Subject: Preview your gnuplot figures in VS Code
From: fizzybreezy
Newsgroups: comp.graphics.apps.gnuplot
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2020 06:10 UTC
Newsgroups: comp.graphics.apps.gnuplot
Date: Sun, 8 Mar 2020 23:10:20 -0700 (PDT)
From: hiiiid...@gmail.com (fizzybreezy)
Hello,

I developed a VS Code extension to preview gnuplot figures when editing it and I want to share it with you to boost your work.

Here is the link : https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=fizzybreezy.gnuplot

And here is the source code : https://github.com/fizzybreezy/vscode-gnuplot

To active preview, just use command `gnuplot.view` or hotkey `ctrl(cmd) + alt +v` when editing gnuplot scripts ( *.gnuplot, *.gnu, *.plot, *.plt, *.gp ).The preview panel will auto refresh when you change your script and switch editor windows between scripts.

Enjoy this extension and welcome to help me improve it by post issues and pull request.

fizzybreezy

Subject: Re: Preview your gnuplot figures in VS Code
From: Cristian Camilo Meji
Newsgroups: comp.graphics.apps.gnuplot
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2020 02:41 UTC
Newsgroups: comp.graphics.apps.gnuplot
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2020 19:41:39 -0700 (PDT)
From: cc.me...@gmail.com (Cristian Camilo Mejia)
View all headers
Hi man!
This sounds great for me. But, to be honest, I do not have idea of VS Code. I have installed VS Code on mac then I have installed the extension. However, still I can’t realize what do you mean with "Make sure you have added the directory containing gnuplot binary to PATH environment variable and restart VS Code before using this extension.” How can I do that...? There exist an ini file for VS Code? Where is it?
Thanks in advance,
Crist.

From: hiiiid...@gmail.com
Newsgroups: comp.graphics.apps.gnuplot
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2020 10:55 UTC
Newsgroups: comp.graphics.apps.gnuplot
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2020 03:55:32 -0700 (PDT)
From: hiiiid...@gmail.com
在 2020年3月10日星期二 UTC+8上午10:41:41,Cristian Camilo Mejia写道:
[...]

hi crist,

well, I didn't test this extension on mac and I am not familiar with mac. I'll try to give some advice.

1. just open a gnuplot script in VS Code and open the preview panel by pressing `cmd + alt +v` ,change and save your script(do not `set terminal` and `set output`),see if the extension is worked.

2. if not, reinstall gnuplot with brew and restart vscode(maybe also your computer). here is tutorial, https://gist.github.com/scuxiayiqian/c8ea9452f86dc1918de92b136e772c80

Hopefully this will work for you, if you still have troubles, fell free to ask me and i'll try to help.

fizzy

From: Cristian Camilo Meji
Newsgroups: comp.graphics.apps.gnuplot
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2020 14:34 UTC
Newsgroups: comp.graphics.apps.gnuplot
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2020 07:34:35 -0700 (PDT)
From: cc.me...@gmail.com (Cristian Camilo Mejia)
View all headers
Hi fizzy! It works!. It seems that my problem came from gnuplot/vscode: “Cannot find or open file”. In the script I have a line with set loadpath '../‘, which works well directly in gnuplot.

Thank you so much for your reply.
Best,
Crist.

From: hiiiid...@gmail.com
Newsgroups: comp.graphics.apps.gnuplot
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2020 08:25 UTC
Newsgroups: comp.graphics.apps.gnuplot
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2020 01:25:18 -0700 (PDT)
From: hiiiid...@gmail.com
在 2020年3月11日星期三 UTC+8下午10:34:38,Cristian Camilo Mejia写道:
[...]

I have published a patched version and now you can use lines like `loadpath '../'` .

cheers,
fizzy

From: Cristian Camilo Meji
Newsgroups: comp.graphics.apps.gnuplot
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2020 14:20 UTC
Newsgroups: comp.graphics.apps.gnuplot
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2020 07:20:22 -0700 (PDT)
From: cc.me...@gmail.com (Cristian Camilo Mejia)
On Thursday, March 12, 2020 at 3:25:20 AM UTC-5, hiii...@gmail.com wrote:
[...]

Dear fizzy,
Great! I will try it soon.
Thanks a lot,
Crist.

From: Nope Nope
Newsgroups: comp.graphics.apps.gnuplot
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2021 10:42 UTC
Newsgroups: comp.graphics.apps.gnuplot
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2021 03:42:01 -0700 (PDT)
From: b.erk...@gmail.com (Nope Nope)
torsdag 12 mars 2020 kl. 15:20:25 UTC+1 skrev Cristian Camilo Mejia:
[...]

Hi. Sorry for the inconvenience to responding to everyone but i couldn't contact/reply other than this: I have downloaded the preview extension for gnuplot code but when i try to run the preview command it fails and says "Gnuplot: Gnuplot: Preview Figure" and "command 'gnuplot.view' failed" i have set PATH to the gnuplot bin folder. Do you have any idea what could be done to fix this?