From: ant...@zimage.comANT (Ant)
Subject: Is there a way to resize and access the other OS' partitions' data?
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.apps,comp.sys.mac.software,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.sys.mac.systems
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2023 18:13:33 +0000
 by: Ant - Thu, 16 Nov 2023 18:13 UTC

Boot Camp's updated 64-bit W10 Home is sure a disk hog and only has 11
GB free while macOS Mojave v10.14.6 (still using it for 32-bit app
support) has way more. I hope I don't have to start all over again. :(

Also, I'd love to have each OS be able to access each other's
partitions. Booted updated 64-bit W10 access macOS' partition's data and
booted macOS access W10's Boot Camp partition's data.

2012 MBP is using updated macOS Mojave v10.14.6 and encrypted APFS.

Thank you for reading and hopefully answering soon. :)
--
"I eagerly expect and hope that I will in no way be ashamed, but will have sufficient courage so that now as always Christ will be exalted in my body, whether by life or by death." --Philippians 1:20. Jesus > me. 2 many Zs esp. during slow, dark, rainy days.
| |o o| |

Re: Is there a way to resize and access the other OS' partitions' data?

<krn7rkFpnbmU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1111&group=comp.sys.mac.apps#1111

From: pjh...@nanoworks.com (Percival John Hackworth)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.apps,comp.sys.mac.software,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.sys.mac.systems
Date: 16 Nov 2023 19:11:48 GMT
 by: Percival John Hackwo - Thu, 16 Nov 2023 19:11 UTC

On Nov 16, 2023 at 10:13:33 AM PST, "Ant" <Ant> wrote:

> Boot Camp's updated 64-bit W10 Home is sure a disk hog and only has 11
> GB free while macOS Mojave v10.14.6 (still using it for 32-bit app
> support) has way more. I hope I don't have to start all over again. :(
>
> Also, I'd love to have each OS be able to access each other's
> partitions. Booted updated 64-bit W10 access macOS' partition's data and
> booted macOS access W10's Boot Camp partition's data.
>
> 2012 MBP is using updated macOS Mojave v10.14.6 and encrypted APFS.
>
> Thank you for reading and hopefully answering soon. :)

I don't know how bootcamp is setup on Mojave. If that partition is APFS, then
you may be able grow the partition and shrink the MacOS partition. That's what
volume managers give you. I doubt this is the case as Apple or whomever would
have to supply a version of W10 that can boot on APFS volumes. There may be
such an extension for a running system, but I doubt there's one for a base OS
install. That would require Microsoft and Apple dev teams to have quite
intimate relations. I doubt that would happen.

If it's NTFS or some other format, then you have to backup EVERYTHING, wipe
the drive, reformat to reallocate space, and restore MacOS and Win10 from
backups.

This is why I run Win10 in a VM.

Re: Is there a way to resize and access the other OS' partitions' data?

<krpildFc25iU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1112&group=comp.sys.mac.apps#1112

From: jollyro...@pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.apps,comp.sys.mac.software,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.sys.mac.systems
Subject: Re: Is there a way to resize and access the other OS' partitions'
data?
Date: 17 Nov 2023 16:28:30 GMT
 by: Jolly Roger - Fri, 17 Nov 2023 16:28 UTC

On 2023-11-16, Ant <ant@zimage.comANT> wrote:
> Boot Camp's updated 64-bit W10 Home is sure a disk hog and only has 11
> GB free while macOS Mojave v10.14.6 (still using it for 32-bit app
> support) has way more. I hope I don't have to start all over again. :(
>
> Also, I'd love to have each OS be able to access each other's
> partitions. Booted updated 64-bit W10 access macOS' partition's data and
> booted macOS access W10's Boot Camp partition's data.
>
> 2012 MBP is using updated macOS Mojave v10.14.6 and encrypted APFS.

This is another reason running a VM is better: no need to partition,
since everything is stored in a disk image file which can be located
anywhere you want in the macOS file system.

JR