From: walterjo...@invalid.nospam (Wally J)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.sys.mac.apps
Subject: Re: iOS 17.1 makes keyboard snappier and fixes bug that could cause image retention on iPhone
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2023 17:21:44 -0400
 by: Wally J - Wed, 18 Oct 2023 21:21 UTC

Alan Browne <bitbucket@blackhole.com> wrote

>> When it comes to new features, iOS 17.1 will allow users to finish
>> sending files via AirDrop using the internet connection when you or the
>> other person leaves AirDrop's range. The file will be silently uploaded
>> to Apple�s servers and then downloaded to the other person's device.
>
> Damn it Apple! Stop showing off the smooth integration in the Apple
> eco-system!
> It's embarrassing for the others!

I wonder if Alan Browne realizes _how_ Apple attains that "smooth
integration" (which, pssst... comes at the expense of 24/7 tracking).

It's a tradeoff.

Nothing you like about the walled garden works unless you're logged into
Apple's mothership tracking servers every second of every moment of your
life.

If you're willing to pay that price - then you & Apple are a perfect match.

Me?
I tried _not_ constantly logging into Apple's mothership tracking servers.

Guess what happened!
<https://i.postimg.cc/LXzB3Lc0/appleid01.jpg> Apple _forces_ a log in!
<https://i.postimg.cc/8k3GQyj4/appleid09.jpg> Apple tracks your activity
<https://i.postimg.cc/hhFNJ5mq/appleid010.jpg> Apps become non functional