From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Subject: Re: Using Android's Mock Location Setting to Watch TV Programming from Other Areas
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2022 15:08:33 +0100
 by: Andy Burnelli - Tue, 2 Aug 2022 14:08 UTC

nospam wrote:

>>> If the reason for the blackout is just to sell more local sporting event
>>> tickets then I perhaps commit the same fraud by using various methods to
>>> evade webpage ads while enjoying the content...
>>
>> Jorge is wrong of course�. Watching a broadcast television station's
>> stream, that the station provides at no cost, is hardly fraud.
>
> it is when you deliberately falsify your location to be able to see it.

Note that nospam, over the years... has called automatic call recording
fraud; he's called mock location fraud; he's called ad blocking fraud; he's
called youtube downloading fraud; he's called loading apps outside the app
store fraud; he's called torrenting operating systems fraud; he's called
using a different carrier on your iPhone than AT&T fraud; etc.

What's the common element in all of these?
*Everything that iOS can't do nospam calls "fraud" because he can't do it*

Every time nospam calls anything he can't figure out how to do on the
iPhone "fraud", it proves my assessment of these iKooks, that they...
a. Are of low IQ
b. Have nor education, and,
c. They _hate_ that iOS is crippled.

Further proof is this isn't the first time (nor will it be the last) that
nospam claims that anything that he can't figure out how to do, is "fraud".

For those who aren't of low IQ and who can comprehend facts, read this:
*What Are the Elements of Common Law Fraud?*
<https://www.robertdmitchell.com/common-law-fraud>

People with a low IQ & no education like nospam & Joerg are incapable of
comprehending that _every_ single one of those elements of fraud must exist
for it to be considered fraud.

Re: Using Android's Mock Location Setting to Watch TV Programming from Other Areas

<020820221332275987%nospam@nospam.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=10857&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#10857

From: nos...@nospam.invalid (nospam)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2022 13:32:27 -0400
 by: nospam - Tue, 2 Aug 2022 17:32 UTC

In article <tcbb48$j33$1@gioia.aioe.org>, Andy Burnelli
<spam@nospam.com> wrote:

> Note that nospam, over the years... has called automatic call recording
> fraud;

note that you continue to lie.

i never said that. what i said was that recording calls can violate
wiretap laws, depending on jurisdiction.

> he's called mock location fraud;

nope. what i said was spoofing location for the purpose of accessing
content that is otherwise unavailable is fraud.

there are other reasons to spoof location, which might be perfectly
fine. one example is when software developers test a location-aware
app.

> he's called ad blocking fraud;

nope, nor does that even make any sense. it is, however, theft of
services, since ads are how the content providers make money. by
blocking ads you are consuming content and denying compensation for the
provider. because of that, some sites request that ad blockers be
disabled to view the content.

> he's
> called youtube downloading fraud;

nope. what i said was that downloading videos from youtube violates
their terms of service, which is why google removes any app that can do
it. obviously there are numerous ways around that, but that doesn't
change the legality of it.

> he's called loading apps outside the app
> store fraud;

nope, nor does that make any sense. what i said was that sideloading
brings additional risk.

> he's called torrenting operating systems fraud;

nope. what i said was the nearly all torrenting is for illicit content,
such as porn, warez, movies, music, etc.

> he's called
> using a different carrier on your iPhone than AT&T fraud; etc.

nope, nor does that make any sense. anyone can use any carrier they
want, assuming the phone is unlocked. if the phone is locked, then
they'll need to first unlock it to use a foreign carrier.

as usual, you are lying, and in this case, quite a bit. everything you
said was bullshit.

Re: Using Android's Mock Location Setting to Watch TV Programming from Other Areas

<tcbobo$o1m$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=10859&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#10859

From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2022 18:54:26 +0100
 by: Andy Burnelli - Tue, 2 Aug 2022 17:54 UTC

nospam wrote:

>> Note that nospam, over the years... has called automatic call recording
>> fraud;
>
> note that you continue to lie.
>
> i never said that. what i said was that recording calls can violate
> wiretap laws, depending on jurisdiction

Everything you can't do on iOS, you call "illegal" nospam.
Why?

I don't know why.
I suspect you don't own the IQ or education to figure out how to do it.

It's not illegal in ANY jurisdiction under many cases, and in many
jurisdictions it's only illegal if both parties aren't advised, and in most
others only if one party (which can be you) doesn't give permission.

The fact is you've erroneously called automatic call recording illegal for
years, when it's not - simply because you _hate_ you can't do it.

>> he's called mock location fraud;
>
> nope. what i said was spoofing location for the purpose of accessing
> content that is otherwise unavailable is fraud.

The fact remains you call everything you _hate_ that you can't do on iOS
either "illegal" or "theft" or "fraud", where the fact remains that you
can't find even a _single_ court case in the USA backing up your claims.

Why?
I don't know why.

I suspect you don't own the IQ nor the education to understand case law.

> there are other reasons to spoof location, which might be perfectly
> fine. one example is when software developers test a location-aware
> app.

The reason I spoof my GPS location is for privacy.

Do you feel privacy should be against the law simply because you can't
figure out how to get location privacy on your beloved but crippled iPhone?

>> he's called ad blocking fraud;
>
> nope, nor does that even make any sense. it is, however, theft of
> services, since ads are how the content providers make money. by
> blocking ads you are consuming content and denying compensation for the
> provider. because of that, some sites request that ad blockers be
> disabled to view the content.

Again, what's common about you low IQ uneducated iKooks nospam is that
everything you can't do on iOS you consider illegal out of hand.

Why?
I don't know why.

I suspect you _hate_ your beloved but crippled iOS lacks functionality.

>> he's
>> called youtube downloading fraud;
>
> nope. what i said was that downloading videos from youtube violates
> their terms of service, which is why google removes any app that can do
> it. obviously there are numerous ways around that, but that doesn't
> change the legality of it.

We discussed this case (and every case above) for years, nospam, where you
don't have the IQ nor education to comprehend that there is no need to
agree to ANYTHING on the public Google YouTube pages just to view content.

You lack the IQ and education to comprehend that the source code, for
example, to YouTube Vanced, LibreTube, NewPipe, Invidious, et. al, is
published src which Google can't do a single thing about since it's legal.
<https://i.postimg.cc/2yYK4N0W/newpipe02.jpg>

Why don't you iKooks ever tell the truth for once, nospam?
*You simply _hate_ that iOS can't do _any_ of that basic functionality*

>> he's called loading apps outside the app
>> store fraud;
>
> nope, nor does that make any sense. what i said was that sideloading
> brings additional risk.

From your own posts, nospam, the best you can figure out for sideloading
IPAs on a non-jailbroken iPhone is a *classic Apple clusterfuck* that
allows a user to run an app for a day or two before the certificate expires
on them.

Meanwhile, with Android, you don't even need to sideload to use a FOSS
Google Play Store client that scrapes the EXACT same APKs that are on the
Google Play Store repository, along with plenty of other reputable open
source repositories (such as Auroa Droid scrapes, for example).
<http://auroraoss.com>

>> he's called torrenting operating systems fraud;
>
> nope. what i said was the nearly all torrenting is for illicit content,
> such as porn, warez, movies, music, etc.

What goes along with your low IQ and almost complete and total lack of
education nospam is we discussed at length the Malibu court cases in
particular, years ago, and you completely forgot what we found out.

Never in the history of the United States has a torrented movie been found
to be illegal when the defendant disputed the case.

Plenty have given up and paid a fee to the plaintiff, but not a single case
(other than the Malibu cases which were later thrown out of court and the
lawyers disbarred) has there ever been for applying US Copyright Law to
torrented movies.

I suspect you don't even understand why...
*Which is my point about you low-IQ uneducated iKooks, nospam.*

Case law is too complicated for your iKook brain to figure out, nospam.

Everything you are too stupid to do you don't understand why or how anyone
else can do it, which is why you claim everything you can't do is "theft".

>> he's called
>> using a different carrier on your iPhone than AT&T fraud; etc.
>
> nope, nor does that make any sense. anyone can use any carrier they
> want, assuming the phone is unlocked. if the phone is locked, then
> they'll need to first unlock it to use a foreign carrier.

You don't remember anything we discussed nospam years ago when I first
jailbroke an iPhone in order to get the AT&T iPhone to work on T-Mobile.

This is in keeping with my assessment that your IQ is low, nospam.

You can't remember your own conversations where you claimed jailbreaking a
phone in order to use it on another network was illegal.

> as usual, you are lying, and in this case, quite a bit. everything you
> said was bullshit.

The fact remains that everything you iKooks can't figure out how to do, you
claim is illegal or theft or fraud... even as you can't find even a single
US court case that backs up your claims.

What that means is either you don't own the IQ or education to understand
the complexities of the law, and, your entire belief system is imaginary.

Why?
I don't know why.

I suspect you _hate_ the crippled iPhone lacks the most basic of functionality.

Re: Using Android's Mock Location Setting to Watch TV Programming from Other Areas

<020820221428599521%nospam@nospam.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=10860&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#10860

From: nos...@nospam.invalid (nospam)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2022 14:28:59 -0400
 by: nospam - Tue, 2 Aug 2022 18:28 UTC

In article <tcbobo$o1m$1@gioia.aioe.org>, Andy Burnelli
<spam@nospam.com> wrote:

> Everything you can't do on iOS, you call "illegal" nospam.

false. why do you lie?

> I don't know why.

that much is clear.

> The reason I spoof my GPS location is for privacy.

what you fail to understand is that it doesn't accomplish that task,
and in fact, it does the *opposite*.

Re: Using Android's Mock Location Setting to Watch TV Programming from Other Areas

<tcbsaj$f9s$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=10862&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#10862

From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2022 20:02:05 +0100
 by: Andy Burnelli - Tue, 2 Aug 2022 19:02 UTC

nospam wrote:

>> Everything you can't do on iOS, you call "illegal" nospam.
>
> false. why do you lie?

For years, nospam, you've been claiming that anything you can't do on iOS
must be illegal... otherwise why can everyone else do it, but iOS users?

Note: Even the Mac does most of this stuff like Torrenting & Tor Browsers.
*It's just the stone-age iOS platform that is functionally crippled*

>> I don't know why.
>
> that much is clear.

It's a figure of speech because each time I say I don't know why, I provide
my assessment of why you claim everything you can't figure out how to do is
illegal.

Essentially, you iKooks are not like normal people.
You're more like those who vehemently claim the earth is flat.

There is no amount of reason that can change your mind because you have a
low IQ (which can't be solved) and you lack the education to understand US
case law.

*Hence, everything you can't figure out how to do, you say is illegal.*

>> The reason I spoof my GPS location is for privacy.
>
> what you fail to understand is that it doesn't accomplish that task,
> and in fact, it does the *opposite*.

You "say" that without any shred of proof, nospam.
No adult does that.

At least not any adult that owns an IQ that approaches that of normal.
This is one way I know you completely lack any formal education nospam.

An educated person would form a belief system underlain by at least 1 fact.

Re: Using Android's Mock Location Setting to Watch TV Programming from Other Areas

<030820221003284075%nospam@nospam.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=10868&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#10868

From: nos...@nospam.invalid (nospam)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2022 10:03:28 -0400
 by: nospam - Wed, 3 Aug 2022 14:03 UTC

In article <tcbsaj$f9s$1@gioia.aioe.org>, Andy Burnelli
<spam@nospam.com> wrote:

> >> Everything you can't do on iOS, you call "illegal" nospam.
> >
> > false. why do you lie?
>
> For years, nospam, you've been claiming that anything you can't do on iOS
> must be illegal... otherwise why can everyone else do it, but iOS users?

you continue to lie. i never said anything close to that.

> An educated person would form a belief system underlain by at least 1 fact.

given that you do not have any facts, then according to your own
metric, what does that make you?

Re: Using Android's Mock Location Setting to Watch TV Programming from Other Areas

<tcejar$17iq$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=10870&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#10870

From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2022 20:47:01 +0100
 by: Andy Burnelli - Wed, 3 Aug 2022 19:47 UTC

nospam wrote:

>> For years, nospam, you've been claiming that anything you can't do on iOS
>> must be illegal... otherwise why can everyone else do it, but iOS users?
>
> you continue to lie. i never said anything close to that.

What's consistent with you iKooks, nospam, is you don't remember your own
desperate excuses for the lack of functionality of the iOS platform.

For example, you claimed that automatic call recording was illegal.
And you claimed that torrenting was illegal.

For you to deny those claims that you've made so many times is what people
like you do who are _desperate_ to deny all that you _hate_ about Apple.

In this very thread you told Steve (via his response to Joerg) that him
falsifying his GPS location to watch TV was "fraud", did you not?

Yet, the real reason you made those desperate claims was simply that you
can't do them on the iOS platform like we can on all other platforms.

>> An educated person would form a belief system underlain by at least 1 fact.
>
> given that you do not have any facts, then according to your own
> metric, what does that make you?

The difference between you and me, nospam, is you forget all facts you
simply don't like.

While I readily assess you as the smartest of all the flat-earth type
iKooks (Alan Browne being a distant second), you still exhibit the same
lack-of-facts traits as the dumbest of them, most notably Alan Baker, where
you just proved yet again that you can't comprehend that any fact exists
which is outside your imaginary belief system.

For example, long ago we discussed with Alan Baker for scores of posts
(when I didn't have him plonked) that Apple acceoted criminal guilt for
throttling, and then, onkly a short while ago I saw in someone's resposne
to Alan, that he forgot all about those facts - just like you forget all
facts you simply don't like.

--
Posted out of the goodness of my heart to disseminate useful information,
much of which are facts that only someone like nospam would dispute.