From: darkwebb...@gmail.com (John David)
Newsgroups: alt.free.newsservers
Subject: MixMin Server
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2021 21:30:09 +0100
 by: John David - Sun, 11 Apr 2021 20:30 UTC

Is anybody still using MixMin server?�I can't get any messages in
"comp.lang.c"

Is it still working or has it closed down?

Re: MixMin Server

<s4vpha$bh3$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1081&group=alt.free.newsservers#1081

From: nos...@needed.invalid (Paul)
Newsgroups: alt.free.newsservers
Subject: Re: MixMin Server
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2021 17:26:01 -0400
 by: Paul - Sun, 11 Apr 2021 21:26 UTC

John David wrote:
> Is anybody still using MixMin server? I can't get any messages in
> "comp.lang.c"
>
> Is it still working or has it closed down?

Tested from my working setup, seems broken for
both post and fetch. When I tried to download CLC,
the LED flashed on the modem for quite a bit, but
there was no progress. My client shows no headers
were collected and stored.

This is not normal behavior for that setup.

If we were gambling, I'd say "broken hard drive"
or something. Because bits of it seem to be working,
but maybe if the storage portion is separated somehow,
it could just be the storage bit that isn't working.

I hope there is a backup image, and some way to restore.

Paul

Re: MixMin Server

<s5ff8h$jkd$1@news.mixmin.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1082&group=alt.free.newsservers#1082

From: spa...@flippers.com (John Robertson)
Newsgroups: alt.free.newsservers
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2021 14:08:56 -0600
 by: John Robertson - Sat, 17 Apr 2021 20:08 UTC

On 2021/04/11 3:26 pm, Paul wrote:

> John David wrote:
>> Is anybody still using MixMin server? I can't get any messages in
>> "comp.lang.c"
>>
>> Is it still working or has it closed down?
>
> Tested from my working setup, seems broken for
> both post and fetch. When I tried to download CLC,
> the LED flashed on the modem for quite a bit, but
> there was no progress. My client shows no headers
> were collected and stored.
>
> This is not normal behavior for that setup.
>
> If we were gambling, I'd say "broken hard drive"
> or something. Because bits of it seem to be working,
> but maybe if the storage portion is separated somehow,
> it could just be the storage bit that isn't working.
>
> I hope there is a backup image, and some way to restore.
>
> Paul

Seems to be working now.
John's Jukes Ltd.
(604)872-5757 (Pinballs, Jukes, Video Games)
www.flippers.com