If it's worth hacking on well, it's worth hacking on for money.

computers / comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action / Re: Crappy delivery service (was Re: [Amazon Prime] Free TES: Morrowind GOTY (GOG Key) and Onsen Master)

SubjectAuthor
* [Amazon Prime] Free TES: Morrowind GOTY (GOG Key) and Onsen MasterMetal Guru
+* Re: [Amazon Prime] Free TES: Morrowind GOTY (GOG Key) and OnsenJAB
|`* Re: [Amazon Prime] Free TES: Morrowind GOTY (GOG Key) and Onsen MasterAnt
| +* Re: [Amazon Prime] Free TES: Morrowind GOTY (GOG Key) and OnsenDimensional Traveler
| |+- Re: [Amazon Prime] Free TES: Morrowind GOTY (GOG Key) and Onsen MasterZaghadka
| |`* Re: [Amazon Prime] Free TES: Morrowind GOTY (GOG Key) and OnsenJAB
| | `- Re: [Amazon Prime] Free TES: Morrowind GOTY (GOG Key) and OnsenDimensional Traveler
| `- Re: [Amazon Prime] Free TES: Morrowind GOTY (GOG Key) and Onsen MasterZaghadka
+* Re: [Amazon Prime] Free TES: Morrowind GOTY (GOG Key) and Onsen MasterSpalls Hurgenson
|`* Re: [Amazon Prime] Free TES: Morrowind GOTY (GOG Key) and OnsenJAB
| +* Re: [Amazon Prime] Free TES: Morrowind GOTY (GOG Key) and Onsen MasterJustisaur
| |`* Re: [Amazon Prime] Free TES: Morrowind GOTY (GOG Key) and OnsenJAB
| | +* Crappy delivery service (was Re: [Amazon Prime] Free TES: MorrowindDimensional Traveler
| | |+* Re: Crappy delivery service (was Re: [Amazon Prime] Free TES:JAB
| | |`* Re: Crappy delivery service (was Re: [Amazon Prime] Free TES: Morrowind GOTY (GOZaghadka
| | | `- Re: Crappy delivery service (was Re: [Amazon Prime] Free TES:Dimensional Traveler
| | `* Re: [Amazon Prime] Free TES: Morrowind GOTY (GOG Key) and Onsen MasterSpalls Hurgenson
| |  +* Re: [Amazon Prime] Free TES: Morrowind GOTY (GOG Key) and OnsenDimensional Traveler
| |  |`* Re: [Amazon Prime] Free TES: Morrowind GOTY (GOG Key) and Onsen MasterAnt
| |  | `* Re: [Amazon Prime] Free TES: Morrowind GOTY (GOG Key) and Onsen MasterSpalls Hurgenson
| |  |  +- Re: [Amazon Prime] Free TES: Morrowind GOTY (GOG Key) and OnsenDimensional Traveler
| |  |  `- Re: [Amazon Prime] Free TES: Morrowind GOTY (GOG Key) and Onsen MasterAnt
| |  `- Re: [Amazon Prime] Free TES: Morrowind GOTY (GOG Key) and OnsenJAB
| `* Re: [Amazon Prime] Free TES: Morrowind GOTY (GOG Key) and OnsenDimensional Traveler
|  `- Re: [Amazon Prime] Free TES: Morrowind GOTY (GOG Key) and Onsen MasterAnt
`- Re: [Amazon Prime] Free TES: Morrowind GOTY (GOG Key) and Onsen MasterPW

Pages:12
Re: Crappy delivery service (was Re: [Amazon Prime] Free TES: Morrowind GOTY (GOG Key) and Onsen Master)

<kt0duhlpuia7q31i48q0eq4nal3a910c35@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=10824&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#10824

From: zagha...@hotmail.com (Zaghadka)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Subject: Re: Crappy delivery service (was Re: [Amazon Prime] Free TES: Morrowind GOTY (GOG Key) and Onsen Master)
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2023 11:51:14 -0600
 by: Zaghadka - Fri, 10 Feb 2023 17:51 UTC

On Sun, 5 Feb 2023 09:20:09 -0800, in comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,
Dimensional Traveler wrote:

>On 2/5/2023 3:19 AM, JAB wrote:
>>
>> Are ok, I which a bit confused as I thought Spalls was implying that
>> they did.
>>
>> I still have Amazon Prime although the reasoning has changed. Original
>> it wasn't the 'free' shipping that was the real selling point but
>> instead you could order something knowing when you had to have someone
>> in the house. That's all changed now as it's no longer always next day
>> and during COVID they sneaked in 'handed to customer' status means left
>> on doorstep, possibly. The worst case was it's been delivered and here's
>> a picture to prove it.
>
>This is now the standard procedure with ALL carriers (at least where I
>live). Which pisses me off since I work from home 90% of the time. I
>have reached the point where on days when I expect a delivery I tape a
>sign to my front door "Deliveries Please Ring Doorbell".
>
>And not all of them will even do that!

My daughter shared a joke with me:

UPS: Delivered carefully to your doorstep
USPS: Casually dropped on your doorstep
FedEx: Shot out of cannon onto your doorstep, after having been stomped
on and lit on fire

I can verify that this is true. I have received packages in WTF condition
from FedEx frequently.

--
Zag

No one ever said on their deathbed, 'Gee, I wish I had
spent more time alone with my computer.' ~Dan(i) Bunten

Re: Crappy delivery service (was Re: [Amazon Prime] Free TES: Morrowind GOTY (GOG Key) and Onsen Master)

<ts62qm$149d1$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=10826&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#10826

From: rri...@csclub.uwaterloo.ca (Ross Ridge)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Subject: Re: Crappy delivery service (was Re: [Amazon Prime] Free TES:
Morrowind GOTY (GOG Key) and Onsen Master)
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2023 18:36:06 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: rridge@csclub.uwaterloo.ca (Ross Ridge)
 by: Ross Ridge - Fri, 10 Feb 2023 18:36 UTC

Justisaur <justisaur@gmail.com> wrote:
>My wife's got a number of packages where they say that within the last year.
>None were handed to anyone in the house, a couple where tossed over the
>fence.

Things are apparently different in Canada. I've received three packages
recently as I've been slowly collecting the parts I need to build a
new PC, and I got a knock at the door for two them. Both required my
signature, though weirdly I had to use my finger. That was with two
different shippers, so I guess that's just how it's done now.

The third was dropped off at my door, without anyone knocking, but that's
how it was recorded in the tracking details. They were also nice enough
to place it out of sight where no one from the street could see it.
Not that it really mattered as I happened to see the delivery van pull
away so it only sat there for a minute. It was however the most expensive
package, two $160 hard drives, and the only one shipped from the US.

--
l/ // Ross Ridge -- The Great HTMU
[oo][oo] rridge@csclub.uwaterloo.ca

Re: Crappy delivery service (was Re: [Amazon Prime] Free TES: Morrowind GOTY (GOG Key) and Onsen Master)

<ts6a06$152ji$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=10828&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#10828

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Morrowind GOTY (GOG Key) and Onsen Master)
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2023 12:38:32 -0800
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Fri, 10 Feb 2023 20:38 UTC

On 2/10/2023 9:51 AM, Zaghadka wrote:
> On Sun, 5 Feb 2023 09:20:09 -0800, in comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,
> Dimensional Traveler wrote:
>
>> On 2/5/2023 3:19 AM, JAB wrote:
>>>
>>> Are ok, I which a bit confused as I thought Spalls was implying that
>>> they did.
>>>
>>> I still have Amazon Prime although the reasoning has changed. Original
>>> it wasn't the 'free' shipping that was the real selling point but
>>> instead you could order something knowing when you had to have someone
>>> in the house. That's all changed now as it's no longer always next day
>>> and during COVID they sneaked in 'handed to customer' status means left
>>> on doorstep, possibly. The worst case was it's been delivered and here's
>>> a picture to prove it.
>>
>> This is now the standard procedure with ALL carriers (at least where I
>> live). Which pisses me off since I work from home 90% of the time. I
>> have reached the point where on days when I expect a delivery I tape a
>> sign to my front door "Deliveries Please Ring Doorbell".
>>
>> And not all of them will even do that!
>
> My daughter shared a joke with me:
>
> UPS: Delivered carefully to your doorstep
> USPS: Casually dropped on your doorstep
> FedEx: Shot out of cannon onto your doorstep, after having been stomped
> on and lit on fire
>
> I can verify that this is true. I have received packages in WTF condition
> from FedEx frequently.

Some years ago I did a stint as a temporary "Driver Helper" for UPS
during the Christmas shipping season. During that time everyone at UPS
was cracking jokes about FedEx because a video had just been made public
of a FedEx driver throwing a couple of large TVs over a high fence onto
the receiver's driveway.

dirty old man.

Re: Crappy delivery service (was Re: [Amazon Prime] Free TES: Morrowind GOTY (GOG Key) and Onsen Master)

<tsain0$1om6g$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=10840&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#10840

From: now...@nochance.com (JAB)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Morrowind GOTY (GOG Key) and Onsen Master)
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2023 11:31:42 +0000
 by: JAB - Sun, 12 Feb 2023 11:31 UTC

On 10/02/2023 18:36, Ross Ridge wrote:
> Justisaur <justisaur@gmail.com> wrote:
>> My wife's got a number of packages where they say that within the last year.
>> None were handed to anyone in the house, a couple where tossed over the
>> fence.
>
> Things are apparently different in Canada. I've received three packages
> recently as I've been slowly collecting the parts I need to build a
> new PC, and I got a knock at the door for two them. Both required my
> signature, though weirdly I had to use my finger. That was with two
> different shippers, so I guess that's just how it's done now.
>
> The third was dropped off at my door, without anyone knocking, but that's
> how it was recorded in the tracking details. They were also nice enough
> to place it out of sight where no one from the street could see it.
> Not that it really mattered as I happened to see the delivery van pull
> away so it only sat there for a minute. It was however the most expensive
> package, two $160 hard drives, and the only one shipped from the US.

In the UK it seems to be linked to price so if it's high value then yes
a signature is required. Amazon even used to do it for anything if you
had a Prime subscription but I presume now they think it's just easier
to absorb any loses that happen.