From: MetalG...@IsItYou.com (Metal Guru)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Subject: FREE: King of Dragon Pass (IndieGala)
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2023 01:29:07 -0500
 by: Metal Guru - Sat, 18 Feb 2023 06:29 UTC

This is a pretty good one, played KoDP ages ago and actually bought the
digital version again real cheap a few months back (had it originally on
disc). I understand it plays a bit like Oregon Trail, which I haven't
played.

https://freebies.indiegala.com/king-of-dragon-pass

"A unique mix of RPG and strategy: everything in King of Dragon Pass is
about choice and control.

Create your own epic saga of survival, mythology and diplomacy! Rule
your clan, make strategic decisions that affect the game world, win
battles and expand your influence in this unique mix of RPG, strategy
and story-telling."

--
We are monkeys with money and guns

Re: FREE: King of Dragon Pass (IndieGala)

<tsqa6e$3vopt$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=10885&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#10885

From: now...@nochance.com (JAB)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Subject: Re: FREE: King of Dragon Pass (IndieGala)
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2023 10:44:26 +0000
 by: JAB - Sat, 18 Feb 2023 10:44 UTC

On 18/02/2023 06:29, Metal Guru wrote:
> This is a pretty good one, played KoDP ages ago and actually bought the
> digital version again real cheap a few months back (had it originally on
> disc). I understand it plays a bit like Oregon Trail, which I haven't
> played.
>
> https://freebies.indiegala.com/king-of-dragon-pass
>
> "A unique mix of RPG and strategy: everything in King of Dragon Pass is
> about choice and control.
>
> Create your own epic saga of survival, mythology and diplomacy! Rule
> your clan, make strategic decisions that affect the game world, win
> battles and expand your influence in this unique mix of RPG, strategy
> and story-telling."

I'm kinda tempted to get that on the iPad as it seems well suited to
that format and it's set in the Runequest world.

Re: FREE: King of Dragon Pass (IndieGala)

<ri42vh1bsemdsglis987441putri91pnou@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=10889&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#10889

From: spallshu...@gmail.com (Spalls Hurgenson)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2023 13:04:10 -0500
 by: Spalls Hurgenson - Sat, 18 Feb 2023 18:04 UTC

On Sat, 18 Feb 2023 01:29:07 -0500, Metal Guru <MetalGuru@IsItYou.com>
wrote:

>This is a pretty good one, played KoDP ages ago and actually bought the
>digital version again real cheap a few months back (had it originally on
>disc). I understand it plays a bit like Oregon Trail, which I haven't
>played.
>
>https://freebies.indiegala.com/king-of-dragon-pass
>
>"A unique mix of RPG and strategy: everything in King of Dragon Pass is
>about choice and control.
>
>Create your own epic saga of survival, mythology and diplomacy! Rule
>your clan, make strategic decisions that affect the game world, win
>battles and expand your influence in this unique mix of RPG, strategy
>and story-telling."

I already have it on disk, GOG and Steam, so I'll pass as well.

I don't remember the game that fondly anyway, although it's been years
since I've played it (when did it originally come out, 2005?). It's a
weird mix of text-heavy "choose-your-own-adventure" style adventure
and strategy that never really appealed to me. Plus, there's always
been something about Glorantha - the RuneQuest setting - that rubbed
me the wrong way.

But thanks for the update.

Re: FREE: King of Dragon Pass (IndieGala)

<17ca674a-2121-42a0-8bdb-73fab0063b5dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=10937&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#10937

Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2023 07:46:49 -0800 (PST)
From: justis...@gmail.com (Justisaur)
 by: Justisaur - Thu, 23 Feb 2023 15:46 UTC

On Saturday, February 18, 2023 at 10:04:28 AM UTC-8, Spalls Hurgenson wrote:
> On Sat, 18 Feb 2023 01:29:07 -0500, Metal Guru <Meta...@IsItYou.com>
> wrote:
> >This is a pretty good one, played KoDP ages ago and actually bought the
> >digital version again real cheap a few months back (had it originally on
> >disc). I understand it plays a bit like Oregon Trail, which I haven't
> >played.
> >
> >https://freebies.indiegala.com/king-of-dragon-pass
> >
> >"A unique mix of RPG and strategy: everything in King of Dragon Pass is
> >about choice and control.
> >
> >Create your own epic saga of survival, mythology and diplomacy! Rule
> >your clan, make strategic decisions that affect the game world, win
> >battles and expand your influence in this unique mix of RPG, strategy
> >and story-telling."
> I already have it on disk, GOG and Steam, so I'll pass as well.
>
> I don't remember the game that fondly anyway, although it's been years
> since I've played it (when did it originally come out, 2005?). It's a
> weird mix of text-heavy "choose-your-own-adventure" style adventure
> and strategy that never really appealed to me. Plus, there's always
> been something about Glorantha - the RuneQuest setting - that rubbed
> me the wrong way.

I always thought the duck race was funny, but I've never played let alone
read RuneQuest and have no idea what sets it appart. I'd be happy to
try it if I ran across a game.

This is almost intriguing enough to register there, almost.

- Justisaur