From: spallshu...@gmail.com (Spalls Hurgenson)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Subject: Amazon Prime Games - week of Feb 23 2023
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2023 11:25:20 -0500
 by: Spalls Hurgenson - Thu, 23 Feb 2023 16:25 UTC

I dunno, this change from monthly to weekly games-giveaways by Amazon
isn't working out for me. I just can't seem to remember to check in
with them. Well, fortunately, the offers don't expire until a month
after they're released so even if I skip a week or three, I can still
get the games.

Anyway, here's what's on tap so far:

Week 1: Elder Scrolls 3 GOTY (via GOG)
Week 2: DKO Divine Knockout (via EPIC)
Week 3: One Hand Clapping (Amazon)
Week 4: BATS Bloodsucker Anti-Terror Squad (Amazon)

So, nothing particularly exciting. Morrowind is always fun, of course,
but it's an oldie and been given away so often we all probably have
two or three copies lurking away in various libraries. DKO is an
online brawler; One Hand Clapping is a platformer that requires you to
sing into a microphone, and BATS is a metroidvania/shooter. All fine
games, but fairly niche and limited in scope by virtue of being Indie
developed.

It's hard to get excited enough to remember to log-on to the website
if this is all they're offering. But I'm paying for the service (God
how I wish I weren't ;-) so I might as well claim the games.

Re: Amazon Prime Games - week of Feb 23 2023

<tt8orr$1vtia$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=10949&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#10949

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Subject: Re: Amazon Prime Games - week of Feb 23 2023
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2023 14:20:45 -0800
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Thu, 23 Feb 2023 22:20 UTC

On 2/23/2023 8:25 AM, Spalls Hurgenson wrote:
> I dunno, this change from monthly to weekly games-giveaways by Amazon
> isn't working out for me. I just can't seem to remember to check in
> with them. Well, fortunately, the offers don't expire until a month
> after they're released so even if I skip a week or three, I can still
> get the games.
>
> Anyway, here's what's on tap so far:
>
> Week 1: Elder Scrolls 3 GOTY (via GOG)
> Week 2: DKO Divine Knockout (via EPIC)
> Week 3: One Hand Clapping (Amazon)
> Week 4: BATS Bloodsucker Anti-Terror Squad (Amazon)
>

> So, nothing particularly exciting. Morrowind is always fun, of course,
> but it's an oldie and been given away so often we all probably have
> two or three copies lurking away in various libraries. DKO is an
> online brawler; One Hand Clapping is a platformer that requires you to
> sing into a microphone, and BATS is a metroidvania/shooter. All fine
> games, but fairly niche and limited in scope by virtue of being Indie
> developed.
>
> It's hard to get excited enough to remember to log-on to the website
> if this is all they're offering. But I'm paying for the service (God
> how I wish I weren't ;-) so I might as well claim the games.

Eh, the only one I'd be interested in is Morrowind and I already have it
from GOG.

dirty old man.

Re: Amazon Prime Games - week of Feb 23 2023

<tta2sd$26c6r$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=10955&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#10955

From: now...@nochance.com (JAB)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2023 10:17:42 +0000
 by: JAB - Fri, 24 Feb 2023 10:17 UTC

On 23/02/2023 22:20, Dimensional Traveler wrote:
> On 2/23/2023 8:25 AM, Spalls Hurgenson wrote:
>> I dunno, this change from monthly to weekly games-giveaways by Amazon
>> isn't working out for me. I just can't seem to remember to check in
>> with them. Well, fortunately, the offers don't expire until a month
>> after they're released so even if I skip a week or three, I can still
>> get the games.
>>
>> Anyway, here's what's on tap so far:
>>
>>     Week 1: Elder Scrolls 3 GOTY  (via GOG)
>>     Week 2: DKO Divine Knockout   (via EPIC)
>>     Week 3: One Hand Clapping   (Amazon)
>>     Week 4: BATS Bloodsucker Anti-Terror Squad  (Amazon)
>>

>> So, nothing particularly exciting. Morrowind is always fun, of course,
>> but it's an oldie and been given away so often we all probably have
>> two or three copies lurking away in various libraries. DKO is an
>> online brawler; One Hand Clapping is a platformer that requires you to
>> sing into a microphone, and BATS is a metroidvania/shooter. All fine
>> games, but fairly niche and limited in scope by virtue of being Indie
>> developed.
>>
>> It's hard to get excited enough to remember to log-on to the website
>> if this is all they're offering. But I'm paying for the service (God
>> how I wish I weren't ;-) so I might as well claim the games.
>>
> Eh, the only one I'd be interested in is Morrowind and I already have it
> from GOG.

Now added, all on Amazon.

Space Crew Legendary Edition
Space Warlord Organ Trading Simulator
Tunche

The first two could be ok, and they get positive reviews on Steam, so
I've claimed them. The last one, just not my type of thing.

I'd been disappointed so far this month but those two kinda make up for it.