From: jsev...@mailfence.com (Jason Evans)
Newsgroups: news.admin.hierarchies,alt.fan.usenet
Subject: Internet Society Usenet SIG
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2021 14:01:46 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Jason Evans - Tue, 6 Jul 2021 14:01 UTC

Hi Everyone,

First of all, I want to say that this is mostly just a shot in the dark to
see if anyone is interested.

I would like to know if anyone would be interested in starting a SIG
(special interest group) with the Internet Society for Usenet. The goal of
the SIG would be for Usenet to have a place at the table with the Internet
Society and maybe be able to use it as a force to bring in new users who
want to use Usenet for it's original purpose instead of just for
"binaries". This would not be directly related to the B8MB. It would be
for users who want to be ambassadors for the Usenet.

It would probably be a bit of work to do this, but in the end, it could be
fun.

Finally, I apologize if this isn't the right newsgroup for this, but there
doesn't seem to be many "meta" discussion newsgroups about the Usenet as
a whole that are't completely dead.

Links: https://www.internetsociety.org/sigs/

Re: Internet Society Usenet SIG

<sq03js$a10$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=143&group=news.admin.hierarchies#143

From: ema...@example.com (meff)
Newsgroups: news.admin.hierarchies
Subject: Re: Internet Society Usenet SIG
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2021 20:59:40 -0000 (UTC)
 by: meff - Wed, 22 Dec 2021 20:59 UTC

On Tue, 6 Jul 2021 14:01:46 -0000 (UTC), Jason Evans wrote:

> I would like to know if anyone would be interested in starting a SIG
> (special interest group) with the Internet Society for Usenet. The goal
> of the SIG would be for Usenet to have a place at the table with the
> Internet Society and maybe be able to use it as a force to bring in new
> users who want to use Usenet for it's original purpose instead of just
> for "binaries". This would not be directly related to the B8MB. It would
> be for users who want to be ambassadors for the Usenet.

I'm curious what this work would entail.

- meff