From: klaus.sc...@gmail.com (KlausSchadenfreude)
Newsgroups: alt.food.fast-food
Subject: Free Fries In Exchage For Personal Info- Is It a Good Deal?
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2022 05:57:55 -0700
 by: KlausSchadenfreude - Tue, 12 Jul 2022 12:57 UTC

https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/11/business/mcdonalds-wendys-free-fries/index.html

McDonald's and Wendy's are both giving away free fries this week.

On Wednesday, in celebration of the (apparently real) National French
Fry Day, McDonald's will give away free orders of large fries — with
no purchase necessary. However, the free fries can only be ordered
through the McDonald's app, and customers must be members of the
chain's loyalty program.

Like McDonald's, Wendy's recently reformulated fries are only free if
ordered through its app and customers have to be part of the brand's
digital loyalty program.

Wednesday, July 13 is National French Fry Day.

Keep in mind that hackers attacked McDonald’s and stole data from
systems in multiple markets in June of last year.

Wendy's reached a $50 million breach settlement with banks
back in February of 2019 .

Worth the risk for $1.39 worth of fries?

Re: Free Fries In Exchage For Personal Info- Is It a Good Deal?

<kpvtchl2c8tplsmsvdfm9eql8thnkus3m9@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=11182&group=alt.food.fast-food#11182

From: klaus.sc...@gmail.com (KlausSchadenfreude)
Newsgroups: alt.food.fast-food
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2022 10:22:38 -0700
 by: KlausSchadenfreude - Wed, 13 Jul 2022 17:22 UTC

On Wed, 13 Jul 2022 01:57:16 -0700, KWills <a@b.c> wrote:

>On Tue, 12 Jul 2022 05:57:55 -0700, KlausSchadenfreude
><klaus.schadenfreudeREMOVE@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/11/business/mcdonalds-wendys-free-fries/index.html
>>
>>McDonald's and Wendy's are both giving away free fries this week.
>>
>>On Wednesday, in celebration of the (apparently real) National French
>>Fry Day, McDonald's will give away free orders of large fries — with
>>no purchase necessary. However, the free fries can only be ordered
>>through the McDonald's app, and customers must be members of the
>>chain's loyalty program.
>>
>>Like McDonald's, Wendy's recently reformulated fries are only free if
>>ordered through its app and customers have to be part of the brand's
>>digital loyalty program.
>>

> If someone is thinking about getting the apps, the offers may be
>good incentives.
>
>>Wednesday, July 13 is National French Fry Day.
>>
>>Keep in mind that hackers attacked McDonald’s and stole data from
>>systems in multiple markets in June of last year.
>>
>>Wendy's reached a $50 million breach settlement with banks
>>back in February of 2019 .
>>
>>Worth the risk for $1.39 worth of fries?
>
> No. But, IMO, nothing is worth either app. I have the Walmart and
>Ralphs apps. But I use them. I can't envision ever having a reason to
>use any fast food app.

I suppose if you live with your parents and they supply you with money
for fast food, then, yes, it might be an attractive offer.

interests / alt.food.fast-food / Re: Free Fries In Exchage For Personal Info- Is It a Good Deal?