >
> > But I'm thinking Yamn could be built into QSL, for those of us that do
> > use Yamn.
> Hi,
>
> YAMN would work with QSL, for sure, but you have noticed we have
> no new programmers here in a.p.a-s and if, the question would be
> if they would like to spend their time as maintainer for QSL.
>
> If you are able to communicate such a project with programmers on fivver.com,
> for example, and are willing to spend money for this project then you would
> have a solution. Tricky part is here if you hire a programmer, let's say from
> the United States or Europe where you can discuss every detail, their rates
> are higher than for example programmers from India etc. which have mostly
> good English skill, but are not so good at understanding things.

Best thing of course IMHO would be if we had professionals like Zax,
programming in Golang and then that the a.p.a-s community would
do a crowdfunding for a nice Golang GUI version. There are pretty
cool GUI libraries available for Golang.

Regards
Stefan

Re: QSL and Yamn: Sure Wish Richard Was Around

<cf9d7a5a3cbc3fa7a9e641a0c4776800@remailer.paranoici.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=10592&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#10592

From: nob...@remailer.paranoici.org (Anonymous)
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2021 19:48:01 +0100 (CET)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Anonymous - Thu, 2 Dec 2021 18:48 UTC

Stefan Claas <spam.trap.usenet@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Thursday, December 2, 2021 at 4:32:35 PM UTC+1, Stefan Claas wrote:
>> On Thursday, December 2, 2021 at 12:52:07 PM UTC+1, Nomen Nescio wrote:
>> > Richard is gone and I am not aware of anyone maintaining the QSL code.
>> >
>> > I'm thinking if Richard was still here, he would be able to incorporate
>> > Yamn into QSL.
>> >
>> > Yes, Omnimix to the rescue and it works great!! So we have a wonderful
>> > solution.
>> >
>> > But I'm thinking Yamn could be built into QSL, for those of us that do
>> > use Yamn.
>> Hi,
>>
>> YAMN would work with QSL, for sure, but you have noticed we have
>> no new programmers here in a.p.a-s and if, the question would be
>> if they would like to spend their time as maintainer for QSL.
>>
>> If you are able to communicate such a project with programmers on fivver.com,
>> for example, and are willing to spend money for this project then you would
>> have a solution. Tricky part is here if you hire a programmer, let's say from
>> the United States or Europe where you can discuss every detail, their rates
>> are higher than for example programmers from India etc. which have mostly
>> good English skill, but are not so good at understanding things.
>
>Best thing of course IMHO would be if we had professionals like Zax,
>programming in Golang and then that the a.p.a-s community would
>do a crowdfunding for a nice Golang GUI version. There are pretty
>cool GUI libraries available for Golang.

Anyone trying to build OmniMix for Linux and OSX? Doesn't its
FreePascal/Lazarus IDE offers lots of cross compiling options?

Re: QSL and Yamn: Sure Wish Richard Was Around

<fe76f035-8ffc-414c-b8b8-3577e0f95497n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=10594&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#10594

Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2021 11:07:56 -0800 (PST)
From: spam.tra...@gmail.com (Stefan Claas)
 by: Stefan Claas - Thu, 2 Dec 2021 19:07 UTC

On Thursday, December 2, 2021 at 7:48:04 PM UTC+1, Anonymous wrote:
> Stefan Claas <spam.tra...@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> YAMN would work with QSL, for sure, but you have noticed we have
> >> no new programmers here in a.p.a-s and if, the question would be
> >> if they would like to spend their time as maintainer for QSL.
> >>
> >> If you are able to communicate such a project with programmers on fivver.com,
> >> for example, and are willing to spend money for this project then you would
> >> have a solution. Tricky part is here if you hire a programmer, let's say from
> >> the United States or Europe where you can discuss every detail, their rates
> >> are higher than for example programmers from India etc. which have mostly
> >> good English skill, but are not so good at understanding things.
> >
> >Best thing of course IMHO would be if we had professionals like Zax,
> >programming in Golang and then that the a.p.a-s community would
> >do a crowdfunding for a nice Golang GUI version. There are pretty
> >cool GUI libraries available for Golang.
> Anyone trying to build OmniMix for Linux and OSX? Doesn't its
> FreePascal/Lazarus IDE offers lots of cross compiling options?

Well, I have not tried because I am not interested in and what I
observe, all cool crypto things nowadays are either written in
Golang or Rust. Young people, which would be desperately
needed here, IMHO, love these two programming languages
and I strongly doubt one could convince them to learn old
school Pascal, or C(++) etc.

(Hope for a.p.a-s that I am wrong)

Regards
Stefan