From: ant...@zimage.comANT (Ant)
Subject: What are the best BRD software players in W10 & macOS v10.14.6?
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10,comp.sys.mac.apps,comp.sys.mac.misc,comp.sys.mac.software,comp.sys.mac.system
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2023 19:48:14 +0000
 by: Ant - Mon, 23 Oct 2023 19:48 UTC

Hello,

What are the best BRD software players in W10 & macOS v10.14.6? I tried
to do it for free with VLC MP, but geez it was complex and difficult. I
had it working once for Avatar 1 movie BRD and wasn't impressed. And
now, it doesn't work again. I read that I have to keep stuff updated.
Too much work and don't have time to play with it again like last time.
I just want a simple BRD player that can play USA's BRDs with menu
access too in my computers. I don't mind playing for the software
player (no subscriptions please).

Thank you for reading and hopefully answering soon. :)
--
"And having disarmed the powers and authorities, [Jesus] made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them by the cross." --Colossians 2:15. Finally cooler weather, but still 2 much Zs, allergies, poops, bumps, pains, bugs, bodies, etc.
| |o o| |

Re: What are the best BRD software players in W10 & macOS v10.14.6?

<uh792u$3k7h7$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1079&group=comp.sys.mac.apps#1079

From: winston...@gmail.com (...winston)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10,comp.sys.mac.apps,comp.sys.mac.misc,comp.sys.mac.software,comp.sys.mac.system
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2023 22:10:37 -0400
 by: ...winston - Tue, 24 Oct 2023 02:10 UTC

Ant wrote:
> Hello,
>
> What are the best BRD software players in W10 & macOS v10.14.6? I tried
> to do it for free with VLC MP, but geez it was complex and difficult. I
> had it working once for Avatar 1 movie BRD and wasn't impressed. And
> now, it doesn't work again. I read that I have to keep stuff updated.
> Too much work and don't have time to play with it again like last time.
> I just want a simple BRD player that can play USA's BRDs with menu
> access too in my computers. I don't mind playing for the software
> player (no subscriptions please).
>
> Thank you for reading and hopefully answering soon. :)

Software to play a BRD in your external BRD disc drive?
Software to play a BRD in a downloaded BRD file(i.e not disc in an
external drive)?
Software to stream to your pc a BRD version of an online source provided
and stored file?

Are you curently getting the same exact problems on both devices(Win10
and macOS)?
Were you using the same software program on Win10 and macOS?

In all my years of using Windows...the question of playing BRD has not
come up very often. All I can add at this point, not knowing to the
answers to the above questions so I can ask other colleagues/experts in
the media field, is the most common I've heard people using is Power DVD.

Not recommending PowerDVD, b/c I/we have a BRD compatible player
connected to the smart TV.

A quick check shows 3 different PowerDVD versions
Free, Standard, and Ultra
=> The latter two at this time are available for the same lifetime(no
subscription) cost. ~$60 U.S.

License(non subscription link)
<https://www.cyberlink.com/store/powerdvd-ultra/buy_en_US.html?affid=2581_1717_540>

--
....w¡ñ§±¤ñ

Re: What are the best BRD software players in W10 & macOS v10.14.6?

<mVSdnVOetu2jV6r4nZ2dnZfqn_qdnZ2d@earthlink.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1080&group=comp.sys.mac.apps#1080

From: ant...@zimage.comANT (Ant)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10,comp.sys.mac.apps,comp.sys.mac.misc,comp.sys.mac.software,comp.sys.mac.system
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2023 13:44:30 +0000
 by: Ant - Tue, 24 Oct 2023 13:44 UTC

In comp.sys.mac.software ...winston <winstonmvp@gmail.com> wrote:
> Ant wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > What are the best BRD software players in W10 & macOS v10.14.6? I tried
> > to do it for free with VLC MP, but geez it was complex and difficult. I
> > had it working once for Avatar 1 movie BRD and wasn't impressed. And
> > now, it doesn't work again. I read that I have to keep stuff updated.
> > Too much work and don't have time to play with it again like last time.
> > I just want a simple BRD player that can play USA's BRDs with menu
> > access too in my computers. I don't mind playing for the software
> > player (no subscriptions please).
> >
> > Thank you for reading and hopefully answering soon. :)
> >

> Software to play a BRD in your external BRD disc drive?
> Software to play a BRD in a downloaded BRD file(i.e not disc in an
> external drive)?
> Software to stream to your pc a BRD version of an online source provided
> and stored file?

Discs in both internal and external BRD drives.

> Are you curently getting the same exact problems on both devices(Win10
> and macOS)?

Yes, the encrypted discs. VLC MP keeps complaining about AACS and other stuff.

> Were you using the same software program on Win10 and macOS?

Yes, VLC MP.

> In all my years of using Windows...the question of playing BRD has not
> come up very often. All I can add at this point, not knowing to the
> answers to the above questions so I can ask other colleagues/experts in
> the media field, is the most common I've heard people using is Power DVD.

> Not recommending PowerDVD, b/c I/we have a BRD compatible player
> connected to the smart TV.

> A quick check shows 3 different PowerDVD versions
> Free, Standard, and Ultra
> => The latter two at this time are available for the same lifetime(no
> subscription) cost. ~$60 U.S.

Free? I didn't know PDVD went free. I will have to check that out.

> License(non subscription link)

> <https://www.cyberlink.com/store/powerdvd-ultra/buy_en_US.html?affid=2581_1717_540>

Thanks.
--
"Woe to those who go to great depths to hide their plans from the Lord, who do their work in darkness and think, 'Who sees us? Who will know?'" --Isaiah 29:15. Finally cooler weather. Dang old body with bad overnite Zs with coughs, leaks, pees, bumps, etc. Quiet Mon. wo Apple's updates, but finally got 2012 MBP's Boot Camp going with fast 64-bit W10 Home.
| |o o| |

Re: What are the best BRD software players in W10 & macOS v10.14.6?

<uh8j9c$3dj$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1081&group=comp.sys.mac.apps#1081

From: nos...@needed.invalid (Paul)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10,comp.sys.mac.apps,comp.sys.mac.misc,comp.sys.mac.software,comp.sys.mac.system
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2023 10:10:50 -0400
 by: Paul - Tue, 24 Oct 2023 14:10 UTC

On 10/24/2023 9:44 AM, Ant wrote:

> Free? I didn't know PDVD went free. I will have to check that out.

It comes with its own handcuffs.

It is a stretch to call it free, because you "need to set up an account".
At best it might be a trial.

Release Date: 2023-09-29
Free Software
File Size : 342.37 MB

Limitations

VC-1/H.264/Blu-ray format playback in the Essential version is limited to systems with hardware acceleration.
Does not support the playback of HEVC/H.265/VP9/Ultra HD Blu-ray/HDR Video content.
Does not support the playback of CPRM/DTCP-IP protected content.
Does not support CD audio ripping.
Does not support DSD audio.
Does not support TrueTheater HDR.
Does not support HEIF/HEIC photo file.

A CyberLink account is required. <=======

Video playback quality to media casting devices may be reduced due to hardware encoding limitations.

The following premium features unlocked for 30 days:
Video disc and ISO playback (Blu-ray, DVD)
AVCHD playback
Alpha MOV video playback
Media Casting to Roku, Fire TV, ChromeCast and Apple TV
Upload, Download, and Sharing media with CyberLink Cloud
TrueTheater Video and Audio enhancement
360 Video/Photo playback and VR headset support
Photo Face Recognition
YouTube content playback
Share media to Home Network
MoovieLive and Movie info
Advanced Audio codec and effects support
Video Mark In/Out
Convert Blu-ray/DVD to video file
Trim/Convert video to MP4/MP3/AAC
2GB of free storage in CyberLink Cloud (Media content in CyberLink Cloud
may be deleted when the trial expires)

I don't know what a person would do with just 2GB of storage.
Keep your recipe cards in there ?

Paul