From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Subject: Re: Using Android's Mock Location Setting to Watch TV Programming from Other Areas
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2022 21:00:46 +0100
 by: Andy Burnelli - Wed, 3 Aug 2022 20:00 UTC

nospam wrote:

>>> I can get lots of pirate stuff on Usenet.
>>>
>>> Is this a fraud or theft?
>>
>> Theft.
>
> nope. it's copyright infringement.

Every single time nospam denies facts like a flat earther does, he shows
his true colors... <https://www.copyright.gov/fair-use/more-info.html>

It's tiresome to hear low-IQ no-education idiots like nospam claim that
merely downloading stuff is "copyright infringement" when Google supplies
_entire_ books (random pages obfuscated) and that's NOT copyright
infringement, nor are a billion other "fair use" downloads of copyrighted
material. <https://ogc.harvard.edu/pages/copyright-and-fair-use>

The problem with people like nospam is...
a. They don't own the IQ to comprehend copyright law contains tenets
b. All of which must exist for it to be considered copyright infringement
<https://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/fair-use-rule-copyright-material-30100.html>

In summary, it's no longer shocking that these low-IQ no-education iKooks
can't comprehend something even as simple as fair use copyright tenets.

>>> IMO they likely all are in varying degrees...
>>
>> Not true.
>
> it is true.

It's no longer shocking why I lump people like nospam with only a score of
IQ points below normal with those like Alan Baker with scores below normal.

Every single thing nospam claims is easily shown to be completely false.

The question is why?

The answer seems to be that nospam is _desperate_ to claim that everything
he can't figure out how to do on iOS (but not on the mac!) is illegal.

>> Using a mock location to watch free programming from another geographic
>> areas is neither fraud nor theft.
>
> falsifying credentials to obtain goods or services is fraud.

As with Alan Baker and the rest of the iKooks, it is no longer shocking
that you can tell nospam a hundred times that fraud ALWAYS requires
MULTIPLE tenets to exist, only one of which is obtaining the goods or
services, and yet, he just doesn't own the IQ nor education to comprehend.
<https://www.robertdmitchell.com/common-law-fraud>

>> The provider is certainly able to put
>> their programming behind a paywall if they don't want out of area
>> viewers.
>
> irrelevant.

An _adult_ would comprehend what Steve's argument is.
Not an iKook.

The only thing an iKook like nospam cares about is to defend the huge
crippling flaws in the iOS platform to the point of declaring that every
functionality that nospam _hates_ doesn't exist on iOS must be illegal.

>> But since that would reduce the number of viewers, they don't
>> want to do that since there's a financial benefit to them by increasing
>> the number of viewers. They couldn't care less if someone from another
>> area wants to watch.
>
> actually, they do, mainly due to licensing requirements.
> this is most commonly seen with sports.

Fraud requires a whole bunch of things to exist for it to be fraud.
Just watching the sports events in and of itself is not fraud.

It's no longer surprising that nospam can't comprehend that fact.

All the iKooks suffer from the same three debilitations...
1. They have a low IQ
2. None have any education in legal matters
3. All defend every flaw in Apple products to the death
--
Posted out of the goodness of my heart to disseminate useful information
which, in this case, is to prove that everything nospam says is just wrong

Re: Using Android's Mock Location Setting to Watch TV Programming from Other Areas

<tcensm$2unv2$1@news.mixmin.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=10872&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#10872

From: cri...@removespam.me.com (cris)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2022 18:34:48 -0230
 by: cris - Wed, 3 Aug 2022 21:04 UTC

On 03/08/2022 21:00, Andy Burnelli wrote:

> [...]
> crippling flaws in the iOS platform to the point of declaring that every
> functionality that nospam _hates_ doesn't exist on iOS must be illegal.
>
>>> But since that would reduce the number of viewers, they don't
>>> want to do that since there's a financial benefit to them by increasing
>>> the number of viewers. They couldn't care less if someone from another
>>> area wants to watch.
>>
>> actually, they do, mainly due to licensing requirements.
>> this is most commonly seen with sports.
>
> Fraud requires a whole bunch of things to exist for it to be fraud.
> Just watching the sports events in and of itself is not fraud.
>
> It's no longer surprising that nospam can't comprehend that fact.
>
> All the iKooks suffer from the same three debilitations...
> 1. They have a low IQ
> 2. None have any education in legal matters
> 3. All defend every flaw in Apple products to the death

If you filtered out what you call the ikooks, there'd be nobody left here
but you and maybe two or three other people who aren't Apple nutcases.

Re: Using Android's Mock Location Setting to Watch TV Programming from Other Areas

<030820221734438544%nospam@nospam.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=10873&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#10873

From: nos...@nospam.invalid (nospam)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2022 17:34:43 -0400
 by: nospam - Wed, 3 Aug 2022 21:34 UTC

In article <tcek4k$1hgr$1@gioia.aioe.org>, Andy Burnelli
<spam@nospam.com> wrote:

> >> Theft.
> >
> > nope. it's copyright infringement.
>
> Every single time nospam denies facts like a flat earther does, he shows
> his true colors... <https://www.copyright.gov/fair-use/more-info.html>

pirating stuff from usenet (or elsewhere) is not in any way fair use.

fair use is a *defense*, not an excuse to intentionally pirate.

put down the shovel before you dig yourself an even deeper hole.

Re: Using Android's Mock Location Setting to Watch TV Programming from Other Areas

<tcf6rj$1l81$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=10874&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#10874

From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2022 02:20:13 +0100
 by: Andy Burnelli - Thu, 4 Aug 2022 01:20 UTC

nospam wrote:

>>> nope. it's copyright infringement.
>>
>> Every single time nospam denies facts like a flat earther does, he shows
>> his true colors... <https://www.copyright.gov/fair-use/more-info.html>
>
> pirating stuff from usenet (or elsewhere) is not in any way fair use.
>
> fair use is a *defense*, not an excuse to intentionally pirate.
>
> put down the shovel before you dig yourself an even deeper hole.

Yet again, nospam, you prove you have a substandard IQ and no education.
*What's amazing is that you are actually the _smartest_ of the iKooks!*

It's interesting that you iKooks always form a VERY STRONG belief system
based on essentially zero actual facts, and even when facts are involved,
you iKooks don't own the IQ nor the education to comprehend complexities.

For example, you know I substitute teach STEM classes at the local schools
and yet you are likely completely unaware that the actual _use_ that you
put a copyrighted material to is a key part of some of the fair use tenets.

Hence, I could download a specific file and in one use it's copyright
infringement, and yet, in an educational use - it would likely not be.

Yet that trivially simple example completely eludes you strange iKooks.
Why?

I suspect you simply _hate_ that your beloved iOS is so crippled that it
can't do any of these functionality things that every other platform does.

Hence, speaking of a "defense", you defend the stone-age primitive crippled
iOS at all costs, claiming everything you can't do on iOS must be illegal.

As I study you iKooks (because I've never met people like you in all my
decades of working in Silicon Valley and going to the finest schools in the
country), I find that _every_ statement from you reeks of your low IQ and
almost complete lack of education nospam - since that's a trivial example.

It's no longer shocking you don't own the IQ nor education to comprehend
even that most trivial of simple examples that the _use_ also matters.
--
Posted out of the goodness of my heart to disseminate useful information,
which in this case is to understand why iKooks like nospam can't comprehend

Re: Using Android's Mock Location Setting to Watch TV Programming from Other Areas

<040820220501003422%nospam@nospam.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=10875&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#10875

From: nos...@nospam.invalid (nospam)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Thu, 04 Aug 2022 05:01:00 -0400
 by: nospam - Thu, 4 Aug 2022 09:01 UTC

In article <tcf6rj$1l81$1@gioia.aioe.org>, Andy Burnelli
<spam@nospam.com> wrote:

> >> Every single time nospam denies facts like a flat earther does, he shows
> >> his true colors... <https://www.copyright.gov/fair-use/more-info.html>
> >
> > pirating stuff from usenet (or elsewhere) is not in any way fair use.
> >
> > fair use is a *defense*, not an excuse to intentionally pirate.
> >
> > put down the shovel before you dig yourself an even deeper hole.
>
> Yet again, nospam, you prove you have a substandard IQ and no education.
> *What's amazing is that you are actually the _smartest_ of the iKooks!*

instead of putting down the shovel, you chose to bring out the backhoe.

> It's interesting that you iKooks always form a VERY STRONG belief system
> based on essentially zero actual facts, and even when facts are involved,
> you iKooks don't own the IQ nor the education to comprehend complexities.

arlen-speak for 'i'm over my head but will pretend to know what i'm
talking about'.

> For example, you know I substitute teach STEM classes at the local schools

do the students laugh when you leave the room?

> and yet you are likely completely unaware that the actual _use_ that you
> put a copyrighted material to is a key part of some of the fair use tenets.
>
> Hence, I could download a specific file and in one use it's copyright
> infringement, and yet, in an educational use - it would likely not be.

it's a good thing you don't teach law, because what you describe is
infringing, and a fair use claim is highly unlikely to absolve you of
any liability.

Re: Using Android's Mock Location Setting to Watch TV Programming from Other Areas

<tcgiov$9q6$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=10878&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#10878

From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2022 14:49:46 +0100
References: <tc9unn$15o6l$1@dont-email.me> <tca8qr$7mj5$1@solani.org> <tcab0a$19nig$1@dont-email.me> <tcacal$1a1q4$1@dont-email.me> <020820220638406421%nospam@nospam.invalid> <tcbi45$1jbjk$1@dont-email.me> <tcdtla$28lu6$1@dont-email.me> <030820221003294145%nospam@nospam.invalid> <tcek4k$1hgr$1@gioia.aioe.org> <030820221734438544%nospam@nospam.invalid> <tcf6rj$1l81$1@gioia.aioe.org> <040820220501003422%nospam@nospam.invalid>
 by: Andy Burnelli - Thu, 4 Aug 2022 13:49 UTC

nospam wrote:

> it's a good thing you don't teach law, because what you describe is
> infringing, and a fair use claim is highly unlikely to absolve you of
> any liability.

Misunderstanding copyright law is another example of _why_ you're iKooks.

a. iKooks can't understand anything slightly complex (aka *you're stupid*)
b. And iKooks know nothing about anything (aka *you're uneducated*)
c. But worse... *your ego is tied to the profits Apple makes* off of you

Therefore *you iKooks defend Apple to the death*, which, in this case means
*You claim everything iOS can't do must be illegal*

Even though every other platform can do it (including the macOS).