Newsgroups: comp.ai.philosophy
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2023 10:13:51 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: A sort of Off Topic Comment, Cell Phone DANGERS
From: eagleson...@gmail.com (Douglas Eagleson)
 by: Douglas Eagleson - Sun, 12 Mar 2023 17:13 UTC

I have be meaning to post about RF dangers for awhile.
Back many many years ago I went to a public
conference on cell phone safety.

One speaker, an expert on medical on the
mortality subject held the position that hazards are
simply in evidence as seen my hospital visit.
A rather short sided position I concluded.

Another speaker spoke of the actual question
of energy deposited in the head. He said the antenna
junction with the circuit board leaked the most to the ear.
And said the the ear is a site with a couple of degree C
heating with no heating concern for the rest of the head.
The ear heating was determined by conscience all OK.

I remembered the topic of healthy worker distortion of
the risk statistics. In reality we have an issue with
ill people with significant fevers. A 105 deg F is a deadly
level but not uncommon. Here we have a case where
cell phone ear heating can tip the risk to cause a damaged ear.