From: spallshu...@gmail.com (Spalls Hurgenson)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Subject: FREE GAME: WARPIPS
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2023 11:11:07 -0500
 by: Spalls Hurgenson - Thu, 16 Feb 2023 16:11 UTC

Hey, I think I'm starting to get the hang of Thursdays! That's the day
we get a free game, right? Man, am I on top of things or what?!?

This week's freebie is:

* Warpips
https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/p/warpips-57e2c4
Not "Warpigs" like I originally thought (which was a not-very-good
artillery game from 2009; think "Worms" or "Scorched Earth", but
worse), but "Warpips", a not-very good tower-defense game. Well, maybe
that's not fair; I guess as a tower-defense game it's okay... it's
just that tower defense games don't rank very highly for me. It's
strategy-lite and fairly repetitive. It says something about the game
when one of their biggest selling points is "no microtransactions",
which is admirable but shouldn't be one of your biggest features. But
I guess when you look and play like a mobile game, you need to make
that sort of thing clear.

Is it worth grabbing? I'm not sure. If you're equally undecided, don't
worry; you have seven days to figure things out.

Re: FREE GAME: WARPIPS

<Fe2dnT4DpulrUXP-nZ2dnZfqnPqdnZ2d@earthlink.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=10869&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#10869

From: ant...@zimage.comANT (Ant)
Subject: Re: FREE GAME: WARPIPS
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2023 00:40:22 +0000
 by: Ant - Fri, 17 Feb 2023 00:40 UTC

Thanks. I took it. Tower Defense is OK for me, but it gets old.

--
"Anyone who receives instruction in the word must share all good things with his instructor." --Galatians 6:6. 5 days in a row wo napping due 2 another slammy week with da 3-body colony, <3, $, upgrades (hardwares this Sat?), winter, etc. Bad mawny with oversleeping, pooping into diaper before my bathroom, etc. Y R my pants falling so easily?
| |o o| |